What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
I also don't think flipping out is a horrible move (it's not good, granted) since you can choose how far you want the move to go (close, mid, far). I like to do it as a surprise at the end of strings sometimes and I tell you what, it catches a lot of people trying to poke or jump after the string.
I disagree. I’ve tried so hard to find a use for it, but I don’t think it has one. If they are poking after strings, Up Glow Kick is safer and more reliable to catch jumping. So many times both the shots miss when I use Flippin Out, and its start up is so slow that it can usually be beat out by a poke or reversal on block. The 2% you may get, doesn’t seem worth the risk.

I disagree. I’ve tried so hard to find a use for it, but I don’t think it has one. If they are poking after strings, Up Glow Kick is safer and more reliable to catch jumping. So many times both the shots miss when I use Flippin Out, and its start up is so slow that it can usually be beat out by a poke or reversal on block. The 2% you may get, doesn’t seem worth the risk.
You can use it to catch a teleport from some characters, but it's equal to galaxy brain strategies.

Also, one more thing. Remember furious d1 in MKX?
I don't know if it was exactly the case in MKX but we can buffer backdash now, and it will be treated as a reversal. So blocking one d+1 into buffered backdash, allows for a clean whiffpunish should they chose to do another d+1. Also, blocking standing and backdashing as a reversal, creates a bigger gap than blocking crouching.
My buddy plays Kollector, and I started to punish him extremely hard for trying to lock me down with d+1.

Smooth

Noob
That bugged brutality was just the grab brutality but they rage quit I think and it bugged the game looks like. Also anyone feel like Jade is a rough match up for Cassie, not sure if I’m just bad vs her rn or if the matchup is rough.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
That bugged brutality was just the grab brutality but they rage quit I think and it bugged the game looks like. Also anyone feel like Jade is a rough match up for Cassie, not sure if I’m just bad vs her rn or if the matchup is rough.
Yeah, the matchup is rough. I feel like you have to be really patient and just punish her hard.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I think the optimal route for YAAS QUEEN combos is

[STARTER]xxDB4(EX), B13, B3, B24xxBD3/Tackle/Glow Kick

Works off of any cancelable string. Really consistent once you get the link timing down (I'm still practicing), prefer this stuff to digital soldier juggles.

Last edited:

Chints

Noob
Man, all these contributions look so good.
Moving apartments atm, no idea when I'll actually get to play some more but the hype is real!

sars

Noob
Are y’all able to hit db1 ex, jump 2,1,b43 on female characters. It seems like they fly further so it doesn’t connect

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I think the optimal route for YAAS QUEEN combos is

[STARTER]xxDB4(EX), B13, B3, B24xxBD3/Tackle/Glow Kick

Works off of any cancelable string. Really consistent once you get the link timing down (I'm still practicing), prefer this stuff to digital soldier juggles.

Awesome I added it! Some of these things do have tight links, like the B3 to B2,4 has got me swearing lmao

Hitconfirm d+4 into f+2. It Jails. If they try ANYTHING other than block, they get hit by f+2.
Added thanks :D

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Pretty sure the Yaas Queen combo with B13 is a one frame link. I'm too old and can't do it, but that's what my clan mates that play Cassie tell me (they can do it lol).

So I typically just do F42 ex drone and then go for pressure or throw.
You're talking to someone who played SF4, lol. Lot of tight links in that game. Dont get me wrong though, Digital Soldier stuff makes me feel like a complete potato.

I think the hit advantage on ex drone is a little low, but I'm glad NRS still has high execution stuff in their game. I love Sonya and her dash cancels too. All of the cages are a ton of fun.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
You're talking to someone who played SF4, lol. Lot of tight links in that game. Dont get me wrong though, Digital Soldier stuff makes me feel like a complete potato.

I think the hit advantage on ex drone is a little low, but I'm glad NRS still has high execution stuff in their game. I love Sonya and her dash cancels too. All of the cages are a ton of fun.
Yeah, some of Cassie's combos have me swearing, like for some reason I had no trouble in the first few days going into B2,4 and now I'm dropping the stupid 4. I may have to switch controllers.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

I was just throwing it out there to warn ppl, that while it's a great combo... it's gonna be really hard to hit for certain ppl.

I agree on ex drone.