What's new

General/Other - Commando Commando Variation Discussion Thread

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
General discussion for Commando Kano goes here! I will try to keep this post updated with some relevant basic info.

The gameplan here is based around using his variation-unique tools. His parries are damaging and very fast (especially when meter burned) and his throws are a force to be reckoned with. We have a very nasty oki game at our disposal between parries, grabs and meaties.

We have a lot of tick throw options to use in the neutral game. Use 'em.
(Video credit to @Derocus )

Our knives are pretty good. You're not going to win fireball wars with better zoners, but you can definitely use them to slow the roll of someone trying to keep you out and check people who want to get in your face. We're mostly a close-combat variation, but don't forget they're here!

Go forth and break ribs. Our Kano is the coolest.

To do: BNBs

Last edited:

Rager Da Prince

I can't help my Fiction addiction.
He can high counter most teleport attacking moves.
The ones he can't counter are:
Quan-Chi
Goro
Non attacking teleports:
Raiden dispalcer
Shinnok imposter
Kenshi possessed

Last edited:

demosz

Noob
Let's talk about how we punish attempts to escape command throws from tick attempts.

How do we (on a read) punish...

Neutral jump?

Back dash?

Does choke catch airborne players? Can we anti air jab combos like mk9?

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Let's talk about how we punish attempts to escape command throws from tick attempts.

How do we (on a read) punish...

Neutral jump?

Back dash?

Does choke catch airborne players? Can we anti air jab combos like mk9?
It'd be crazy risky, but we could always cancel our normals into upball for jumpers and knife toss/kanoball for backdashers.
Actually, maybe the choke grab would work on jumpers too. I'd have to test it.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
It'd be crazy risky, but we could always cancel our normals into upball for jumpers and knife toss/kanoball for backdashers.
Actually, maybe the choke grab would work on jumpers too. I'd have to test it.
With f33 you kind of have to use up ball. if they get hit by the second everything else will go over them.

With moves like d3 and f33, Ex knife will catch jumpers and reversal backdashes, and its plus on block if they stay grounded. That is by far the ideal option as long as you have meter. Choke and upball catch jumpers but lose badly to backdashes. So if people are jump happy both of those will work. Kano ball works for all options as well.

It sucks that setting the dummy to block and jump creates a delay between blocking the normal and jumping afterwards, so things like d3 into ex kano ball get blocked by the dummy. But if you record the dummy yourself ex kano ball hits. Made things harder to test.

However, in some cases backdash can beat ex knives in the corner. Mileena's backdash avoids both knives in the corner, but not kano ball. She can avoid the first hit of ex knife midscreen but not the second hit. Looks like most options will be character specific since some chararcters have different backdashes.

Kano ball covers jump outs and backdashes from all characters. just hope that they don't block it.

Last edited:

demosz

Noob
Ok, so ex knife allows you to stay in there if they block and can catch backdashes.

What's the best punish on a jump? I'm not talking about a read. Let's say I throw out a d3/4/1 and don't cancel, just to see how my opponent is playing. He opts to jump [to avoid a throw] What's our best punish? Just d2?

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
What kind of combo do we get off of NJ Punch?
NJP, ji1, R/C~1, R/C~112~Power bomb 28% mid screen, delay the ji1

You can end it with anything really, kano ball for positioning, choke if you don't think it'll hit, rib cage strike(?) to stay same side with 1% less(I think)

I might be able to get more out of it but that's the max damage I got with no bar.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Okay so I've been checking the threads and haven't found this combo sorry if it's already up. Highest midscreen combo for commando Kano 1 bar : 112 ex kanoball , cancel, dash forward, neutral jump punch (this part takes very tight timing) , run cancel into 3 2 , 112 into command grab. 35% this combo should be learned by all commando Kano players for punishes it's really hard tho. Highest corner combo Meterless: back 3 2 1 , njp , 3 2, 112 command grab. 38%(on smaller characters such as millena and Cassie the njp won't hit its only 1% tho no big deal. I'm sure you can do more dmh but only by 1 or 2 % we will see In he future. Btw sorry for long thread not used to writing out combos

demosz

Noob
Okay so I've been checking the threads and haven't found this combo sorry if it's already up. Highest midscreen combo for commando Kano 1 bar : 112 ex kanoball , cancel, dash forward, neutral jump punch (this part takes very tight timing) , run cancel into 3 2 , 112 into command grab. 35% this combo should be learned by all commando Kano players for punishes it's really hard tho. Highest corner combo Meterless: back 3 2 1 , njp , 3 2, 112 command grab. 38%(on smaller characters such as millena and Cassie the njp won't hit its only 1% tho no big deal. I'm sure you can do more dmh but only by 1 or 2 % we will see In he future. Btw sorry for long thread not used to writing out combos
OMG THANK YOU I would kill for video of this!

OmGxBdON

NJP, ji1, R/C~1, R/C~112~Power bomb 28% mid screen, delay the ji1

You can end it with anything really, kano ball for positioning, choke if you don't think it'll hit, rib cage strike(?) to stay same side with 1% less(I think)

I might be able to get more out of it but that's the max damage I got with no bar.
Highest I've found so far njp, run cancel 32, 112 command grab

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
yeah about that kano ball cancel, i got no clue how to do that anyone mind giving me a tutorial?

edit: nevermind i see what it is now, but fuck avoiding stuff like this why i like grapplers -_-

Last edited:

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Highest corner combo Meterless: back 3 2 1 , njp , 3 2, 112 command grab. 38%(on smaller characters such as millena and Cassie the njp won't hit its only 1% tho no big deal. I'm sure you can do more dmh but only by 1 or 2 % we will see In he future.

You can do B321, 11, 32, 112~command grab and get 38% on the smaller characters+normal characters, the timing is hella tight though.

OmGxBdON

You can do B321, 11, 32, 112~command grab and get 38% on the smaller characters+normal characters, the timing is hella tight though.
Yeah I already know this its not really worth it it my opinion you can do b321 32 11 112 command grab if that makes it any easier