What's new

Comprehensive 1-10 skill chart. Rate yourself or others or just refer to it for fun.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
probably a 6

I know this is weird but I feel less confident when facing bad players. they just do so much random shit like JIP JIP JIP and i'm too fucking afraid to AA because I know that shit will whiff. I lose to bad players all the time because of it and I could just blame online but idk if that's the only reason. Where as if I'm playing a good player I try to prove myself a bit and I focus a lot more. Even if I lose I still feel like it's a learning experience, but if I lose to a player that I know i'm better than it just makes me get discouraged. kind of fucking sucks and I hope I can improve this for MKX.
I feel like we are the same person after reading that! haha

DanCock

Cock Master!!
original killer instinct, mk2, mk6 and mk 7 id say im a 7 at certain times when i played them for hours daily, borderline 8. mk9 and injustice 5.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
10. GODLIKE- You are a master at your game with multiple characters. You can react almost precognitively and almost never drop a combo. You view bad MU as an excuse and can adapt to them. It's a THING if you lose a match. Leaving your name off of win prediction lists causes epic forum arguments.

That last one doesn't really make sense. If you're the master with multiple characters, why would you play a bad MU?

@FOREVER KING

Also, I'm a 9.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
10. GODLIKE- You are a master at your game with multiple characters. You can react almost precognitively and almost never drop a combo. You view bad MU as an excuse and can adapt to them. It's a THING if you lose a match. Leaving your name off of win prediction lists causes epic forum arguments.

That last one doesn't really make sense. If you're the master with multiple characters, why would you play a bad MU?

@FOREVER KING

Also, I'm a 9.
I would say you are a 10 for INj, at this moment you could probably beat anyone, don't be too modest now, i'm sure everyone would agree you perfomance vs Sonic at WB also would put you at a 10.

i say i'm a 9, but inconsistent. of course we will have someone in this thread say otherwise though.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
I would say you are a 10 for INj, at this moment you could probably beat anyone, don't be too modest now, i'm sure everyone would agree you perfomance vs Sonic at WB also would put you at a 10.

i say i'm a 9, but inconsistent. of course we will have someone in this thread say otherwise though.
lol I guess if I take out the line saying 'multiple characters', I would put myself as a 10. That's the main reason I put 9.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Great responses here people. 9-10 is really designed to be unrealistic goals for most. Theres no shame in 7-8 wich is a comfortable place to be at for most. Id imagine there are 10s that are really 9s. Its not a bell curve, so your not graded compared to the rest of the field, its completely individual. So there could be a game with no 10s for example.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I'm an "8" if I play alone in a dungeon.
However my social and tournament skills are useless, and whenever I go to a public tourney with people yelling and talking crap and calling me "free" before I even play, my nerves go to the shitter and I can barely hit a 2 hit combo.

I go down to a "3" in these cases, and the psychological strain on my nerves to pull off the win is tremendous, and usually leaves me a vegetable. Most of the time I will lose my next match almost guaranteed because I can barely concentrate to guard stuff.

Dammit brain why do you suck so much....

Last edited:

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I think something like this would be more accurate if people rated others instead of themselves.
No I think its been mostly good. Its a real test of introspection and being able to look at yourself in a mirror without delusions or ego getting in the way.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I think its fair to say that pretty much all TYM members are 6.5-10's. I myself am a 6.5-7 I'd guess. I get bodied by NRS netcode, but offline I can hang with most players I know. It sucks because my scene is awful :-( I've played Mr. Mileena, and Pig online and got DESTROYED! Admittedly, lag played a factor in me looking just awful, but I could tell those guys were a cut above. That's when I realized I'm a 7, until I can play against better people on either a better connection or in person. Excited for MKX and a chance to get better, and to never feel helpless against anyone. (I had to edit the numbers after rereading them.)

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm Sub-Zero :p:D get it? Sub-Zero? Bad joke I know but had to...

I don't like ranking myself, used to but people say it makes you have a huge ego if you do so I'll just say when I invest the time I can compete against anyone I feel.

I play all MK games though, one thing that a lot of people don't do I've noticed. Hell I'll even play MK 4, still have it on my N64!