What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

Chints

Noob
damn near impossible to hit consistently though.
Take this midscreen low starter for example: B13, B24xxDB1, ender...
Ender A (2112) 296.85 DMG
Ender B (uppercut) 295.96 DMG
Not even 1% difference with 3 extra (VERY cool looking I might add...) hits
I've been using JI2 - B24 xx Ex Kneecappin' - JI2 - 2112 for about 31%
Consistent on male characters. Not so much on female characters.

I jut roll with the uppercut in MOST cases (minus situations where I can J2 into B24) unless Im showing off

honestly ive been using to bait folks,exit the corner in a bad jam OR close distance FAST/get into zoners faces..NO REGERTS
THIS. It was a complete fluke but after the swaggiest comeback in a match online 2 nights ago, I've been using it more and more to just armor out of a tough spot and land in front of peoples faces. Bonus points if it actually connects.

Hey so I'm new to Mortal Kombat and was just wondering what does it mean if a move is standing, does that just mean its like a neutral move or something. Sorry if it is super obvious I just couldn't figure it out.

been doing b24 and then f41 ( overhead ) into low gun shoots amp
it does catch quite some ppl off guard because they are expecting the kick or a low shoot afterwards

also, does anyone know the inputs for cassie's wake up nut punch?
does cassie have any get off me moves or is it just blocking and trying to counter poke?

been doing b24 and then f41 ( overhead ) into low gun shoots amp
it does catch quite some ppl off guard because they are expecting the kick or a low shoot afterwards

also, does anyone know the inputs for cassie's wake up nut punch?
does cassie have any get off me moves or is it just blocking and trying to counter poke?
Flip kick is U2 and Nut Punch is U3 on wake up or after flawless block. No get off me moves as far as I know. Unfortunately when shes being pressured, besides the universal reversals she seems very honest. Blocking and reads are all she has. But I think of her like SFV Chun. Shes made to be played at mid range. If an opponent gets in and has the advantage, her Nut punch and flip kick reversals put the opponent back to a good range to reset neutral. Besides that, you have to just respect that the opponent got in and punish your way out.

Flip kick is U2 and Nut Punch is U3 on wake up or after flawless block. No get off me moves as far as I know. Unfortunately when shes being pressured, besides the universal reversals she seems very honest. Blocking and reads are all she has. But I think of her like SFV Chun. Shes made to be played at mid range. If an opponent gets in and has the advantage, her Nut punch and flip kick reversals put the opponent back to a good range to reset neutral. Besides that, you have to just respect that the opponent got in and punish your way out.

thanks for the heads-up

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think this is where I should post this. I wanted to take a look at Cassies normal/strings and just talk about them.

As far as I'm concerned, she really doesn't have too many useless normals. Just a couple for which I couldn't see any use but largely speaking I think I'd just all of these in games for something or the other.

Both these strings are the go to punish strings if you're in close range. At 7 frame startups they're incredibly fast. 1,1 is safer than 1,1,1 but so far I've found 1,1,1 difficult to punish.

I find this to be useful mostly cause it can be hit confirmed into a special or into 1,2,4 which is a nice string to get some pushback on block.

B1,3
This is risky but can be rewarding. It's a low starter and launcher which can be converted into a combo by utilizing b3 to continue a combo. However, it's slightly longer range than the previous strings but more than twice as slow on startup at 18f and unsafe on block. It also can't be converted into anything else to make it more safe.

2, 1
Her 10 frame starter that has multiple routes depending on the situation and as such gives a little more versatility than the "1" starters.

Is a pretty good combo ender that puts some distance between you and your opponent.

2,1,d2
In the case of a blocking opponent 2,1 can be converted into 2,1,d2 for an overhead ender. Can trick out ducking opponents who are expecting the two gunshots at the end.

b2,4
11f starter with great range and probably my favorite string of hers. Hits mid to start, can be cancelled and is also safe on block.

b2,4,3.
Can be used to create pushback if b2,4 gets blocked. However, huuuge gap between the 4 and 3. HUGE. If it lands though, some pretty great corner carry.
I don't really see myself using this string too much.

f2
Pretty good range, 10 frame start. Cancel into f2, 1+3 for some pushback. It's safe on block.

f3, 4
Low starter with a 14f startup so it's a little safer than b1,3. But there's a tiny little gap in between the string that it is possible to poke out of.

b3
Her shadow kick in normal form. Really useful to quickly cover some distance. At 10 frames it's hella fast for what it is, but super unsafe as it can be ducked under. I primarily use it to follow up after b1,3 midscreen.

f4,1
Fast starter at 9 frames, decent range. 2nd hit is an overhead to apply some guessing games to the mix.

I haven't figured out what I'd use f4,2 or 3,4 for. I tried to anti air with 3,4 but it didn't really work.
Added thanks a lot!

