What's new

CONFIRMED! PATCH TIME BOYS

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Unreasonable nerfs?
Like when they nerfed command grabs so they get krushing blow D2d, making Kano even worst lol.

--------------------------

The thing that makes me anxious is that there is a big possibly that they might add new variations in this upcoming patch too. It'll make it even harder to get better balance. There is a possibly it might get worst.

I have faith in NRS though. They did a great job on the vanilla balance imo.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I like how you use the word “fix” like it’s a meme and not what literally needs to happen
I wasn't saying it like that to imply that it shouldn't happen, just using the quotations to show that calling it a fix is a little silly considering how much it will affect the character - that will single handedly skyrocket him into being top 5 particularly if other top tiers are nerfed.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I wasn't saying it like that to imply that it shouldn't happen, just using the quotations to show that calling it a fix is a little silly considering how much it will affect the character - that will single handedly skyrocket him into being top 5 particularly if other top tiers are nerfed.
Okay I read you. Even so if a character like JC was top 5 that sounds like a pretty fun and balanced game

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Bane’d: D’Vorah
Scorpion’d: Geras, Sonya

Reasonable Buffs: Raiden, Kotal, Kitana, Kollector, Frost
Reasonable Nerfs: Jacqui, Cassie, Sub-Zero

Unreasonable Buffs: Johnny, Cetrion, Noob
Unreasonable Nerfs: Scorpion, Erron

Sanjo

Noob
shang has so many bad mu more than any top 10 characters. he has no mix ups he open you up on footsies and in neutral everything he does is unsafe or has gaps. a 7f d3 is good but not like he needs it.. characters like geras,scorpion and jade completly prevent him to play his game. He also get outzoned by characters that arent suppose to be zoners like liu,sonya,sub
Having bad MU is normal, even more against super top tier characters like Geras, Sonia... or anti-zoners like Jade and Scorpion (if you are a zoner, which is Shang 's case).
But back on topic, I think that there won't be much changes except a very few nerfs to the top tiers, some adjustments on some moves (hit box problems like mids not connecting on crouching foes, some recovery added or substracted on some moves...)

Having bad MU is normal, even more against super top tier characters like Geras, Sonia... or anti-zoners like Jade and Scorpion (if you are a zoner, which is Shang 's case).
But back on topic, I think that there won't be much changes except a very few nerfs to the top tiers, some adjustments on some moves (hit box problems like mids not connecting on crouching foes, some recovery added or substracted on some moves...)
he doesnt lose just to them . he lose againts sub,liu,skarlet,noob saibot,raiden

Sanjo

Noob
he doesnt lose just to them . he lose againts sub,liu,skarlet,noob saibot,raiden
Mmm... too soon to say that I think. At the moment, we can agree that you lose to them. Match-ups, outside of the fact that anti-zoners are the bane of pure zoning type characters like Shang, Cetrion..., are not clear for the moment. There is still a lot to discover in this game.
#mk11isdeeperthanyouthink

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Unreasonable nerfs for Cage, it's pretty clear.

They will NOT fix any hitbox issue, but they will still nerf Cage because of the <insert extremely major soul energy consumption here not to write another word> "people that have no ideea" and yell he is top tier.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
I hope Special Forces characters +Geras and Cetrion get nerfed and interesting/stylish chracaters like Kitana, Raiden, Kung Lao, Kotal Kahn and D'Vorah get buffed so that this game finally becomes watchable. I'm sick of Jacqui, Cassie, Sonya and their blandness on screen all the time...

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Ahh this takes me back... I remember in mkx ppl said Lao was fine (he wasn't especially with buzz saw as his only option) then nrs buffed him and blessed him with top ten goodness. I expect the same from nrs. I love how nobody mentioned him you all Know damn well Lao getting buffed.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think NRS learned how to patch well. Inj2 patches were pretty reasonable by the end. However, for the sake of saltpeculation, here goes:

Bane treatment: Kano, Johnny (Johnny isn't bad but he's gonna get Baned)
Scorpion treatment: Erron (I HOPE)

Reasonable buffs: Kotal
Reasonable nerfs: Geras
Unreasonable buffs: Jax, Kitana, Skarlet
Unreasonable nerfs: cough double cough triple cough
I agree, I would add Sonya in reasonable Nerfs too. And I don't expect Cassie's F4 to stay at 9f or 0 on block after this patch.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'm going to go different.

