What's new

Clashable ChainThrows Hurt Grundy

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Eh, this nerf doesn't bother me too much; I honestly saw it coming at some point. I won't pretend that it doesn't hurt Grundy, because it absolutely does. But...I don't know, he could have gotten much worse nerfs, that's the way I see it.

If you ask me though, I would rather they make the Pain Chain clashable in a combo, but unclashable just by itself...which I'm not sure how they do it, since Pain Chain IS a combo regardless...

In BlazBlue, you can tech a command-throw if it's used in a combo; but not a command-throw by itself. The same should apply to Grundy.

They aren't command grabs...
They aren't grapplers...
Tekken plays nothing like a 2d game...

You use a command input to make them grab.
They literally grapple...
Most Tekken players would disagree, in fact most that I talk to, feel that this game in particular feels a lot like Tekken.

But you're right, they are very different. In tekken you can break the chain throws every time they happen. In injustice you can only break the chain throw once per match.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
You use a command input to make them grab.
They literally grapple...
Most Tekken players would disagree, in fact most that I talk to, feel that this game in particular feels a lot like Tekken.

But you're right, they are very different. In tekken you can break the chain throws every time they happen. In injustice you can only break the chain throw once per match.
They are not traditional 2d grapplers. Their playstlyes do not revolve around their grabs, players at a high level rarely even use them. I don't play 3d games often, so it slipped my mind to state that they aren't a part of what I'm asking for.

If anything I agree Ultimate. It shouldn't be clashable if done raw.

I'm weak, how does this game feel anything like tekken? No one I've spoken to has ever said that.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
My training partner is adjusting nicely... Use f3, f3 after EX zombie hands for a hard knockdown which is unclashable and use that as your setup now. f3, b3 into stage interaction is very nice to close a match as well as it is huge unclashable damage.

I don't think it hurt him as much as people think it does.

This will most likely be the best solution to the problem. F3's and B3's are usually what I use in combos at the end of the match with other characters, So I guess it isn't too bad. After using different un-clashable setups with Grundy at the end of the match he still has potential. However, still not sure if it is enough to win in a tournament.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Ill stand by my statement. Grundy will never have consistent tournament success. Prove me wrong

Nobody can prove you wrong.
Grundy wasn't a treat even before the patch, now is nearly bottom.
The game mechanics are totally against him and some matchups are downright impossible....he will never place well consistently in tournaments if NRS doesn't buff him.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I don't think it's that bad... sure it was nice closing out clutch moments before, but whatever, make 'em clash early and close out matches with meter heavy combos

I think you guys are overreacting.

Gruff757

The Gruff
stopped caring a long time ago, its done.

he can still win....assuming he has a decent life lead with defense trait and/or the opponent doesnt straight up shut him down from getting in considering the clash takes you out the corner and sends you faaaar away from the opponent.

Brahma

Noob
I thought having an unclashable 30% combo was a little too strong in the first place, especially when you can reset into it.

It was nice to have, but it doesn't completely kill the character not to have it. Now we actally have to manage meter for clashes is all.

Sounds pretty reasonable for players playing an already disadvantaged character to complain when they're given even more disadvantages by that nerf.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
well, its like every other character now and can only happen once so i think its fair.
How's that like any other character? Because of this hes is even more different then other characters, including characters with command grabs when it comes to unclashable setups.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
In the Tekken games all chain grabs can be broken at each step of the chain.
I'm curious, how does this mechanic work? Is there like multiple chains you can do, and the opponent has to guess which chain your doing. Like what's the command grabber suppose to do to counter people trying to break them.

How's that like any other character? Because of this hes is even more different then other characters, including characters with command grabs when it comes to unclashable setups.
i dont know any other character who has such high unclashable damage as bnb

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It was clash able at every hit even the grab. The only thing that isn't is the stuff after the grab.
You mean is, not was... unless you are referring the combo before and including the initial trait grab itself.

