What's new

Chris G goes 1 - 2 with broken character OP Kenshi

Well however, you look at it, Reptile is always the one taking the bigger risk.
uh not at all, kenshi throwing out scs and whiffing telefurries and etc. is a risk. Also one whiffed shoulder and that is a full jump in/ if he decides to use ex sc then reptile can just dash right back in. Also reflect is useless bcuz reptile can just cancel normal orbs with ex orbs.

Death

Noob
uh not at all, kenshi throwing out scs and whiffing telefurries and etc. is a risk. Also one whiffed shoulder and that is a full jump in/ if he decides to use ex sc then reptile can just dash right back in. Also reflect is useless bcuz reptile can just cancel normal orbs with ex orbs.
No character in the game can jump in on kenshi when he whiffs the SC. Kenshi SC recovery is too good on whiff and he can do it again or AA the jump with standing 1. BUT Reptile does have the elbow dash which is maybe 1 of 3 moves that can punish a whiff SC which is good noneoftheless.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Please be careful throwing out terms like "useless". When you start assuming things like that, you get F'd in the A.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
But you won't always have the meter for it, and on the off chance Kenshi reads the ex orb, then what?

I'd say more but I'd rather not theory fight. Good job going undefeated though.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Please be careful throwing out terms like "useless". When you start assuming things like that, you get F'd in the A.
Reflect vs Reptile isn't very useful if Reptile has a bar, though. Kenshi's best option vs a forceball will almost always be stuffing him before he gets it on screen, or EX SCing to prevent the EX forceball.

Reactions: RYX

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Reflect vs Reptile isn't very useful if Reptile has a bar, though.
Yeah I know. It isn't very useful, IF Reptile uses his bar for the FB cancel. If you do it every single time, I'll just know to remain blocking. You can't do it every time or else it loses it's utility. So it turns into a read scenario. If Kenshi never tries to reflect anything, then there's reflecting happening, which means you have no reason to FB cancel. "Useless" means there's no reason to do it. Well, there's plenty of reason to do it if I think you're going to FB and then dash.

No character in the game can jump in on kenshi when he whiffs the SC. Kenshi SC recovery is too good on whiff and he can do it again or AA the jump with standing 1. BUT Reptile does have the elbow dash which is maybe 1 of 3 moves that can punish a whiff SC which is good noneoftheless.
lmao no, if i do a dash to close distance then he does shoulder and i jump, full combo. Also if he whiffs it, dash for whiff punish.

But you won't always have the meter for it, and on the off chance Kenshi reads the ex orb, then what?

I'd say more but I'd rather not theory fight. Good job going undefeated though.
reptile builds meter very quickly, and i almost always have meter for it, unless you go meter crazy and aren't conservative with it, you'll be fine. Doesn't matter if he makes the read bcuz once it is out, he has to deal with it.

assuming what? reflect is useless unless i just throw out a normal orb or acid spit, besides that it has no factor vs reptile. I played pig some after scr, and the reflect didn't do anything to help him get a win, he got wins off things like blowing up my cross up attempts and etc.

THTB

Yeah I know. It isn't very useful, if Reptile uses his bar for the FB cancel. If you do it every single time, I'll just know to remain blocking. You can't do it every time or else it uses it's utility. So it turns into a read scenario. If Kenshi never tries to reflect anything, then there's no need to reflect it, which means you have no reason to FB cancel. "Useless" means there's no reason to do it. Well, there's plenty of reason to do it if I think you're going to FB and then dash.
Reptile has a lot of stuff he can do, though, even if you aren't reflecting. He can come in with dash, he can fast forceball at a range where EX slow ball won't reach him at all, he can just walk, etc. Even if you reflect, also, I can cancel it as you do, partially on reaction.

MITDJT that's exactly what happened in our matches a lot of the time.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
assuming what? reflect is useless unless i just throw out a normal orb or acid spit, besides that it has no factor vs reptile. I played pig some after scr, and the reflect didn't do anything to help him get a win, he got wins off things like blowing up my cross up attempts and etc.
If you're not throwing out normal acid balls for fear of reflect, then that's a win for Kenshi. And I've never said that reflecting an acid ball will "help you get the win". It's simply a matter of respect. If reptile has no reason to suspect that Kenshi might reflect an acid ball, then he doesn't need to play his FB cancel games. I'm not here saying it's in Kenshi's advantage. I'm here saying that the reflect isn't "useless".

