What's new

Command Grab - Bomb Trap PATCH?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
so can someone confirm just what part of the bomb trap is getting nerfed? is it the tech frames of the command throw or is it the opponents recovery frames after the command throw?

also ive found a 69% combo from the bomb trap that uses no meter and a 83% one that uses his xray! bomb trap rocks!
The tech frames of the command throw.

The bomb trap will still be there, but cyrax may also, in fact, should be getting a damage reduction

Biggest one I've done with the Xray and command grab is a combined 82%

The tech frames of the command throw are definitely being changed, and it probably wouldnt hurt to make the timer for resetting the damage scaling just be a longer duration than the recovery timer after the CG. You'd still be able to do it if it didn't get teched and pullnig it off would mean the damage wouldn't reset. Would still be a beastly combo. IMO the best patch idea.

nubi

Noob
easier way to fix the damage is to simply drop the CG damage down by 10%, maybe a slight overall damage nerf too

Hmm.. Well, I'm not sure if it would be easier to tweak the damage of all the involved attacks instead of just changing the damage scale reset timer after a command grab, or if such an adjustment for only one particular move is possible, but I'm sure somethings gona happen.

Oh well, now that I can play 15 different people just fine, I care alot less about this. :p

KTH

Noob
Tony.T
Would you mind posting the combos here??? I cannot wait. I need to learn some new technology to beat this one guy in my scenes in couple days. He recently came up with some new techniques that dominate me. We go back and forth. I need all the help I can get.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Tony.T
Would you mind posting the combos here??? I cannot wait. I need to learn some new technology to beat this one guy in my scenes in couple days. He recently came up with some new techniques that dominate me. We go back and forth. I need all the help I can get.

your welcome :)

Sporko

Noob
Good stuff. I'd previously maxed out at 81% with x-ray, always good to see stuff I haven't seen before.

Sporko

Noob
Ok so I've been doing some thinking, and I wanted to ask you guys your opinion.

I'd mentioned this before, but I'm concerned that Cyrax command throw will be consistently breakable on reaction.

Here's my logic: I'm originally a calibur player, and in calibur 4, throws are 17 frame startup with 13 frame break window, however you have to guess whether it's and A throw or a B throw ( same animation), so it's a 50/50. However, I can say with supreme confidence that, offline, if all throws in calibur were able to be broken with the same button, neither I nor any competent player would ever be thrown again.

I also have a friend who is a tekken player, and he tells me that in Tekken 4 all basic throws could be broken with 2, and that throws in that game were 13 frame startup with an 8 frame break window, and he says that throws were consistently broken on reaction.

Cyrax command throw is going to be 13 or 14 frames (I've heard more people say 14 so I'm going to assume that's correct) with a 10 frame break window, however it'll be broken with the same button each time.

Do you guys think the 6 frame difference between the two is going to be enough to make Cyrax command throw unreactable, or at the very least, not consistently reactable? Or will his command throw end up being techable on reaction every (or near every) time? Considering what my friend says about Tekken 4 (seeing as how the break window was even smaller) I am not too hopeful.

Thoughts?

The problem with the frames right now is that you can do it from the net. Anyone who knows about it will be able to tech the throw from being netted 100% of the time. You will no longer be able to just walk up to someone and start the command grab reset when you net someone, which is fine.

You'll still be able to do it in lesss predictable situations, but yea, if your opponent is competent and knows about it, it will get teched the solid majority of the time, and definitely 100% of the times after a net. The advantage post CG is being lessened too. Haven't heard any specifics, but I'm curious to see just how much.

Sporko

Noob
That may be the point of it, but I don't think net is going to have anything to do with it. 24 frames is slow enough where I fear people are going to be able to break it 90-100% of the time, whether they're expecting it to come out or not, whether they're netted or not.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Patch is out. bomb trap is gone guys.. After command grab i now just jump in with an uf+2 and go for mixups..

Zebster

How's my volume?
That may be the point of it, but I don't think net is going to have anything to do with it. 24 frames is slow enough where I fear people are going to be able to break it 90-100% of the time, whether they're expecting it to come out or not, whether they're netted or not.
It has a lot to do with it because there was a glitch that caused the tech frames of the command grab after being netted to change suddenly to 2 frames making it really difficult to tech, so they are making sure it is back to what it is supposed to be.

nubi

Noob
actually thats incorrect the command grab was always at 2-3 frames escape window with a 14 frame start up, no glitch at all

GhosT

Noob
Tony? SO bomb trap is completely gone? I know they added frames to tech it, did they also reduce stun time? seems like people get out easy even if they didnt tech. You say jump in for mix ups? Help me out here cuz im not familiar with cyrax mixups. I know of his overheads that hit a blocked ducking opponent, but it seems like someone standing on block is safe always. What kind of mixups are you using

Just yesterday I decided to learn Cyrax as my main. I am not aware of how much of an impact the command grab/bomb trap nerf will have on his gameplay. Without this, is Cyrax still a viable top tier character? For the people who've mained Cyrax since the beginning - how much of an impact does this change have on Cyrax?

GhosT

Noob
i think it has a big impact on his teir. He is good but if they gave some nerf to the stun stage of the command grab combo its gonna be impossible to ever pull that combo off. I wish cyrax had a combo that hit a high block. Like lui kang raiden and many others. Without this its gonna be harder for me to get wins with cyrax.

spin4u

Noob
So the bomb trap is completely gone. Meaning you cant cross up j+2, cg. I thought it left a person at a 50/50 set up. And please tell me what you guys are doing after the cg. I would like to know being it WAS my main.

Sporko

Noob
It has a lot to do with it because there was a glitch that caused the tech frames of the command grab after being netted to change suddenly to 2 frames making it really difficult to tech, so they are making sure it is back to what it is supposed to be.
Still seem to be missing the entire point of what I'm saying. Regardless of the INTENT of the change, my concern was that, regardless of whether you attempt to do it after you net your opponent, or if you do it with after a bllocked jump in punch, or if you do it by only doing half of a string and attempting to surprise them with command grab, that it will be able to be teched more or less every time, on reaction. I.E. just being completely unable to land command grab.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Tony? SO bomb trap is completely gone? I know they added frames to tech it, did they also reduce stun time? seems like people get out easy even if they didnt tech. You say jump in for mix ups? Help me out here cuz im not familiar with cyrax mixups. I know of his overheads that hit a blocked ducking opponent, but it seems like someone standing on block is safe always. What kind of mixups are you using
Yes its completely gone. They now have a much bigger recovery time after after the command grab.

After the command grab, it seems you have enough time to jump in with uf+1 / uf+2 before they can move. So i jump in with uf+2. If he blocks the uf+2, then ill go for another command grab or i mixup 2,1,2 or 2,1~EXragdoll. Ofcourse if the uf+2 hits, then ill go straight into combo.. 2,1,2 and 2,1~EXragdoll is a good mixup, but the only problem is that the EXragdoll uses meter.

Anyway, this is just 1 little setup im using now, im going to look at other stuff through the week :)