What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
So, yesterday I was able to do this combo on female characters:

and I played against Jacqui and Scarlet and it's not working now? Or maybe I messed it up but it's weird. Alternatively, instead of doing the J2 you can just do a S1 and end it as usual or do a S4 * B3+ nut kick which also works but the timing is a bit strict on the nut kick or it'll whiff entirely.

so which of these is the best option after F4,1(f4 is blocked, but the 1 overhead hits):
MB db1 j2 2112(258.00) pushes opponent away
MB db1 b24 nutcracker(243.6) restands
MB db1 b243(247.93) pushes opponent away
also note that damage changes if mb db1 is done while guns are charged up

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
so which of these is the best option after F4,1(f4 is blocked, but the 1 overhead hits):
MB db1 j2 2112(258.00) pushes opponent away
MB db1 b24 nutcracker(243.6) restands
MB db1 b243(247.93) pushes opponent away
also note that damage changes if mb db1 is done while guns are charged up
I think the first two will be solid to use, you can mix your opponent. Throw them away and frustrate them with low gunshot or restand for a grab.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Definitely Digital Soldier, you have more tools to deal with zoning and can also frustrate players yourself. And she has good pressure midscreen and in the corner.
thanks! so then D'S and frosts second Tourney variation with the Triple-shark fin head are my fav's so far

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Alright been fucking around too much with other characters, time to learn how to use her properly. lol

1. Can we get the damage percentages on the combos in the OP? So I know which ones I need to practice with my horrible execution skills. lmao

2. The combo I've been using is...

F41 exdb1 b3 F41 nut ... does like 25.6%

3. I'm at a loss of what to do with her midscreen besides zone, her b2 seems to get out-prioritized a lot by other moves. Any tips?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Alright been fucking around too much with other characters, time to learn how to use her properly. lol

1. Can we get the damage percentages on the combos in the OP? So I know which ones I need to practice with my horrible execution skills. lmao

3. I'm at a loss of what to do with her midscreen besides zone, her b2 seems to get out-prioritized a lot by other moves. Any tips?
Yep I'll do that tomorrow, took Friday off. I wrote what people found, so I could check them all out and find the optimal versions.

Optimal midscreen so far is this:

ji2 * 1,1,1 * db1 amp * jump 2 * S1* b2,4 + bd3 amp

That's the one I use the most and it does 34%.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie

After f41, I think her normal bnb (low shot amp, j2, b24/ball buster) does 26%.

I use b3 or f2 if they approaching with full screen or long reaching strings unless I’m very confident in b2. Overall I just stagger and throw a lot to open them with b2 to get combos. Her instant air guns are good if they jump a lot and you can amp low shot on reaction to them jumping it. 21d2 is useful to stagger against mashers.

Sometimes walking and doing nothing is enough to get them impatient.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yep I'll do that tomorrow, took Friday off. I wrote what people found, so I could check them all out and find the optimal versions.

indeed, however you shouldn't ever be going for a jip in this game. Imo anyway, AA-ing is super easy in mk11.

And 111 is a high. So I feel like B2 and F4 are the way to go. Mids > getting punched in the face for doing a high.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
indeed, however you shouldn't ever be going for a jip in this game. Imo anyway, AA-ing is super easy in mk11.

And 111 is a high. So I feel like B2 and F4 are the way to go. Mids > getting punched in the face for doing a high.
I mainly use 111 for punishing, even when you’re Not getting poked out of it this string sucks ass on Block. Though if you somehow manage to land a jip this is the best one to get good damage

sars

Noob

Thanks for compiling all our work. I do agree with just putting the optimal combos in the main post. Don’t want someone comming a year from now and seeing 85 combos

sars

Noob

1 is our only 7 frame move. Going to be punishing with 111 mostly.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

A lot of people fall for JIs still, especially if you cross-them up. But you're right most of the cast's D2s are pretty good, except Cassies XD But still, I think the most useful online will be the F3,4 into the low gunshot amp and if it KBs you get big damage.

A lot of people fall for JIs still, especially if you cross-them up. But you're right most of the cast's D2s are pretty good, except Cassies XD But still, I think the most useful online will be the F3,4 into the low gunshot amp and if it KBs you get big damage.
S4 is a good AA that can be converted though.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Midscreen:

B13KB,4xMB low shot,4xMB low shot, 4xbd3 =44%
Same combo with d2KB=46%
You can also do in the corner:

B13KB,4,34xmbdb1,4xmbbd3 for 45%
And the same combo with d2KB for 46,7%

It side Switches though
Added, very nice! I'm gonna focus on finding optimal versions of these later I think your 45% is probably the one to use.

S4 is a good AA that can be converted though.
That's true!

skater11

The saltiest
If you're outside sweep range to full screen you can stay back and the opponent shouldn't be able to forward jump because of b3. I like to do b3 into bf1amplified. All the shots should connect. Does decent damage. What I'm trying to figure out is how to use her mid screen. I usually find myself doing random db1s and db1 amplified hoping I get a hit. And it works against randoms but against a good player. It's not gonna happen. Also. What are you guys doing to anti air?

Check out Gross' new videos on twitter. Still nothing that doesn't involve a kb launch (or substitute with B13) in the corner but the damage is more optimised.

I was gonna say remember that certain juggles are sex dependent lul.

I've been trying to use her FB more in situations of need but it's 32 frames makes it a bit situational.
-That being said, B1,3*B3xFB is a juggle on male characters only.
-B3 in general is a good far hitting move to go into FB if you're willing to risk it.
-F4,1 is an OH with enough stun to link to her FB and best of all, creates a double overhead
-Mid-range jump into FB is a great delayed attack for someone who has been shown to know when to AA.
-Lastly, if you can condition the opponent to block a jump-in after a certain string (like always jumping after bd1 amp) a blocked ji4xFB is a great mixup but misses if the ji4 hits

If you're outside sweep range to full screen you can stay back and the opponent shouldn't be able to forward jump because of b3. I like to do b3 into bf1amplified. All the shots should connect. Does decent damage. What I'm trying to figure out is how to use her mid screen. I usually find myself doing random db1s and db1 amplified hoping I get a hit. And it works against randoms but against a good player. It's not gonna happen. Also. What are you guys doing to anti air?
Someone said S4 converts into a combo but I havent practiced it

As for mid screen and playing her in general, just use your usual strings and switch them up for mixups when needed. B2,4 and F4,1 are good punishes. F4 is a good footsie tool in general that if it hits is 17 frames of advantage and neutral if they block it. When you have advantage you can walk in and do 2,1,D+2 for an OH with a different string or go for a throw. F2,1+3 starts with a high but does a good knockback move that pushes back even on block. I usually throw this out at the same range that B3 would hit

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Do her f4,2 into low gunshot, the 2 is an overhead a d people don’t block it often since they’re always blocking low. If they always block standing use b1,3

sars

Noob
I realized on male characters if you do 11, db1 ex, jump forward 2, 1 b23, nutpunch. The 1 switches sides. Does less damage but if it’s gonna give you the corner I think it’s worth it

If your back is right against the corner you need to do 11,db1 ex, jump forward 2, 4, nutpunch