What's new

Cheetah grievances

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's not a bug, it just requires proper timing. If you input 112~db2, but do db2 before the 2 comes out, it will think you're doing 11~db2. All you have to do is delay the db2 a tiny bit. You still have an enormous window to input the db2, so it just takes a little bit of practice and proper timing.

It's not a bug, it just requires proper timing. If you input 112~db2, but do db2 before the 2 comes out, it will think you're doing 11~db2. All you have to do is delay the db2 a tiny bit. You still have an enormous window to input the db2, so it just takes a little bit of practice and proper timing.
True that and making sure you hold forward when doing your 112 input so that it connects fully after the j3

No, that should only happen with negative edge on at best. It shouldn't retroactively decide you tried to do a special mid string, there's no reason why this should be happening and it only happens in strings.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
That's weird. I know about the input bug but I have neve ever had 11~primal rage happen to me. SOMETIMES i do 112 and the command grab doesn't come out but that happens very rarely

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Even @ienjoywinning's "Black Adam Buffs" JOKE thread made more sense than this one.

Batman is a problem for Cheetah, every Cheetah knows that by now.
Atro if played with Napalm UpBreathe and ForwardBreathe to zone Cheetah out until he gets trait is tough imo too.

--
Black Adam is tough only because his damage is insanity, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as the top two I mentioned.
--
And Superman? I actually don't think that's a bad matchup at all.
Try going into your pounce stance whenever you think he will F23 in footsie range, if he whiffs against you then you could immediately short range instant J1 to full combo punish him. You could do this even after he F23Breathes you. It will low profile from any range.

Trust me, this makes the matchup SUPER annoying for him and forces him to use other strings and buttons while you still have all your options. It's not free, but it's definitely not horrible.
Maybe it's just me and I don't know her very well, but not having a wakeup against all of her mixups gives me quite an hard time to be honest.

Last edited:

kcd117

Noob
Even @ienjoywinning's "Black Adam Buffs" JOKE thread made more sense than this one.

Maybe it's just me and I don't know her very well, but not having a wakeup against all of her mixups gives me quite an hard time to be honest.
Her oki is her biggest strenght, not having a wakeup means you have to respect f3 every knockdown, and that leaves you open for her mixups. If you can't make cheetah respect you on knockdown, that means the best case scenario for you is blocking f3, now cheetah is +10 and you are on the mix anyway. f3 also catches backdashes.

That's weird. I know about the input bug but I have neve ever had 11~primal rage happen to me. SOMETIMES i do 112 and the command grab doesn't come out but that happens very rarely
I get it alloot if i dont first go to the lab and warmup my hands and brain to slow down. Once i practice for a little about 10 times on each side I can go online and have no problem landing it.

Trust me everyone having issues with these inputs need to go to the lab and DRILL it till you can't stand yourself for doing the same shit over and over lol.

My routine is (no messups or start again from 1):

112 xdbf1 - 10x on the ground
Ji3 112xdbf1 - 10x Airborn opponent
F3 Ji3 112xdbf1 - 10x full combo

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Her oki is her biggest strenght, not having a wakeup means you have to respect f3 every knockdown, and that leaves you open for her mixups. If you can't make cheetah respect you on knockdown, that means the best case scenario for you is blocking f3, now cheetah is +10 and you are on the mix anyway. f3 also catches backdashes.
Then calling it a bad match up for her is pretty silly to be honest.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Just chiming in on the execution thing with the command grab..

I have shit execution and I've spent about ,15-20m with Cheetah ever, and I can land it pretty consistently, be it in nuetral or as a combo ender/extension.

It's really not bad.

The bit that was fucking me over with the execution is the bug with special inputs. I would do 112bdf1 and get 11db2 instead. Once I figured out that was happening and I needed to delay the directional inputs it became easier to perform.

What I also saw was random double inputs which also prevented the special from coming out at the end. I can't replicate that so it may just be me mashing or my controller, but being concise with buttons helps

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Even @ienjoywinning's "Black Adam Buffs" JOKE thread made more sense than this one. Maybe it's just me and I don't know her very well, but not having a wakeup against all of her mixups gives me quite an hard time to be honest.
For Adam, yeah, I think she handles him really well. They both put out some insane damage, but he doesn't have a great answer to her Blood Lunge, other than a well-timed d2 or an even better-timed divekick. So essentially, she's going to get in and she's going to mix. I'm not sure he has a great answer to her d3, especially since it will low-profile his f1. On oki, his options are basically non-existent; he has to eat a mb.f3 and then deal with the subsequent mixup.

In response to the Aquaman comment above:

Aquaman is a lot tougher for her. Yes, if she gets a knockdown then she can get some momentum, but getting that knockdown can be borderline impossible against a good Aquaman, and she can't rely on mb.f3 due to TR wakeups. She can't jump or Blood Lunge thanks to his d2, she can't throw out d3 due to d1~TR punishes, his trait totally ruins her offense since her strings don't launch, his f1 (or f2? the double-hitting low) eats her mb.f3, and other than d3 and f3 she just doesn't have the range to contest him.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
For the aqua matchup... short lunges in a regular lunge situation will bait a d2, mb b3, etc... and then you can whiff punish. If his main string was something -2 through 0 instead of +2... I think the matchup would be close to 5-5. +2 is braindead imo.

Edit: Also he shouldn't be able to trait up while in hitstun. It should have to be preemptive and used to cover his ass after a punishable situation. Trident rush he should have to commit mb/non mb earlier like supes mb breath. It won't happen though.

For Black Adam... 10%-15% damage reduction or increased damage scaling on trait combos would be fair... imo

Last edited: