What's new

Chris G goes 1 - 2 with broken character OP Kenshi

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The biggest thing with Kenshi's rushdown, though, is it's heavily reliant on the threat of SC to make them stop pressing buttons. If you have a character that wants to be outside of rushdown zone in the first place, then the threat of it falls flat on its face. The way I see it, Kenshi's rushdown is stronger when the character is the total opposite and wants to be in Kenshi's face, because the opponent has a huge reason to even avoid getting hit by it.

lao cage flirts with even for sure... the hitbox issue for lao kind of makes it iffy for me to call it even...but i've argued it being even before... lao can footsie really well with him let alone he has zoning advantage and the obnoxious dive kick runaway tactic. (this can be flash kicked though)

imo i dont think lao goes even with sonya though i feel that her projectiles recovery is too good to completely lame out and he cant deal with her ass in the footsie game. on reaction the best u can get is an instant 3 on her which is not really the best vs her... plus shes fucking sonya.

The biggest thing with Kenshi's rushdown, though, is it's heavily reliant on the threat of SC to make them stop pressing buttons. If you have a character that wants to be outside of rushdown zone in the first place, then the threat of it falls flat on its face. The way I see it, Kenshi's rushdown is stronger when the character is the total opposite and wants to be in Kenshi's face, because the opponent has a huge reason to even avoid getting hit by it.
very true, but his rushdown is good regardless imo because he can rushdown with shoulder and all have his strings have good range/mixup potential and good frame data.

lao cage flirts with even for sure... the hitbox issue for lao kind of makes it iffy for me to call it even...but i've argued it being even before... lao can footsie really well with him let alone he has zoning advantage and the obnoxious dive kick runaway tactic. (this can be flash kicked though)

imo i dont think lao goes even with sonya though i feel that her projectiles recovery is too good to completely lame out and he cant deal with her ass in the footsie game. on reaction the best u can get is an instant 3 on her which is not really the best vs her... plus shes fucking sonya.
6 4 cage, the real issue is when cage gets close, there's not an easy way out for lao. Cage has great punishes on teles and if cage gets a lead and lao has to come in on cage, GG.

Not up playing him just telling it like it is.
nah bruh, you're going to have to prove this point in tournament play, theoretical talk just won't cut it bcuz i mentioned tournament matches where high lvl laos met up vs high lvl cages, and evidence is facts. Cage loses to chars who have solid zoning tools/ make it hard for him to get in, lao isn't a zoning char and just good footsies won't keep cage out unless you have a d4 like sonya.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
nah bruh, you're going to have to prove this point in tournament play, theoretical talk just won't cut it bcuz i mentioned tournament matches where high lvl laos met up vs high lvl cages, and evidence is facts. Cage loses to chars who have solid zoning tools/ make it hard for him to get in, lao isn't a zoning char and just good footsies won't keep cage out unless you have a d4 like sonya.
KL doesn't "zone" cage, just keeps himself away. Its the same way he lames out sonya. Your inferring that I'm saying the KL player has to zone cage. Its not a zoning game is a keep away game. Somewhat similar to kitana cage. You would assume that Cage would kill a character without armor but kitana can keep away from cage and thats what makes it even plus he spacing tools. KL is the same way.

I've told you this before and I'll say it again, PL is a rushdown KL. He is not patient. Majority of KL players are impatient and don't know how to completely play the Cage KL MU. PL is one of those people where you get mindfucked if you can't handle the speed. Players that can handle it blow him up bad. Stop going off of tournaments for these MU's because if that was the case then sonya cage would be 6-4 7-3 because no sonya player knows how to play the cage MU right. And dude you know PL isn't a complete KL player. The liu KL MU is horrendous and he plays it like a complete tard.

KL doesn't "zone" cage, just keeps himself away. Its the same way he lames out sonya. Your inferring that I'm saying the KL player has to zone cage. Its not a zoning game is a keep away game. Somewhat similar to kitana cage. You would assume that Cage would kill a character without armor but kitana can keep away from cage and thats what makes it even plus he spacing tools. KL is the same way.