... which you were, so ignore my ignorance ^_^

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
You guys do realize that Grundy has a 90% dmg reset with two bars right ? Now, if they took that out, then yes i would call it a nerf, but being able to clash his trait means he is hardcore nerfed ? Simply LOL. Grundy is fine. If Grundy catches you, you are dead, even if he doesnt have two or more bars. 1 bar is enough for simply 50% of the opponents life to vanish.

I'm curious, how does this mechanic work? Is there like multiple chains you can do, and the opponent has to guess which chain your doing. Like what's the command grabber suppose to do to counter people trying to break them.
That is exactly how it works. Throw breaks in Tekken are done with 1, 2 or 1+2 and each step of the chain throw can be broken with one or the other. The most frustrating part though is that you could OS the chain grabs, basically always mashing 1 until you saw them start the intro into the rolling death cradle and then switching to 2.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
I'm wondering how to clash chain throws. Sometimes I clash them with f+R2 at the second hit but 99% of the time it doesn't work. Why is that? I was pressing F+R2 rapidly or holding it each time. Does it have to be done at a certain time and only at that time?

Gruff757

The Gruff
I'm wondering how to clash chain throws. Sometimes I clash them with f+R2 at the second hit but 99% of the time it doesn't work. Why is that? I was pressing F+R2 rapidly or holding it each time. Does it have to be done at a certain time and only at that time?
made it the day it got noifed

In the Tekken games all chain grabs can be broken at each step of the chain.
Romero special/kings bridge says Hi. Also think there was another one that didn't have a break for the last part of it.

wasn't cyrax's command throw breakable in mk9?

They aren't command grabs...
They aren't grapplers...
Tekken plays nothing like a 2d game...
lol whut? I'm a tekken legend. This game plays a more than a little bit like tekken tekken. if you haven't noticed there is a fair number of tekken players loving this game. Aris, slips another tekken legend, FAB, rip to name a few. The reason is because at its core it makes a lot of sense to tekken players.

In most cases you have multiple options each with a different break. You could apply it to grundy and have it so you can break health with 3 pain with 2 and defense with 1. Of course I'd rather have it clashable once rather than potentially broken each time you do it.

Romero special/kings bridge says Hi. Also think there was another one that didn't have a break for the last part of it.

Haha, right well, it still has two places you can break it... and like three options for the break. It's still generally breakable.

And I'm glad to see another Tekken player seeing the similarities in this game.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
lol whut? I'm a tekken legend. This game plays a more than a little bit like tekken tekken. if you haven't noticed there is a fair number of tekken players loving this game. Aris, slips another tekken legend, FAB, rip to name a few. The reason is because at its core it makes a lot of sense to tekken players.
The fact that they play Injustice isn't concrete evidence that Tekken plays like injustice. The core of a game making sense doesn't necessarily mean they're similar. For example, there are people that understand the core of games like marvel and SCV. That does mean they play in a similar manner. You can't really say a similiarity between tekken and injustice is they're reason for playing this game unless that came out of all of their mouths.

wasn't cyrax's command throw breakable in mk9?
:v Cyrax isn't a grappler, and I don't see the point in continuing this dead argument, it's not going to do any of us any good but waste our time.

The fact that they play Injustice isn't concrete evidence that Tekken plays like injustice. The core of a game making sense doesn't necessarily mean they're similar. For example, there are people that understand the core of games like marvel and SCV. That does mean they play in a similar manner. You can't really say a similiarity between tekken and injustice is they're reason for playing this game unless that came out of all of their mouths.

:v Cyrax isn't a grappler, and I don't see the point in continuing this dead argument, it's not going to do any of us any good but waste our time.

Mostly brought it up because I think you're a prick and any chance to prove you wrong i'll take.

Actually the ones I've talked to said it does play like it. I think it plays like it . Another person in this thread coming from tekken said the same thing. The jugle and string mechanices etc... It feels very much like tekken without the side step.