THTB

Reptile doesn't even entirely have to suspect the reflect. Do that shit on reaction to the reflect.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
lmao no, if i do a dash to close distance then he does shoulder and i jump, full combo. Also if he whiffs it, dash for whiff punish.
What I do is keep within reptiles dash distance, that way I can shoulder for free or on reaction to fbs, there's no point playin full screen agains reptile, that means no teleflurry, which isn't even that useful in most matches anyway. The whole fb into ex fb is just a desperation gimmick, it's using meter on hope. Also you can't jus dash after the ex sc since its +7 on block and another shoulder is 8f start up, get knocked down and you're already back in shoulder range anyway.

Anybody can jump the shoulder for a combo, that's not reptile specific, but its also not easy for anybody but kung Lao to so

Kenshi isn't as one dimensional as everybody on here makes him out to be, he's got legitimate rush down footsies zoning anti wake up and a disgusting corner game. Once you combine all these things together, that's what makes him the 2nd best character.

My favourite part about fighting reptile is that I can be relentless with the f22b2 string until you decide to dash

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
lol @ people still thinking Kenshi has bad matchups.

Just gonna sit back and watch for my entertainment. :)
Can I just say that I think you are one of the chillest pros around?

I fucking love you man lol

Kenshi played with knowledge of fundamentals and his strings can certainly play any style. I said this a while back...Kenshi's rushdown is unexplored. He has too many strings that end in 0 and armour for it not to be viable. D3 + SC is threat enough in the poke game.

THTB

I really don't think Kenshi's rushdown is something spectacular outside of in the corner, because SC is why his rushdown even works. Oddly enough, I think it really is a strong point in matchups where the opponent wants to be close, because they hate SC. Against characters who Kenshi has to rush, do they really need to care about SC? Not really, unless, again, it'll get them into the corner and Kenshi can get in.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
what if cage stays out of your range and does b3? or doesnt b3 work?
First off the MU is about staying away. KL is the most mobile character in the game. You don't need to go near cage. If you stop his approach with a 21 or something or even get a JIP on him u can do B1F1 to push them away if it was on block. You can really make this MU really annoying if ur KL. Same with sonya. Cage can't do shit vs a patient sonya. She has too many tools to fuck him up if he tries to get in.

If you're not throwing out normal acid balls for fear of reflect, then that's a win for Kenshi. And I've never said that reflecting an acid ball will "help you get the win". It's simply a matter of respect. If reptile has no reason to suspect that Kenshi might reflect an acid ball, then he doesn't need to play his FB cancel games. I'm not here saying it's in Kenshi's advantage. I'm here saying that the reflect isn't "useless".
reflect still proves to be a non factor in the mu, which is what i'm saying.

What I do is keep within reptiles dash distance, that way I can shoulder for free or on reaction to fbs, there's no point playin full screen agains reptile, that means no teleflurry, which isn't even that useful in most matches anyway. The whole fb into ex fb is just a desperation gimmick, it's using meter on hope. Also you can't jus dash after the ex sc since its +7 on block and another shoulder is 8f start up, get knocked down and you're already back in shoulder range anyway.

Anybody can jump the shoulder for a combo, that's not reptile specific, but its also not easy for anybody but kung Lao to so

Kenshi isn't as one dimensional as everybody on here makes him out to be, he's got legitimate rush down footsies zoning anti wake up and a disgusting corner game. Once you combine all these things together, that's what makes him the 2nd best character.

My favourite part about fighting reptile is that I can be relentless with the f22b2 string until you decide to dash
still not convinced, kenshi isn't going to win the up close game bcuz reptile wants him close to him. That is like freddy coming in on reptile, won't get the job done. I already know he isn't one dimensional, but the moves he possesses are meant for zoning, that's what he does best and why he is top 3 in this game.