What's new

Comic Book fans of TYM.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
The reason I don't like it is because Joker is now Leatherface and a weird ass murderer who stitches bodies together to make paintings. That's just trying to hard to be edgy.
I don't see any of it lasting, I'm sure they will come up with some excuse as to how he gets his face graphed back on and stuff.

I think I'm just gonna drop all the dc books except wonder woman and animal man. DC just hasn't been doing it for me.

I've always like the aesthetics of nightwing and the fact that he isn't super powered but I've never really read much of his books. Anyone have a suggestion of where to start?

I just read the final issue of punisher war zone. My god, not only is the best book of marvel finished, but the metal gear references in that book are ridiculous.

Spletty

Grandmaster
What are your guys' favorite graphic novels? Just read watchmen again and now I'm reading night of the owls.

Reedoms

Noob
I want to see more Spectre in the New 52!! And Doomsday, anyone else?
Spectre is in Phantom Stranger for now and there's a weird Doomsday variant in Action Comics right now.

I want Shazam to get his own series.
Pretty sure after his last backup issue he's getting his series. Probably in June or so.

What are your guys' favorite graphic novels? Just read watchmen again and now I'm reading night of the owls.
Books of Magic is a favorite of mine. Vertigo and Magic in general really make for good GN's.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Flash Rebirth, Infinity Gauntlet, War of Kings, Batman: Hush, and Big Time Spiderman are some of my favorites.

Edit: Did not think that post through, those are more trades than anything, yeah still graphic novels kind of but it's different to me lol.

Favorite GRAPHIC NOVELS are Killing Joke, Batman: Year One, Superman: Year One, Red Son, Last Son of Krypton, Spiderman Noir, Wolverine Old Man Logan, any Frank Miller Batman, and any Frank Miller anything.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Reedoms Let's hope so because that short series has been sick. Btw is anyone else worried about GL now that Geoff Johns is leaving it? Idk who is supposed to replace him but I feel like things could take a turn for the worst for that book if they don't tread carefully.

Reedoms

Noob
Reedoms Let's hope so because that short series has been sick. Btw is anyone else worried about GL now that Geoff Johns is leaving it? Idk who is supposed to replace him but I feel like things could take a turn for the worst for that book if they don't tread carefully.
I think it outta go well. I'm tired of "ancient prophecies" and Hal beating the shit out of everything. I want to go back to space cop adventures like the 80's/90's GL was.

Spletty

Grandmaster
Flash Rebirth, Infinity Gauntlet, War of Kings, Batman: Hush, and Big Time Spiderman are some of my favorites.

Edit: Did not think that post through, those are more trades than anything, yeah still graphic novels kind of but it's different to me lol.

Favorite GRAPHIC NOVELS are Killing Joke, Batman: Year One, Superman: Year One, Red Son, Last Son of Krypton, Spiderman Noir, Wolverine Old Man Logan, any Frank Miller Batman, and any Frank Miller anything.
Old man Logan was awesome. I wanna read the killing joke next

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I think it outta go well. I'm tired of "ancient prophecies" and Hal beating the shit out of everything. I want to go back to space cop adventures like the 80's/90's GL was.
I do agree with that though for sure, I have been missing those good ole days where he just roamed the stars looking for dem space criminals lol.