What's new

Chris G goes 1 - 2 with broken character OP Kenshi

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
To be fair, if Chris G was given a few pointers and ground the MU I'm sure he would have done a lot better in the long run. It was clear that he didn't know how to deal with certain things. 16bit got away with constantly crossing him up when Chris G had meter.

That's not to take away anything from 16bit. If there's any Kitana in the world that knows how to fight Kenshi its him.

These fools don't get it. Under_The_Mayo wasn't bashing Chris G in any way. He's bashing the people who think Kenshi is braindead. He's bashing the people who think anyone can pick up Kenshi and body anyone. The hate Kenshi receives is different from the hate of Kabal or Cyrax. NO ONE CALLS KABAL -BRAINDEAD-. You have to have extreme execution to do well with him. If Chris G said that he would pick up Kabal and money match 16bit, no one would take it seriously because you can't simply pick up Kabal and master him within 2 weeks! But people thought Chris G, being tournament proven and all, could pick up Kenshi and have success because he's braindead.

Hopefully someone see's the difference!
kabal is braindead

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I cant stand Chris G as a player, im glad he got bodied and i hope he stays out of our community. I have watched him ruin an MK finals by giving up, ruin KoF finals by giving up, he fucking rage quit SFxT mid super animation, just paused the shit and left. he is a salty manchild that ruins the game. grand finals should not be kung lao whiffing fullscreen spins. Id rather have him out of our community completely so we can actually see some quality fights, instead of Chris Free dicking around.
THIS.

I didn`t start this thread to shit on Chris G. It was about all the people who think so low of their own community to think that Chris G would make a dent in a modern MK tournament, and the people who think Kenshi is so easy to win with on a high level. But no, you guys had to go and make it about defending Chris G, despite his deplorable behavior.

The MK community has collective amnesia or something. Somehow, no one remembers all the shit this man has talked and caused for nearly two years now. Pig Of The Hut surely remembers his whining and complaining during his money match that he gave up during. And how can no one remember the grand finals against Ikizzle where Chris G just picked Kung Lao and trolled the whole time. It was disgraceful. This is the same exact guy who will end up in grand finals against an unknown in MvC3 and LAUGH at him while he`s beating him infront of a thousand people.

He obviously hates our game. He openly admits to that. Then he "picks up kenshi" and calls him braindead, and gets bodied for it like we all knew would happen, and suddenly this guy is a saint and deserves to be defended. TYM`s logo should just be Chris G naked on a fucking cross.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
THIS.

I didn`t start this thread to shit on Chris G. It was about all the people who think so low of their own community to think that Chris G would make a dent in a modern MK tournament, and the people who think Kenshi is so easy to win with on a high level. But no, you guys had to go and make it about defending Chris G, despite his deplorable behavior.

The MK community has collective amnesia or something. Somehow, no one remembers all the shit this man has talked and caused for nearly two years now. Pig Of The Hut surely remembers his wining and complaining during his money match that he gave up during. And how can no one remember the grand finals against Ikizzle where Chris G just picked Kung Lao and trolled the whole time. It was disgraceful. This is the same exact guy who will end up in grand finals against an unknown in MvC3 and LAUGH at him while he`s beating him infront of a thousand people.

He obviously hates our game. He openly admits to that. Then he "picks up kenshi" and calls him braindead, and gets bodied for it like we all knew would happen, and suddenly this guy is a saint and deserves to be defended. TYM`s logo should just be Chris G naked on a fucking cross.
LMAO you just made my night Mayo.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Anyone here think Kenshi isn't in the top 5 besides me? He loses a decent amount of MUs and if you think about it he loses to all S tier characters except sonya which IMO is very slight advantage kenshi if not a 5-5. He also loses so some higher mid tier characters.

LEGEND

YES!
Anyone here think Kenshi isn't in the top 5 besides me? He loses a decent amount of MUs and if you think about it he loses to all S tier characters except sonya which IMO is very slight advantage kenshi if not a 5-5. He also loses so some higher mid tier characters.
Have had this thought before, but he still wrecks alot of characters so taking him out of the "Top5" is going alittle far.

Plus at this point Kabal and Lao look to be only 4-6 mus for kenshi, which means he has no 3-7s so having 5-6 Bad MUs isnt a big deal

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Have had this thought before, but he still wrecks alot of characters so taking him out of the "Top5" is going alittle far.