I found b13 * s4 * 34 * nut kick amp, does 30%
Apologies for the multi-reply. But I also found some corner pressure tech. Normally f4 is 0 on block. But you can meaty it up to plus 3. Only allowing the opponent 6 frames to punish. Tho the timing for +3 is super tight I’d say with my practice I’ve only been able to get +2 consistently and sprinkle some +3 in there. So you will beat out or trade most jabs. This inherently allows for mix ups. Repeatedly done, this can be used greatly for mind games. You can continue with an over head or switch to a down 4 just to trip them up for more advantage. Her corner game is actually quite qood. Her damage isn’t too bad, 1 bar 30% is well and I’m sure there is better.
added!

So, how do you guys use her super?
Is there a way to confirm into it from stray hits/juggles in the gun variation? I found nothing.
Haven't messed around with it, I use F2+ FB and that usually opens them up.

46% midscreen D2 crushing blow combo
I think there might still be room for optimization
Def does! B13, 4xxDB1(mb), J2, B24xxnuts 325.39DMG not bad for 1 bar
346.58DMG WITH j2 starter
362.25 WITH mb ball buster
Added, thank you!

The B3 in the corner is not working for me, I can't combo off of it. You're on the PC version right?
Have you tried the one I listed? 34 3 xx EX-Gun 111 xx nutkick? Ex-gun isn't low-gun but the straight shot. Someone might be able to optimise a little.

As good as Cassie is, her variations feel unfinished to be honest. I have no idea what flip-out is supposed to be used for -- I get that Digital Soldier is the gun-kata variation, but they could have given us another move that plays into what the variation is trying to achieve a little more. Something like the Cyborg Grapple would have been much more in sync with the variation's philosophy.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
Have you tried the one I listed? 34 3 xx EX-Gun 111 xx nutkick? Ex-gun isn't low-gun but the straight shot. Someone might be able to optimise a little.

As good as Cassie is, her variations feel unfinished to be honest. I have no idea what flip-out is supposed to be used for -- I get that Digital Soldier is the gun-kata variation, but they could have given us another move that plays into what the variation is trying to achieve a little more. Something like the Cyborg Grapple would have been much more in sync with the variation's philosophy.
I think Flippin Out might be the worst move NRS has ever created. Also a lot of characters seem to have custom variations that are picked from a hat though

I agree that Digital Soldier should have either Cyborg’s grapple or that flying glow kick move. I also think her other variation should allow the bubble burst to combo meterlessly again while maybe the amp version is safer. IMO there is no reason to use her other variation.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

Oh okay, I'll try that! Yeah, I wish we'd have like shoulder charge or bitching bubble that would be sweet. Flipping out is useless AF.

Also, found this weird brutality for Cassie it looks bugged?

In this combo 1,1,1 * DB1 amp * jump 2 * 2,1,1,2 30% (1 bar), I have the first part down but when I do jump 2 it pushes them to far away to connect the 2,1,1,2 how do I fix that?

Samsara

Resident Cynic
In this combo 1,1,1 * DB1 amp * jump 2 * 2,1,1,2 30% (1 bar), I have the first part down but when I do jump 2 it pushes them to far away to connect the 2,1,1,2 how do I fix that?
Cassie's combos are incredibly awkward in this game. I like tight, weighty, execution heavy characters but her combos are actually quite floaty and freeform compared to how she was in MKX. You can juggle with nearly any button but one misstep messes up the entire thing.

Keep in mind that you can buffer a string out of the jump 2 to help it connect easier. Makes a world of difference. I buffer in my 2112 string as soon as the jump connects. I find that hitting your jump attack lower in your arc makes it easier to follow up.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
It works on male characters flawlessly, but on female characters, the timing has to be exact. Cancel low gunshot after 1,1 and use J3, that works on all characters. Or just do the full string but finish with b2,4 nut punch.

Last edited:

sars

Noob
It works on male characters flawlessly, but on female characters, the timing has to be exact. Cancel low gunshot after 1,1 and use J3, that works on all characters. Or just do the full string but finish with b2,4 nut punch.
I would say unless it’s gonna close out the round nutpunch is always the way to go. Takes away the wake up game and puts you at plus 4. Might as well keep free pressure.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I would say unless it’s gonna close out the round nutpunch is always the way to go. Takes away the wake up game and puts you at plus 4. Might as well keep free pressure.
Exactly, restand and go for B1,3, or the F4 starter again. Or a good old grab.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I also don't think flipping out is a horrible move (it's not good, granted) since you can choose how far you want the move to go (close, mid, far). I like to do it as a surprise at the end of strings sometimes and I tell you what, it catches a lot of people trying to poke or jump after the string.