What's new

General/Other - Commando Commando Variation Discussion Thread

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Practice the delayed throw input. Go to practice mode, tick them and see the stun animation. With enough practice you can do a special throw and catch them as soon as the stun animation ends. You can a get a few throws that way until they start countering with MB moves. ;)
It's bout all you can do. Otherwise follow up with mb tiger knees, f33 or 22 rib breaker.

The wiffing issues can be a pain in mid juggles too. I tried to stay away from b1 and followed it up with more safer jailing pressures to keep them blocking.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Anyone have any links to some good post-patch Commando play? Im taking this variation and CT to the lab and hoping to get some real games in soon.. Id love to see some good post-patch Commandos doing their thing.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
To my knowledge this is max damage for a bar in the corner off of 22 starter:

You can also change the walk back instant jump 1 for forward dash instant jump back 1 if you find it swaggier ;)
I just did this yesterday, sucks it isn't max damage.

I can't seen to get the 112 after B312 B312. sad face

Jupe

Noob
I just did this yesterday, sucks it isn't max damage.

I can't seen to get the 112 after B312 B312. sad face
The timing is difficult, you have to start the strings earlier than you would think. I've practiced the combo a lot and can get it only about 8/10 times so still need more practice.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
? We're talking 1 bar...
I have found that my version is much easier to land for 47%.

Also this is going to be max damage for S2 starter with 1 bar if you add an extra D3.

It still does 47% but to tired to do the math right now, but I am pretty sure its something like 47.8 or 47.9%.

Edit : Actual damage is 46.86%. May not be higher than old combo. Old Combo does 47.04% and keeps corner position.

Sorry guys I tried to break the combo damage.

@Jupe maybe this is more consistent

Last edited:

NHDR

Noob
Have been maining Commando since the patch, want to know if I'm on the right track here.

Long-range:
-Build meter with knives
-Whiff 22 to get in and cancel into choke for safety

Mid-range:
-AA with choke, EX up ball, and B1
-Poke with D4 and D3
-Sometimes use instant Kano Ball for shennagians

Close-Range:
-B13 for pressure
-Use rib strike after opponent blocks EX knives
-Cancel into choke for safety
-On opponent's wake-up, use any EX command throw against wake-up attacks

Error

DF2+R2
Have been maining Commando since the patch, want to know if I'm on the right track here.

Long-range:
-Build meter with knives
-Whiff 22 to get in and cancel into choke for safety 22 is 0 on block, so not always necessary to cancel into choke except to condition/build meter

Mid-range:
-AA with choke, EX up ball, and B1 d2 also works as a late AA/anti cross-up
-Poke with D4 and D3
-f4/f4xxchoke

Close-Range:
-d3,d4xxchoke/command grab/more pressure
-B13 for pressure, b1xxcommand grab
-Use rib strike after opponent blocks EX knives, thwy might not respect +frames so maybe b13 or poke
-Cancel into choke for safety, also start cancelling into rib strike/power bomb off of normals that tick throw especially if you notice opponent blocking a lot
-On opponent's wake-up, use any EX command throw against wake-up attacks, not always, leaves you open to punishment if they delay wake-up or if their wake-up is throw immune or has longer active frames on armor.
This is my take on him

Any one have tips as to how to consistently input the command grabs on B1 and run-ups, particularly the 'Power Bomb'. No matter how much I struggle, I can't consistently get the tick to come out and at times get sweeps instead of command grabs. Or am forever incapable of using this variation to its fullest potentials.

llabslb

R1D1_998

Long-range:
-Build meter with knives
-Whiff 22 to get in and cancel into choke for safety

Mid-range:
-AA with choke, EX up ball, and B1
-Poke with D4 and D3

Close-Range:
-B13 for pressure
-Use rib strike after opponent blocks EX knives
-Cancel into choke for safety
-On opponent's wake-up, use any EX command throw against wake-up attacks
Don't go intentionally whiffing 22 you'll get whiff punished. Playing lousy neutral in general is the wrong way to play with any character. Also try use his B1 at max range as a stagger. The hitbox and slight blockstun on it really come affective.

Last edited: