What's new

Competitive PC scene

Regularly scheduled Friday Koth again this week. Will definitely start by 6:00 p.m. PDT but depending on how many EU people wanna play we can start earlier.

Also what's everyone's thoughts on starting some sort of league like they do on PS4? This would help alleviate the timezone problem since it's really difficult to get a bunch of people in different countries free at the same time. I don't want to people to get punished for their geography and right now the time slot sucks for everyone not in NA. But if you can play league matches at your own convenience then at least we can still get some good games in and maybe even play for a prize.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I think a league would be perfect. People can set up their matches as needed on their own terms as opposed to having set dates/times that will never be able to include everyone due to the drastic time zone differences. My only concern is how connection issues would be handled. I'm on wifi and I know how dirty that word is to some despite the generally stable connection.

As for this Friday, yall enjoy without me. I'll unfortunately be traveling.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Regularly scheduled Friday Koth again this week. Will definitely start by 6:00 p.m. PDT but depending on how many EU people wanna play we can start earlier.

Also what's everyone's thoughts on starting some sort of league like they do on PS4? This would help alleviate the timezone problem since it's really difficult to get a bunch of people in different countries free at the same time. I don't want to people to get punished for their geography and right now the time slot sucks for everyone not in NA. But if you can play league matches at your own convenience then at least we can still get some good games in and maybe even play for a prize.
Im down for it good sir.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
ggs everyone but damn we need more people to join
If all you need is an extra warm body or some character variety in a room sometime then I can come and get tossed around for awhile (literally because I can't tech throws).

I can beat up plenty of people, but do fall apart against good players and the hyper aggressive, so I don't want to just waltz in and be "that guy that thinks he knows what he is doing."

Alright y'all it's time we got a league too so introducing the

TYM PC League!

Here's the rules
1. Register in this thread with your Steam link (e.g. Evantabes) by Saturday, November 2nd 11:59 p.m. PDT

2. Each week you will play one First to 5 set with a scheduled opponent. You have the entire week from Sunday to Saturday to play this set. It's up the players to find a time that works out for both parties.

3. Results with proof are to be posted in this thread before the end of Saturday PDT. Proof can be twitch vod, yt vid, or (probably easiest) screenshot of the score after the set. Turn on "Versus Session Stats" under Gameplay Options so there's no bsing about the score. I know no one would lie about their scores (I hope) and it's really easy to forget the score during a FT5 so this just makes it easier.

4. 1 point for each game win during a set, 1 point for winning a set. So a set between Player A and player B ending 5-3 for Player A would result in 6 points for Player A (5 + 1) and 3 points for Player B. No points for either player if you don't play your match for the week. If one person does not show up at the agreed upon time (and you have proof), automatic 5 points for the winner and -1 for the person who didn't show up (barring extenuating circumstances or if your opponent is nice and lets you reschedule). The point is show up at your scheduled time.

5. At the end of the season, top 4 in points will play a single elimination bracket. FT5 every round with a 3rd/4th tiebreaker (actually I was thinkning all of top 4 be FT10 but I understand if people don't want to do that much. Depending on what people want, this is subject to change). Tiebreaker will be number of sets won. If that's the same then head to head will be the tiebreaker.

That's pretty much it for the rules. Here's a few other things. I wanted this to be FT5 (and maybe FT10 at the end) because I think the point of this league is to play a lot of decent games since it's so hard to come across these on PC. FT3 doesn't really provide a lot from a learning perspective, but longer sets do. Of course this is subject to change if no one wants to do FT5 that's fine. I haven't decided how to handle connection problems yet. Ideally everyone would be wired but I know that won't happen. I guess we'll get to that if it comes up. I will do my best to provide some sort of prize for at least 1st place. If we get 10 people to sign up then I will consider this a success. This is my first time doing something like this so bear with me on any problems, I swear I will do my best to sort them. Other than that I hope everyone has fun and gets some good games in. Feel free to AMA.

PS Also hosting the regularly scheduled Koth on Friday 10/25/19. Room will be called TYM Koth. Should be live by 5 p.m. PDT

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
If all you need is an extra warm body or some character variety in a room sometime then I can come and get tossed around for awhile (literally because I can't tech throws).

I can beat up plenty of people, but do fall apart against good players and the hyper aggressive, so I don't want to just waltz in and be "that guy that thinks he knows what he is doing."
Bro you can play with us anytime we are not dicks but we talk shit to each other because we have played hundreds of games together. You aint gonna lvl up sitting on the sidelines, I dont win that much but I for sure talk shit like I do :D