What's new

Chris G goes 1 - 2 with broken character OP Kenshi

LEGEND

YES!
I saw it on his MU thread. I'm not sure if we really have any high level reptiles besides MIT and he doesn't even main reptile. Idk if he would go reptile in that MU or what but I think its 6-4 reptile. People got to stop taking MU experience they have or they seen between two players and saying its 5-5 or 6-4 because of how well one person does. Your not accounting for what the MU truely is with the best execution at the highest level being played to its potential fully. KL fucks up kenshi and so does kabal don't give me that shit saying its not that bad. Everyone plays different too. The people you play the MU can play the MU completely different from the others who may play it right or play it better.

EDIT THTB should prolly comment on the reptile MU he is one of the few left.
i know this. Pig himself says the Lao MU could be 5-5. I'm not pulling shit out of my ass lol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
what do you think laos should do better in this mu to win?
Better footsies...?

Idk, I really don't even play Lao lol. Stop sign is a good ass normal in this matchup, methinks...or am I totally wrong?

Another thing about Reptile vs Kenshi...if Reptile ducks under TF, Reptile has so much shit he can do...pretty much anything he gets in the neutral situation is what happens with a ducked TF.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Yeah he does wreck alot of characters. Do you think if we had more high level player playing characters like smoke, reptile, cyrax, kabal, and lao that Kenshi would be still just as effective? Kabal Kenshi is 7-3 Idc what anybody says. No matter how good pig does in tournament against any kabal or how well he does in MM/casuals that MU is 7-3. Kabal has a 1/20 mixup like all the time when fighting kenshi. Kenshi has to make perfect reads or the kabal player has to be off his game in order for Kenshi to get any success in that MU. I feel most of the time the kenshi player takes advantage off Kabal's screwup, not beating him to a point because he has better this or that. Kenshi doesn't get in on kabal because he can, he gets in because Kabal messed up his IAGB or made a stupid decision of trying to advantage forward. Kenshi literally has nothing to actually get in on kabal when hes zoning. He has to time a dash d1 to catch kabal. No1 can really jump in on kabal because if the kabal player is doing iagb correctly you'll rather A.) get hit by another gas blast or B.) he will have enough time to ex dash because he recovers so fast. KL Kenshi is definitely 7-3/8-2. ALL of KL's tools fuck with kenshi so bad in that MU it can't possibly be no better than 7-3. Kenshi has to be so careful anti airing his jump ins because of teleport.
Kabal is worse for Kenshi than Lao, by alot.
KL Kenshi isnt bad if you can deal with the teleport, Kenshis rushdown works fundamentally the same, but you replace the spin at 0f with the Ex shoulder.

D3 shoulder done correctly should avoid all KLs teleport moves.

LEGEND

YES!
a Reactionary Kenshi blows up all these so call advantages Reptile has (by your accounts so far)

How did reptile go from being sooo underrated to being Overrated so quickly, wtf lol

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
a Reactionary Kenshi blows up all these so call advantages Reptile has (by your accounts so far)

How did reptile go from being sooo underrated to being Overrated so quickly, wtf lol
Personally I find it easier to just rush Reptile down as Kenshi, Kenshi has faster normals and a better guess game at the end of his blockstrings, not like Reptile can successfully zone him either, you can also get to a range where you can just back 2 back shoulder him if he tries to punish with dashes.

People really underestimate Kenshis rushdown. When it is possibly one of the worst to get caught in, especially in the corner.

i already explained haha, reactionary reptile play works just the same. You can also get in a distance where the kenshi will think he can shoulder, back up and make it whiff, then just close the distance/punish the whiffed shoulder with the dash. Overrated? nah nvr that. Reptile is top 10 and belongs where he does on a tier list. You act like it is just easy for kenshi to do anything, which is the mindset that gets kenshis wrecked. I was actually trying to play you at scr, maybe another time.

Personally I find it easier to just rush Reptile down as Kenshi, Kenshi has faster normals and a better guess game at the end of his blockstrings, not like Reptile can successfully zone him either, you can also get to a range where you can just back 2 back shoulder him if he tries to punish with dashes.

People really underestimate Kenshis rushdown. When it is possibly one of the worst to get caught in, especially in the corner.
rush me down and expect defeat haha, will not lose to any kenshi just trying to rush down. He isn't even designed to be played that way. Just like the rushdown freddy hype ppl had, doesn't work at the highest lvl.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Foxy, you played me on a pretty blah connection. I know you're likely not taking anything away from our matches at all, anyway, and probably played Glue or something. But man, that was a horrible representation of anything in that matchup. :/ But yeah, in a lot of ways, it can be a stronger way to go about playing vs Reptile, but it doesn't put the matchup anymore in his favor.

