What's new

Clashable ChainThrows Hurt Grundy

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
Am I the only person losing more because of the chainthrows being clashable? It was nice finishing the throw and going for un-clashable setups in the corner. It was really helpful when I had low health, but now Grundy doesn't have that option anymore and has to uphill battle after the clash.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
My training partner is adjusting nicely... Use f3, f3 after EX zombie hands for a hard knockdown which is unclashable and use that as your setup now. f3, b3 into stage interaction is very nice to close a match as well as it is huge unclashable damage.

I don't think it hurt him as much as people think it does.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
My training partner is adjusting nicely... Use f3, f3 after EX zombie hands for a hard knockdown which is unclashable and use that as your setup now. f3, b3 into stage interaction is very nice to close a match as well as it is huge unclashable damage.

It hurts him hardcore

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

i think it hurts his corner game the most more than the other uses for it,
especially since clash puts both chars mid screen.

unclashable chain throws were the main reason i started using grundy :(

Mestizo3

Noob
Grundy's final throw in his chain becoming clashable is the weakest nerf in the history of nerfs. Oh no, you can no longer get the final bit of damage on one of the nine chain throws you will do in a match. Boo fckin Hoo.
It's not his final throw you can clash both the 2nd and 3rd parts of it.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
You can't clash Body Press. :3

Want to be a Venom junkie?

yea bane looks pretty cool, havnt looked into him much to be honest.really like his down poke though.
dont really see why everyones saying hes shitty but then again i dont know much about the char.

...wait a second,doomsday has a body splash aswell, where's grundy's body splash?!?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
yea bane looks pretty cool, havnt looked into him much to be honest.really like his down poke though.
dont really see why everyones saying hes shitty but then again i dont know much about the char.

...wait a second,doomsday has a body splash aswell, where's grundy's body splash?!?
He's slept on and people who don't use him don't see how well these buffs helped him.

Grundy had inescapable resets lol. I think he still does but now you can clash. :(

Oh, and he has Swamp hands

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations

Thank you Konqrr for thinking outside the box.

Giggles

Red Lantern Corps
I was confused as to why this nerf happened but it doesn't hurt my grundy none.I'l just keep coming back anyway.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Do you think that the other 25 characters don't have to change their gameplan when Clash is involved? Grundy was the only character who wasn't affected by clash to close out a round. Now he has to deal with it like every other character.

Adapt.
Ok. Dude. Chill the fuck down. Adaption has to happen I agree, but pretending like it doesn't hurt him hardcore is dumb. That was a massive nerf.

All I'm saying. Not even you can disagree with this.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Ok. Dude. Chill the fuck down. Adaption has to happen I agree, but pretending like it doesn't hurt him hardcore is dumb. That was a massive nerf.

All I'm saying. Not even you can disagree with this.
Hurt him? yes

Hurt him hardcore? no

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Even before the nerf he would have still had problems in tournaments. The nerf was the nail in the coffin for me. So much potential but this games fundamental play does not help him at all.

I hope I'm wrong

Giggles

Red Lantern Corps
It seems that the Grundy players are more hurt from this nerf than Grundy himself... you guys are so salty (there are three local Grundy players here)

EDIT: I hope they nerf him more... even if they nerf Frost along with him it will be worth it.
that vid made me laugh my ass off poor tenorman eating his parents lol.