I've told you this before and I'll say it again, PL is a rushdown KL. He is not patient. Majority of KL players are impatient and don't know how to completely play the Cage KL MU. PL is one of those people where you get mindfucked if you can't handle the speed. Players that can handle it blow him up bad. Stop going off of tournaments for these MU's because if that was the case then sonya cage would be 6-4 7-3 because no sonya player knows how to play the cage MU right. And dude you know PL isn't a complete KL player. The liu KL MU is horrendous and he plays it like a complete tard.
liu kl only 6 4 lmao, come on bro. Cage i believe actually beats kitty or it is just even. Uh smh, dude you can't just theory fight and expect that to change things bcuz i pulled up the facts, and numbers don't lie. Kitana at least has good zoning, what zoning does kl have? and his best hits are high, not a good thing when playing cage. 6-4, that is the accepted number from most of the cages to start with. You're not going to convince ppl with just theories, got to put them into play.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
liu kl only 6 4 lmao, come on bro. Cage i believe actually beats kitty or it is just even. Uh smh, dude you can't just theory fight and expect that to change things bcuz i pulled up the facts, and numbers don't lie. Kitana at least has good zoning, what zoning does kl have? and his best hits are high, not a good thing when playing cage. 6-4, that is the accepted number from most of the cages to start with. You're not going to convince ppl with just theories, got to put them into play.
I'll play you next time we get the chance maybe at WB. I'm not a KL main but I will definitely go back and forth with you and try to show you why the MU is 5-5. Liu and KL could be worse its a pain in the ass if you get a KL that knows the MU and abuses Lius hit box. But I brought up cage and kitana because kitana keeps away from cage. Everytime kitana teleports you can get an ex shadow kick or dash up and F3 pressure. KL can dive kick and then you have to chase him which gets annoying. Your stuck chasing him the whole match if he plays it right. I'm pretty sure you can't punish dive kick as he crosses you over, you might be able to get a shadow kick off if hes not blocking but its hard to keep KL in one spot if you don't already have him in pressure.

I'll play you next time we get the chance maybe at WB. I'm not a KL main but I will definitely go back and forth with you and try to show you why the MU is 5-5. Liu and KL could be worse its a pain in the ass if you get a KL that knows the MU and abuses Lius hit box. But I brought up cage and kitana because kitana keeps away from cage. Everytime kitana teleports you can get an ex shadow kick or dash up and F3 pressure. KL can dive kick and then you have to chase him which gets annoying. Your stuck chasing him the whole match if he plays it right. I'm pretty sure you can't punish dive kick as he crosses you over, you might be able to get a shadow kick off if hes not blocking but its hard to keep KL in one spot if you don't already have him in pressure.
makes sense, but can't cage also just back up and block the divekick when he makes a read on it/ knock it out the air? i'm sure he can do both these things to blow up divekicks. It does provide a legit escape, but when cage is right next to him, he's going to have to work to get away. Lao does abuse lius hitbox, but since 2 is a high hit, he can't abuse it like cage can abuse f3 on liu or sonya can abuse her d4 on him. It is a very competitive match, but the slight advantage to lao for sure.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
makes sense, but can't cage also just back up and block the divekick when he makes a read on it/ knock it out the air? i'm sure he can do both these things to blow up divekicks. It does provide a legit escape, but when cage is right next to him, he's going to have to work to get away. Lao does abuse lius hitbox, but since 2 is a high hit, he can't abuse it like cage can abuse f3 on liu or sonya can abuse her d4 on him. It is a very competitive match, but the slight advantage to lao for sure.
Yeah you can time the dive kick but it has to be a read. I've never hit someone trying to escape with dive kick tbh with you. And people I play don't do that either. I can't really think of any KL that is playing the MU right besides Foreverking but hes still struggling. Once you get the patience to play that MU right then it becomes basically a game of whoever gets the lifelead first. Also another thing is KL's 1121 and 21/24 mixups. Alot of people pressure with 21 or 24 which is good but they are forgetting about the mixups hes got with 1121. Basically a 1/4 guess. KL's 21 string isn't slow enough to react to after a 1121 mixup either. Also when KL gets one of those on hit he can poke to stop your poke, if your respecting his poke he can do a 21 or a 1121, or to be absolutely safe, immediate jump kick dive kick to ensure you of escaping or stoping a jump out. If they poke or armor depending on the character, lets just say cages nutpunch, you can do a f3 roll for a +3 or +4 and sorta do the same thing or mixup it up with a 1121 or 21 mixup. Also if you looking for pokes after you get a 1121 on hit, if they poke with d3 you can armor they follow up once you see it and get pressure depending on what they do or get super armor from the whiffed grab and jump kick dive kick out.