Lethal, not entirely. Dashing past TF and TKS is a guaranteed dash punish. And you cannot always just react to forceball with reflect since Reptile can always cancel it out. A lot of those situations aren't always dealt with by playing a reactionary Kenshi. There's no theory fighting...I've been playing vs Kenshi since after EVO...and it hasn't been with just anyone. Everything that's been listed is actually exactly what has happened in not only my experience, but a number of other players' experiences.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
rush me down and expect defeat haha, will not lose to any kenshi just trying to rush down. He isn't even designed to be played that way. Just like the rushdown freddy hype ppl had, doesn't work at the highest lvl.
It does, he has F22B2 which ends at neutral, you cant jump the Ex shoulder after it, so you either choose to block the armour, or attack trying to interupt the next string. By respecting the armour you give him more free strings. In the corner it doesnt matter what option he does, you're losing 30+ if he clips you with any random guess.

Midscreen if you respect the shoulder and he goes for another string attempt he could just take the 5050, both of which are safe and you can't jump the followup shoulder after B2. At the same time you can confirm if your F32 is blocked and just Ex shoulder to reset the whole situation again.

Kenshis normals are slightly quicker than Reptiles too, so you'll be forced to dash everything considering his pokes wont outspeed the shoulder.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
not at all my friend, another character i'm undefeated vs, there's a reason why top cages tend to beat top laos all the time. I've seen you beat Pl alot, i've beaten pl/ pboard, and dizzy has beaten PL/king in the cage vs lao mu. High lvl laos vs high lvl cages, and the cage players come out on top almost all the time.
PL doesn't play the MU right. You have to lame cage out like how your supposed to against sonya. I've been playing it more often and it seems super annoying for cage.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
what do you think laos should do better in this mu to win?
KL can keep away with cage. You have to play super lame with KL but nobody does that. Plus nobody uses b1f1 or just b1 as a footsie tool. Theres tons of things that keep cage out and KL doesn't have to throw lowhats. BTW i didnt say better its 5-5 theres no advantage.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
KL can keep away with cage. You have to play super lame with KL but nobody does that. Plus nobody uses b1f1 or just b1 as a footsie tool. Theres tons of things that keep cage out and KL doesn't have to throw lowhats. BTW i didnt say better its 5-5 theres no advantage.
B1F1 in footsies against Cage is a shit idea thats why, its used as anti wakeup, it forces Cage to either block or shadowkick on any knockdown. So for that yeah its pretty good, one of the better things against Cage IMO is string into JKDK, if JKDK hits point blank you can get 45% for a bar, pretty lethal shit.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
B1F1 in footsies against Cage is a shit idea thats why, its used as anti wakeup, it forces Cage to either block or shadowkick on any knockdown.
B1f1 on block has pushback and I'm pretty sure its neutral. You obviously don't just throw it out there like a tard.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I wouldnt suggest using it while he's standing is all, just force him to block it on wakeup since its easy to hitconfirm it into spin.
Its good sometimes because KL's pressure is limited vs cage so doing that makes the cage player impatient sometimes. I use it every now and then but it seems that whenever I do use it I get ex nutpunched.

B1F1 in footsies against Cage is a shit idea thats why, its used as anti wakeup, it forces Cage to either block or shadowkick on any knockdown. So for that yeah its pretty good, one of the better things against Cage IMO is string into JKDK, if JKDK hits point blank you can get 45% for a bar, pretty lethal shit.
so what do you think the lao cage mu is?

It does, he has F22B2 which ends at neutral, you cant jump the Ex shoulder after it, so you either choose to block the armour, or attack trying to interupt the next string. By respecting the armour you give him more free strings. In the corner it doesnt matter what option he does, you're losing 30+ if he clips you with any random guess.

Midscreen if you respect the shoulder and he goes for another string attempt he could just take the 5050, both of which are safe and you can't jump the followup shoulder after B2. At the same time you can confirm if your F32 is blocked and just Ex shoulder to reset the whole situation again.

Kenshis normals are slightly quicker than Reptiles too, so you'll be forced to dash everything considering his pokes wont outspeed the shoulder.
haha nvm bro, theory fighting just won't solve the issue. good points nonetheless, but i'm staying with it being 6 4.