Plus at this point Kabal and Lao look to be only 4-6 mus for kenshi, which means he has no 3-7s so having 5-6 Bad MUs isnt a big deal
Yeah he does wreck alot of characters. Do you think if we had more high level player playing characters like smoke, reptile, cyrax, kabal, and lao that Kenshi would be still just as effective? Kabal Kenshi is 7-3 Idc what anybody says. No matter how good pig does in tournament against any kabal or how well he does in MM/casuals that MU is 7-3. Kabal has a 1/20 mixup like all the time when fighting kenshi. Kenshi has to make perfect reads or the kabal player has to be off his game in order for Kenshi to get any success in that MU. I feel most of the time the kenshi player takes advantage off Kabal's screwup, not beating him to a point because he has better this or that. Kenshi doesn't get in on kabal because he can, he gets in because Kabal messed up his IAGB or made a stupid decision of trying to advantage forward. Kenshi literally has nothing to actually get in on kabal when hes zoning. He has to time a dash d1 to catch kabal. No1 can really jump in on kabal because if the kabal player is doing iagb correctly you'll rather A.) get hit by another gas blast or B.) he will have enough time to ex dash because he recovers so fast. KL Kenshi is definitely 7-3/8-2. ALL of KL's tools fuck with kenshi so bad in that MU it can't possibly be no better than 7-3. Kenshi has to be so careful anti airing his jump ins because of teleport.

LEGEND

YES!
Yeah he does wreck alot of characters. Do you think if we had more high level player playing characters like smoke, reptile, cyrax, kabal, and lao that Kenshi would be still just as effective? Kabal Kenshi is 7-3 Idc what anybody says. No matter how good pig does in tournament against any kabal or how well he does in MM/casuals that MU is 7-3. Kabal has a 1/20 mixup like all the time when fighting kenshi. Kenshi has to make perfect reads or the kabal player has to be off his game in order for Kenshi to get any success in that MU. I feel most of the time the kenshi player takes advantage off Kabal's screwup, not beating him to a point because he has better this or that. Kenshi doesn't get in on kabal because he can, he gets in because Kabal messed up his IAGB or made a stupid decision of trying to advantage forward. Kenshi literally has nothing to actually get in on kabal when hes zoning. He has to time a dash d1 to catch kabal. No1 can really jump in on kabal because if the kabal player is doing iagb correctly you'll rather A.) get hit by another gas blast or B.) he will have enough time to ex dash because he recovers so fast. KL Kenshi is definitely 7-3/8-2. ALL of KL's tools fuck with kenshi so bad in that MU it can't possibly be no better than 7-3. Kenshi has to be so careful anti airing his jump ins because of teleport.
About the Kabal and Lao MUs. All i know is i watched and played those MUs at SCR (all of which were at a very high level) and it never seemed THAT bad. Of course with more development things could change, idk

i personally think Reptile loses to kenshi, and i think i heard Pig agree with me and Michaelangelo on that one. I don't know where the talk of Kenshi losing this MU came from

About the Kabal and Lao MUs. All i know is i watched and played those MUs at SCR (all of which were at a very high level) and it never seemed THAT bad. Of course with more development things could change, idk

i personally think Reptile loses to kenshi, and i think i heard Pig agree with me and Michaelangelo on that one. I don't know where the talk of Kenshi losing this MU came from
reptile beats him, me and pig already established that. Mus are based on the highest lvl of play, and pig is one of the best kenshis and i'm one of the best reptiles. I play around a little bit with that mu in casuals, but UNDEFEATED vs kenshi in tournament with reptile (one of the wins vs kenshi was pigs).

Death

Noob
reptile beats him, me and pig already established that. Mus are based on the highest lvl of play, and pig is one of the best kenshis and i'm one of the best reptiles. I play around a little bit with that mu in casuals, but UNDEFEATED vs kenshi in tournament with reptile (one of the wins vs kenshi was pigs).
6-4 Kenshi

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
CURBOLICOUS i'll agree to 7-3 Kabal. There is no way Lao is NOT 8-2 MAYBE 7-3 but I feel like its 6-4 based on what I saw at SCR. Reptile, I'm not sure how I feel about.

Edit: fuck I'm dumb and forgot to put "NOT"

nah, not a kenshi in this whole community that i can't beat with reptile. Also i dnt care if i lose to one in casuals, undeafeated in tournament play vs kenshi with reptile, numbers dnt lie my friend.
YOU are undefeated against kenshi in tournament haha. I think it is at least even but I'll defer to your judgement and trust that it's reptiles favor. But what makes it his favor and not even?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro

Dash punishes SC
Overhead slash is damn near useless
Dash goes right through Teleflurry
Kenshi's normals aren't that fast (still very good) but against a character like Reptile it's hard to maintain offense
One thing most people forget is Reptile can bait Kenshi into a reflect by cancelling a fast ball into an ex fast ball punishing Kenshi's reflect.