Yeah you can time the dive kick but it has to be a read. I've never hit someone trying to escape with dive kick tbh with you. And people I play don't do that either. I can't really think of any KL that is playing the MU right besides Foreverking but hes still struggling. Once you get the patience to play that MU right then it becomes basically a game of whoever gets the lifelead first. Also another thing is KL's 1121 and 21/24 mixups. Alot of people pressure with 21 or 24 which is good but they are forgetting about the mixups hes got with 1121. Basically a 1/4 guess. KL's 21 string isn't slow enough to react to after a 1121 mixup either. Also when KL gets one of those on hit he can poke to stop your poke, if your respecting his poke he can do a 21 or a 1121, or to be absolutely safe, immediate jump kick dive kick to ensure you of escaping or stoping a jump out. If they poke or armor depending on the character, lets just say cages nutpunch, you can do a f3 roll for a +3 or +4 and sorta do the same thing or mixup it up with a 1121 or 21 mixup. Also if you looking for pokes after you get a 1121 on hit, if they poke with d3 you can armor they follow up once you see it and get pressure depending on what they do or get super armor from the whiffed grab and jump kick dive kick out.
yeah those are some good points, but it just is very tough to get cage's ass of you. I feel if lao's standing 2 was made 9 frames but hit like cage's f3, mannnnnnnnnnnnn, he'd be number 1 haha. We'll run it tho, heck we should make a thread about it.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Sorry for disturbing the match-up talk but I was a bit pissed-off with the original post.

OK, 16bit did win, but I'm still rooting for Chris G. I'm one of the people that thought that Chris G could win versus 16bit. But is that a crime in this community!? Why!?
Everyone of us complains and bitches about MK on a regular base, no matter how much we love it, so does he (So does Digi). And judging by all his UMK3 footage he was mastering MK games way before most of you guys (me too btw) ever realized that such gameplay was possible besides gory fatalities and fancy moves.
The problem seems to be that he is a "Capcom" player and whenever they shit on our game or get salty, the MK community gets all defensive. It even gets to the point that supporting one of 'those' players is a bad thing... Is it because they have a bigger fanbase or something!??

Why is it some people say that we HAVE to support dedicated MK9 players!?

This is a fighting game community, damnit. Things get a little rougher sometimes... I seriously doubt some arcade stories from some community members, because it's all softcore here. Sometimes this scene just looks like a bunch of ass-licking & crown wearing hippies.

@Under_The_Mayo

Rabbit

thugs bunny
judging by all his UMK3 footage he was mastering MK games way before most of you guys (me too btw) ever realized that such gameplay was possible besides gory fatalities and fancy moves.
lol. That's a very bold assumption. All this footage you are talking about was from a couple years ago.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Can I just say that I think you are one of the chillest pros around?

I fucking love you man lol

Kenshi played with knowledge of fundamentals and his strings can certainly play any style. I said this a while back...Kenshi's rushdown is unexplored. He has too many strings that end in 0 and armour for it not to be viable. D3 + SC is threat enough in the poke game.

There`s no way you could say that its unexplored. Maybe not perfectly used in all cases. But we, and I especially, have turned him inside out offensively. And you can`t play kenshi against characters like freddy kabal and smoke without understanding kenshi`s rushdown.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Sorry for disturbing the match-up talk but I was a bit pissed-off with the original post.

OK, 16bit did win, but I'm still rooting for Chris G. I'm one of the people that thought that Chris G could win versus 16bit. But is that a crime in this community!? Why!?
Everyone of us complains and bitches about MK on a regular base, no matter how much we love it, so does he (So does Digi). And judging by all his UMK3 footage he was mastering MK games way before most of you guys (me too btw) ever realized that such gameplay was possible besides gory fatalities and fancy moves.
The problem seems to be that he is a "Capcom" player and whenever they shit on our game or get salty, the MK community gets all defensive. It even gets to the point that supporting one of 'those' players is a bad thing... Is it because they have a bigger fanbase or something!??

Why is it some people say that we HAVE to support dedicated MK9 players!?

This is a fighting game community, damnit. Things get a little rougher sometimes... I seriously doubt some arcade stories from some community members, because it's all softcore here. Sometimes this scene just looks like a bunch of ass-licking & crown wearing hippies.

@Under_The_Mayo
I refer you to post 79.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
THIS.

I didn`t start this thread to shit on Chris G. It was about all the people who think so low of their own community to think that Chris G would make a dent in a modern MK tournament, and the people who think Kenshi is so easy to win with on a high level. But no, you guys had to go and make it about defending Chris G, despite his deplorable behavior.

The MK community has collective amnesia or something. Somehow, no one remembers all the shit this man has talked and caused for nearly two years now. Pig Of The Hut surely remembers his whining and complaining during his money match that he gave up during. And how can no one remember the grand finals against Ikizzle where Chris G just picked Kung Lao and trolled the whole time. It was disgraceful. This is the same exact guy who will end up in grand finals against an unknown in MvC3 and LAUGH at him while he`s beating him infront of a thousand people.

He obviously hates our game. He openly admits to that. Then he "picks up kenshi" and calls him braindead, and gets bodied for it like we all knew would happen, and suddenly this guy is a saint and deserves to be defended. TYM`s logo should just be Chris G naked on a fucking cross.
Paragraph 1 = I'm not shitting on him...
Paragraph 2 - 3 = Nasty diarrhea...

Aargh, don't care bro... Hope he wins next time. :cool: