What's new

Clashable ChainThrows Hurt Grundy

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Konqrr and any one else saying this nerf was fair and just.

No it wasn't, how can you tell if something is fair when this game has only been out for a month. And why was a middle of the pack character who was only blowing up online players who didn't understand that all you need to do is get away and lame him out.

I still think Grundy is still viable and his still a good character. But this was one of the worsts game changes in the patch.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Konqrr and any one else saying this nerf was fair and just.

No it wasn't, how can you tell if something is fair when this game has only been out for a month. And why was a middle of the pack character who was only blowing up online players who didn't understand that all you need to do is get away and lame him out.

I still think Grundy is still viable and his still a good character. But this was one of the worsts game changes in the patch.

It's only "the worst" for Grundy players. Why should Grundy get unclashable chain grab combos? That would be like if Superman's combos were unclashable while his trait is activated. It makes no sense why they weren't clashable and it's only a huge nerf because it was way too good to begin with. If it was clashable from the start, I GUARANTEE you not one Grundy player would have ever said "hey, his chain grabs should be unclashable", because you'd realize how unreasonable of a request that is. But since it was already in the game, it seems like a very big deal.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Sucks for Grundy, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, was silly for him to be able to ignore a major mechanic of the game.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
It's only "the worst" for Grundy players. Why should Grundy get unclashable chain grab combos? That would be like if Superman's combos were unclashable while his trait is activated. It makes no sense why they weren't clashable and it's only a huge nerf because it was way too good to begin with. If it was clashable from the start, I GUARANTEE you not one Grundy player would have ever said "hey, his chain grabs should be unclashable", because you'd realize how unreasonable of a request that is. But since it was already in the game, it seems like a very big deal.
I believe it shouldn't be clash able because it is a grab.

You might be right, and you might be wrong. But it is purely hypothetical so I can't say if that would ever happen or not.

Edit: Whether it was right or wrong it was done way too early.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I disagree. I made a thread the day before the patch talking about how all clashes hurt Grundy. When playing pigs sinestro or DS, I would become so frustrated because now the minute I get in and have him I the corner, I get clashed. Now I have to do low damage combos and no chain throws. If this was clashable from the begjnnjng you can bet I would have said something. I even can't get double trait boost now with this shit.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I can see how it would be frustrating getting in on someone with strong zoning, on the other end of the spectrum though for someone like Catwoman, Doomsday or Bane, if you have full meter, get hit by an armored grab and get locked into a chain grab that will finish the match it is pretty damn frustrating.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This x1000 ^^

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I can see how it would be frustrating getting in on someone with strong zoning, on the other end of the spectrum though for someone like Catwoman, Doomsday or Bane, if you have full meter, get hit by an armored grab and get locked into a chain grab that will finish the match it is pretty damn frustrating.
I agree except for Catwoman. She can evade every one of his grabs. But yeah, I kind of agree with the nerf tbh

RYX

BIG PUSHER
lol bane doesn't give a shit. Level 3 Venom traps too legit :3

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
lol bane doesn't give a shit. Level 3 Venom traps too legit :3
Same thing with Doomsday rock armor, so it's not like it's that bad, it only sucked when it kills you at the end of a match. I don't it's that bad of a nerf anyways, you can only clash once a match after all.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I honestly don't think it hurts him that bad. Especially since that you get multiple chances to grab someone anyway.

Tavaski

Get tough, or die
Do you think that the other 25 characters don't have to change their gameplan when Clash is involved? Grundy was the only character who wasn't affected by clash to close out a round. Now he has to deal with it like every other character.

Adapt.
This pretty much says it all. Thanks based Konqrr.