What's new

Closed Beta Jade Discussion

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I didn’t want to start a thread about this, but is there any battle damage in this game? MKX did it so well, it would be a shame if it weren’t in this game!

EDIT: Asked this because I just watched some Jade gameplay and couldn’t find battle damage.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Cause she has legit no midscreen combo capability it's really had to get someone to respect things.. also I can't be bothered going through all the comments wtf is her cancel off bf3 I cannot for the life of me get it at all
I saw someone said you have to hold the 3, and hit back and r1. Not home so can't test.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
The stubby range on bf2(and the other equipment bf2) seems to mean you shouldn't try it off anything at range. So watch out for that.

I like the extra staff strings a lot, gotta train people not to mash in the gaps though.

The low(amplify for tele low) attack is crazy fun to use!
Yeah, the gap on the extra B2 string is longer than a 3 day weekend. I had a lot of people poking me out of it. I guess you'd have to train them not to block by going for specials after B2 on a regular basis. Seems risk though since many of her specials are unsafe.

That extra sweep tho, omg. Taking people off their feet midscreen.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Her only brutal seems to be D2 so far.

Has anyone found her KBs?
She has KBs on D2, her 124 string (must whiff first attack), her parry, and her amplified Pole Vault (unclear on the requirements for those two)

If anyone has found anymore, please let us all know!

kcd117

Noob
She has KBs on D2, her 124 string (must whiff first attack), her parry, and her amplified Pole Vault (unclear on the requirements for those two)

If anyone has found anymore, please let us all know!
Third regular raw shadow kick also KBs, and the requirement for the pole KB is having traveled a decent distance before hitting it.

I haven't found any other KBs besides those four.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
With the extra strings ability, you can hit confirm her B2 in to the final part of the string, B2124. Just mash out the 124 after you see it hit.

And for her Pole Vault Cancel(which requires 2 slots), you have to hold down 3 before you use B+Amp to cancel it. Seems like she could use it for pressure and in combination with purple shield she'll be able to do the UMK3 thing. Probably the most interesting thing about her IMO.

Last edited:

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
If there's a really good player streaming and playing Jade at a high level please let me know, I'm stuck at work forever and I wanna see what she can do (on my second monitor as I'm drafting).

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I love her outfits and designs. The Wood, green and copper design on her staff is amazing. They created such a beautiful fighter, I hate to lose any match to to see her disfigured.

I love the cancel you can do with her run. Mini mind games with that one, along with her added strings variation I created a non zoneable mix up Jade.

She is awesome!

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Her cancel seems bugged I can't get it out.

She can combo off her overhead in the corner.
Shell definitely be a 50/50 character in the corner
And she can combo off her staff spin which connects off her low
I was playing around with it for about 20 minutes and figured it out . You have to hold down 3 . While holding down 3 she will continue to run, when you ready to cancel press RB back.

Yeah her parry krushing blow is from hitting it late in the animation. A Jade started the match with the parry and I didn't properly wait til it ended and I got hit with the kb lmao I think it does around 23%

Wigy

There it is...
Real talk. How on Earth do folks jump over jades double overhead. Visually I can think of anything that looks much more of an antiair

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Real talk. How on Earth do folks jump over jades double overhead. Visually I can think of anything that looks much more of an antiair
Both hits have extremely few active frames for how long the staff is out there, so you get scenarios where it looks like the move doesn't work at all.