What's new

Closed Beta Jade Discussion

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Okay here's a huge grown woman dump of info for everyone. Her complete movelist is listed below.

Also from my observations in terms of strings/normals I like

Forward 4 is -4 with good range

Back 3,4,3,4 is awesome for stagger potential, frames etc. Last hit is +5, first hit -2 and middle hit is -7 so safe.

Forward 3,4,3 is her low (I hate that it resembles her above, only complaint), but is safe at all points

Back 1,2 I thought was unsafe but not so sure since the AI doesn't seem to be able to punish it on block.

1 is plus one so great for staggers.
1,2 has a low
1,2,4 is safe.
2,1 good stagger
2,1,2 good, safe string
Forward 2,1 is the overhead at minus 12.

Those are the core good/safeish strings/normals.

Love flash in this game for how long it is especially with how punishable some projectiles are.

Low spark, air diagonal glaive, and her shadow kick are nice and I think her parry really compliments her counterplay/style.

OOOO this is what the fuck I needs! Thank ya kindly for this! I couldnt find the 'Universal movelist' thread so i guess ill add this bit of tech here.

If you're keeping somebody in the corner, right, knock them down but they try to roll out. You can beat your opponent's roll by performing a throw on the same side. At first, i thought u beat a roll by waiting until they they roll to the other side to throw em right back, but nope, its more simple than i thought. I was watching a Jade player doing that to Tom Brady at least 4 times. It was amazing!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Okay here's a huge grown woman dump of info for everyone. Her complete movelist is listed below.

Also from my observations in terms of strings/normals I like

Forward 4 is -4 with good range

Back 3,4,3,4 is awesome for stagger potential, frames etc. Last hit is +5, first hit -2 and middle hit is -7 so safe.

Forward 3,4,3 is her low (I hate that it resembles her above, only complaint), but is safe at all points

Back 1,2 I thought was unsafe but not so sure since the AI doesn't seem to be able to punish it on block.

1 is plus one so great for staggers.
1,2 has a low
1,2,4 is safe.
2,1 good stagger
2,1,2 good, safe string
Forward 2,1 is the overhead at minus 12.

Those are the core good/safeish strings/normals.

Love flash in this game for how long it is especially with how punishable some projectiles are.

Low spark, air diagonal glaive, and her shadow kick are nice and I think her parry really compliments her counterplay/style.

Thanks, needed something like this. Gonna give her a go in about a half hour when I can play.

What are the best "get off me" plays up close?

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
it seems NRS wants Jade to be a zoner or counter zoner. her combo ability out side of the corner seems shaky at best.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Deadly assassin, pole vault and shadow kick.

The more I play the amplified shadow kick is a must since she's a monster in the corner.

I need to mess with PV cancels I still couldn't get it to come out.

Edenian spark really compliments her 50/50s too. Though all unsafe.

This character is eally diverse

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
The stubby range on bf2(and the other equipment bf2) seems to mean you shouldn't try it off anything at range. So watch out for that.

I like the extra staff strings a lot, gotta train people not to mash in the gaps though.

The low(amplify for tele low) attack is crazy fun to use!

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me

Not sure if anyone noticed these yet or not (apologies if so)

Two icons for Jade for her variations. Looks like two different Jade designs we may be able to unlock in the full game? Liking the hairstyles. The second look is definitely a revenant design. Hope these are in the full game!

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
its a safe on block special, and you can still run
but that's probably not worth it at this point, her range keeps her safe enough and she has plenty of safe strings
Yeah I just feel like the augmented flash kick and the amazing two-hit sweep are almost necessities, so giving one up to have the run AND the cancel is rough.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
If 124 is safe point blank, that means max ranged (1)24 is close to -1 possibly 0. Which makes 124 a great footsie tool. Her frame data is pretty meh at first but you've got to be creative with her.

Her staggers are good and mostly safe.

Pole vault has possible low crush properties and it's safe so imo it's a must have move.

Ugh can't wait to get home.

Wigy

There it is...
Cause she has legit no midscreen combo capability it's really had to get someone to respect things.. also I can't be bothered going through all the comments wtf is her cancel off bf3 I cannot for the life of me get it at all