What's new

General/Other - Commando Commando Variation Discussion Thread

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Jeez argue much? :DOGE Nah I'm just kidding, what do you think then?

I mean, Sun God does have better damage, that much is true and his parry is better.

But, I think Commando has better mix opportunities. Kano ball is overhead at and not really reactable as an instant air and he has a low starter.

With Sun God, the guess is pretty much b1 grab or b1 stagger. Commando has more tick options, so I feel like he can mix it up more.

Once Commando has a life lead, he has a good projectile to force people into his space and play a little lamer. To me, this means that he can switch up how he approaches match ups more than Sun God.

I think their air control is roughly the same, Kano with up ball and a surprisingly good uppercut, along with Air-to-air Ball, Kotal with grab and d1.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Commando can option select his command grab to only come out of b1 on block. Pretty sure this wasn't possible before.

You know I'm not so sure either.

I went from a stick to a hitbox and I still can't do b1 to command grabs on command. But on stick it just seems to have whiffed sometimes. It would land but i found it not too realiable mid combo. Especially when juggling b1 I had to burn the meter just to get it.

I'm sure they said this was the same case in the previous patch notes in March.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Realllllllly liking Commando on paper. I think I'll be using him to learn MKX again.. its been so long.

Anyone wanna help me git gud? =/

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

whiffing issues still in full effect :(
This happens with every command grab character, it's not really a "whiffing issue" because it is technically working the way it should. You're hitting them with the last active frame(s) of the B1 which means the opponent will be put into blockstun slightly later and that means they'll come out of blockstun slightly later so when you go for the tick they're still in blockstun and that's why the command grab is whiffing.

Captain l2ed

White wolf
How's the commando vs cryomanner mu? IKano was my third in mk9 and I mained ct at launch and picked him as a secondary 6 months ago. He's a lot of fun and looking to expand. Any tips are welcome.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
How's the commando vs cryomanner mu? IKano was my third in mk9 and I mained ct at launch and picked him as a secondary 6 months ago. He's a lot of fun and looking to expand. Any tips are welcome.
If the Cyro you face is hyper aggro, then parry high and parry often. Parry low until he respect you, if he keep sliding. Sometimes one low parry is enough to stop the sliding permanently. If..he is no scrub he will not slide every wakeup.

This is a good macthup for Commando, just about everything Cyro does can be parried.

Captain l2ed

White wolf
If the Cyro you face is hyper aggro, then parry high and parry often. Parry low until he respect you, if he keep sliding. Sometimes one low parry is enough to stop the sliding permanently. If..he is no scrub he will not slide every wakeup.

This is a good macthup for Commando, just about everything Cyro does can be parried.
Exactly what i was looking for. Thanks for the information sir.