What's new

CONFIRMED! PATCH TIME BOYS

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
That's interesting, I'm the exact opposite. I can spend more time labbing and memorizing options against a bunch of characters, and go multiple days without playing anyone. Then I'll go play and muscle memory my way through matches. "Oh you did that move with that character, my memory says I follow up with option A. Next time since you'll expect A I follow up with B. Oh you're using character X? I know this option works better, so let me see how you respond, and if you adjust then I adjust". I try to learn all the for and against options for specific MUs. This is also why I tend to struggle in MUs that I rarely see when I shouldn't like an unexpected solid Kollector and such, because of my training style. I practice to be able to beat the character, so beating the player becomes secondary.
you probably didn't let your friends look at your homework either.........

Sanjo

Noob
That's interesting, I'm the exact opposite. I can spend more time labbing and memorizing options against a bunch of characters, and go multiple days without playing anyone. Then I'll go play and muscle memory my way through matches. "Oh you did that move with that character, my memory says I follow up with option A. Next time since you'll expect A I follow up with B. Oh you're using character X? I know this option works better, so let me see how you respond, and if you adjust then I adjust". I try to learn all the for and against options for specific MUs. This is also why I tend to struggle in MUs that I rarely see when I shouldn't like an unexpected solid Kollector and such, because of my training style. I practice to be able to beat the character, so beating the player becomes secondary.
I lab differently. I focus on my key normals, learning the most about their properties, and then try To figure out in what scenario I can use them best. That way I'm able to find quick answers to any problem I might encounter, even when I have very little to no MU experience against a character. Then I put myself at the opponent's place and search for a way to counter my own strategy in order to find a counter to the counter haha. I'm not sure I'm making myself clear anymore . Anyway, I also do like you guys whenever I stumble upon a problem I didn't prep fork: I go into the lab and work a specific situation.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I lab differently. I focus on my key normals, learning the most about their properties, and then try To figure out in what scenario I can use them best. That way I'm able to find quick answers to any problem I might encounter, even when I have very little to no MU experience against a character. Then I put myself at the opponent's place and search for a way to counter my own strategy in order to find a counter to the counter haha. I'm not sure I'm making myself clear anymore . Anyway, I also do like you guys whenever I stumble upon a problem I didn't prep fork: I go into the lab and work a specific situation.
This is also a really good way of going about it! I think since I'm so defensive a player I try to master knowing what "you" are able to use and what I can do to stop that. Helps me play a true shell style even in MUs like Scorpion or Sonya. If I was more of an offensive player I'd probably be taking your exact approach here. With my approach, it makes it take longer for me to find out what my characters offensive potential is, one of the faults. I try to mix that in though to master certain utilization of the toolsets such as (Cetrion) my S1 vs S11, backdash capabilities during pressure or on block, how to vary staggers, etc. If only there was more time in a day lol.

It's probably just me but, I don't think we're gonna get a damn thing Patch-wise lol.

Maybe MAYBE once the last character in the Kombat Pack is out near the end of the year.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
5 pages in and not one person noticed he put Ivy under reasonable buffs?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I gain nothing about arguing with an Ivy player. Let alone one that bitched full she got buffed everyday until she did.
And it was reasonable. We can go down this route if you want but you’ll lose badly and I don’t want to derail the thread

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
I keep seeing that people are putting kitana in the "unreasonable buffs" category, and I wonder why? She's not bad by ANY means, but what she does, other characters do it 2 times better. She needs help so why, if she gets buffed, would be "unreasonable"?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I keep seeing that people are putting kitana in the "unreasonable buffs" category, and I wonder why? She's not bad by ANY means, but what she does, other characters do it 2 times better. She needs help so why, if she gets buffed, would be "unreasonable"?
They're saying that they are predicting her to get too many buffs or buffs that make no sense for her. Basically making her TOO good, rather than just beefing her up a bit.

My prediction is the big winners of this patch will be the ones knocking on the top tier door but aren't likely to see adjustments.

If Geras/Cassie/Erron are brought in line than it's be hard to imagine Jax not being incredibly strong.

I keep seeing that people are putting kitana in the "unreasonable buffs" category, and I wonder why?
It's like early MKX Piercing Mileena. She could use some help, but if she gets anything close to the truckload of buffs her community is actually asking for she'll be instant Stupid Tier