It's tough but very winnable for Kenshi

That's my opinion on it being 6-4.

Dash punishes SC
Overhead slash is damn near useless
Dash goes right through Teleflurry
Kenshi's normals aren't that fast (still very good) but against a character like Reptile it's hard to maintain offense
One thing most people forget is Reptile can bait Kenshi into a reflect by cancelling a fast ball into an ex fast ball punishing Kenshi's reflect.

It's tough but very winnable for Kenshi

That's my opinion on it being 6-4.
I agree with and use all of this but I think that's what makes it even. Maybe i give kenshis armor to much credit. Using ex balls to cancel normals is my favorite trick against him and nightwolf.

YOU are undefeated against kenshi in tournament haha. I think it is at least even but I'll defer to your judgement and trust that it's reptiles favor. But what makes it his favor and not even?
yes i'm referring to myself, the issue is alot of reptiles don't even play the mu correctly, i said that same thing about liu vs shang and i proved that liu didn't lose that mu. I'll just list the things that dnt make it even
*ex slowball, forces kenshi to be patient and guess what reptile will do, he can't just reflect it bcuz reptile can just jump right over it and get a full combo/ gives reptile a free way in
*dash, dash goes right through tele furry and gives reptile a fast and safe way to approach kenshi without jumping
*shoulder punish: reptile can punish it with a dash since shoulder is -10, not super easy bcuz of pushback but possible
*ex slide: not needed alot, but can be useful at times to get through his zoning
*normal slow orb cancel: a kenshi will think they can just reflect the slow orb then you can cancel it with a ex slow orb and have a free way in
*double dash: if you notice a kenshi likes to just shoulder after you whiff a dash, just do a dash then ex dash and you'll get a punish on it, it works well and catches kenshi off guard.

I agree with and use all of this but I think that's what makes it even. Maybe i give kenshis armor to much credit. Using ex balls to cancel normals is my favorite trick against him and nightwolf.
yep it is very manageable for kenshi, but manageable doesn't mean even. Lao can manage vs cage for sure, but that doesn't stop that mu from being 6 4 though.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
6-4 Kenshi
Uh, Reptile takes out a good portion of Kenshi's game with dash alone, leaving Kenshi to SCing at awkward ranges to prevent this. In turn, it sets up forceball opportunities for Reptile, that, if Kenshi isn't sitting still for to reflect or is using meter to blow through it, is not a good thing. Speaking of reflect, Reptile can completely nullify a reflect by cancelling a forceball with EX. And because getting sent full screen isn't a big deal for Reptile, EX SC in some cases can be just a plain old waste of meter.

It's no better than even for Kenshi. Reptile likely has the advantage. Nothing excessive, but Reptile does the right things vs Kenshi...ignore a huge portion of his ranged options, and plays right outside of SC range really well.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?

I saw it on his MU thread. I'm not sure if we really have any high level reptiles besides MIT and he doesn't even main reptile. Idk if he would go reptile in that MU or what but I think its 6-4 reptile. People got to stop taking MU experience they have or they seen between two players and saying its 5-5 or 6-4 because of how well one person does. Your not accounting for what the MU truely is with the best execution at the highest level being played to its potential fully. KL fucks up kenshi and so does kabal don't give me that shit saying its not that bad. Everyone plays different too. The people you play the MU can play the MU completely different from the others who may play it right or play it better.

EDIT THTB should prolly comment on the reptile MU he is one of the few left.

I saw it on his MU thread. I'm not sure if we really have any high level reptiles besides MIT and he doesn't even main reptile. Idk if he would go reptile in that MU or what but I think its 6-4 reptile. People got to stop taking MU experience they have or they seen between two players and saying its 5-5 or 6-4 because of how well one person does. Your not accounting for what the MU truely is with the best execution at the highest level being played to its potential fully. KL fucks up kenshi and so does kabal don't give me that shit saying its not that bad. Everyone plays different too. The people you play the MU can play the MU completely different from the others who may play it right or play it better.

EDIT THTB should prolly comment on the reptile MU he is one of the few left.
i'd use reptile vs kenshi in tournament, always have and always will. Could just go lao, but i'm more comfortable with reptile since i play him more. As far as ppl mentioning mu experience, it does lead to a varying amount of opinions on a mu for sure, but sometimes it is useful.

That MU is 5-5. I don't think anybody plays it right.
not at all my friend, another character i'm undefeated vs, there's a reason why top cages tend to beat top laos all the time. I've seen you beat Pl alot, i've beaten pl/ pboard, and dizzy has beaten PL/king in the cage vs lao mu. High lvl laos vs high lvl cages, and the cage players come out on top almost all the time.