NRS: "We heard you, all slot moves are legal"
Hitbox/hurtbox fixes.

KB requirements adjusted to be one of 3 types.
  1. Counter/Punish (pure punish... non of this high/low crap) => 300 damage if no launch
  2. land in a combo of (x) or more
  3. Land (x) number
Throws no longer have a hitbox below the knees.

Thats it. We will not communicate for probably 6 months. Enjoy guessing when the next DLC may drop!!!!
I'd be so down for this. Mainly cause I want the other specials lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This is what I hope (using the OP's layout):

Bane treatment: Raiden (Raiden is too cool looking and too powerful a character to not be used imo)
Scorpion treatment: Geras, Scorpion, Erron, Sonya (fuck these hoes)

Reasonable Buffs: Shao Kahn, Kotal Kahn, Kollector, Kitana, Sub Zero
Reasonable Nerfs: Jacqui, Cetrion, Cassie, Sub Zero

Yes, I put Sub in both the nerfs and buffs sections. I went them to ditch the mkx 50/50 sub and give him better mids/specials.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
So a thread thats promoting EVO and discussing the inevitable patch about MK on a MK site is stupid and should be banned?

Again, dumb people make dumb comments. Right dummy?
SPECULATION MEANS INEVITABLE NOW, let alone another shitty patch thread

give me the source, ill wait
/Thread

LMFAO

Gunnxr

Apprentice
shang has so many bad mu more than any top 10 characters. he has no mix ups he open you up on footsies and in neutral everything he does is unsafe or has gaps. a 7f d3 is good but not like he needs it.. characters like geras,scorpion and jade completly prevent him to play his game. He also get outzoned by characters that arent suppose to be zoners like liu,sonya,sub
I have struggled against every Shang I have played while using Jade. Corpse drop can't be prevented by glow and they can move the corpse so it drops wherever they want. I can't get it or away from the corpses

gitblame

Noob
I don't believe any patches will make this game suited for me. I am already reconciled with fact that game is not my cup of tea and it does not mean there is something wrong with game or me.

But If it was up to me how to change the game, here is my wishlist:
Of course hitboxes mess takes priority to fix. It's probably obvious to everyone

It will sound vague but I want characters to feel more complete. I tried in this game Kitana, Cassie, Skarlet, Jade, Johnny, Kung Lao and Geras. Even though it's basically whole tier list spectrum only one character from those felt complete. It's Geras. Every other character - even the top tier and good ones like Cassie, Jade and Skarlet - felt half finished and I ended up using the same tools over and over because how much stronger they were compared to others. For example Kitana is filled with strings like 21222 21343, 32 which you will never use. Why would you throw out this short range slow 13f highs when you have 13f mid with better range than leaves you less negative on block?

Nerf pokes. 6-7 frame pokes that have good range and are -2, -3 or -4 on block has to go. If your character have bad pokes and does not have 9f hit confirmable mid playing vs Errons, Shangs, Scorpions and Gerases feels absurd. It's super frustrating when oponnents just throw pokes on block like machingun. And you can't enforce your turn back or even poke back. Every time Scorpion does D1 into D1 on block and it works part of me dies. Also pokes should universall jail into highs on hit.

Fatal blow needs total rework. In some matchups game literally punishes you for heaving a life lead. Many times when you have a life lead, but it's not that big that you cannot allow yourself for just taking fatal blow, characters like Erron Black or Jax puts you in huge disadvantage. You are automatically using neutral from anywhere on screen and game is gone and you sudenly need play around full screen, armored unreactable threat. In my opinion fatal blow cooldown has to go. You can't have fatal blow back if you missed it. I don't know how many krushing blow has requirement that moves has to connect during fatal blow cooldown (I know that one of Kitana's custom move has requirement like this) but those requirement needs to be changed. Also all fullscreen fatal blows has to have decreased range or increased starup so you can see them.

I would make jump kicks negative on block. Wanna have pressure after jumpins? Use jump punches which are universally easier to anti air.