What's new

Characters Screwed by 9/30 Patch

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
I wanted to make a thread called WTF man! But this seems more diplomatic.

1) Raiden - An unplayable variation. They nerfed jo push despite it already being a shit move. You can hardly follow up with anything. There is no no way to make yourself safe short of setting a staff trap but you will take damage.

2) Kollector- This community has been pretty vocal about it.

Please add more.

Some people like Tom Brady love this patch because frankly sub zero walked away like a bandit this time. So did Kabal. But they largely screwed over a huge chunk of the cast.

Mustard and Biohazzard moaned about Kano for 5 months. Let's get vocal guys.

I don't want to get into any arguments here about how we should be nice to NRS or (Crimson Shadow, no need to pull the usual shtick), but what they did from a balancing standpoint this time is so confusing, I really have lost faith. How does Paulo look at Raiden's third variation or purposefully give Kollector wiffing issues and think, yeah this works? What in the actual fuck NRS?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I wouldn't say anyone got screwed. Its not like anyone lost anything. Raiden needed buffs, didn't get them, but its not like they nerfed him. Kollectors highly touted variation got nerfed to shit, but Kollector is still solid otherwise.

Big oversights/boneheaded decisions maybe, but screwed is a strong word.

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
I wouldn't say anyone got screwed. Its not like anyone lost anything. Raiden needed buffs, didn't get them, but its not like they nerfed him. Kollectors highly touted variation got nerfed to shit, but Kollector is still solid otherwise.

Big oversights/boneheaded decisions maybe, but screwed is a strong word.
Solid is a rather strong word for Kollector too :(

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
the game balance wise is probably the best out of any nrs game so far. and not everyone is going to be addressed every patch. last patch frost and d'vorah got a lot of nice help, this patch it looks like kotal, kitana, and kano are in a much better spot. not to mention no character has really gotten over nerfed to the point were they weren't viable anymore. honesty I'm super encouraged for the balance of this game looking forward if the patches are as good as the past 2 have been

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This patch was a double-edge.

The balance and changes that WERE made were all needed and on point. Kano, Kotal, Kitana + the Edenian Razors, KB's being toned down, etc...from THAT perspective, this was a mostly-win.

But most of these new variations feel like further proof that there were never supposed to be mandatory variations, including knee-jerk changes like giving Kollector an entire new build around a special move you've now nerfed in half.

Idk. Say what you will about MKX, but a whole lot of nuance and depth went on in between all those variations. Purposeful effort and seperation of styles.
This feels more and more like Year One of Destiny 2 with every passing sea change: what's good can't negate what doesn't make sense, and all I want is to be able to run a damn Fusion Rifle in my secondary slot.

the game balance wise is probably the best out of any nrs game so far. and not everyone is going to be addressed every patch. last patch frost and d'vorah got a lot of nice help, this patch it looks like kotal, kitana, and kano are in a much better spot. not to mention no character has really gotten over nerfed to the point were they weren't viable anymore. honesty I'm super encouraged for the balance of this game looking forward if the patches are as good as the past 2 have been
I always see people saying this game is balanced. Is that because there are no 8-2s and not many 7-3s? I don't think the matchups are more even due to intricate balancing. I think there are more 5-5s than ever before because of how bad each character is. No character really has any tools to create imbalanced match ups. I'd think it would be a colossal failure if this game actually had bad matchups with how bare boned every character is.

At least they are giving the bottom characters some help. Kinda sucks not seeing the three Kahns ever used in tournament.

Custom variations are more or less needed in order to get all custom moves on equal ground . If they said this exact moment that custom variations are gone and u can create w/e u want , it wouldnt change a single thing , u would have like 1-2 variations per character that are strong and a bunch of useless moves .What then ? What will u ask then for ? This way at least they can see the bad individual moves and buff them to the point they have a use . I know that raiden got bent over with his last variation, shang got cool but weak one (ninjas do need buffs , if ur most dmging ender is d2 then there is smtng wrong) and kollector got nerfed but they will get some love next patch or one after that . All of this buffs and nerfs need time and testing , u cant just throw them out there and then try to hotfix broken things .

I wanted to make a thread called WTF man! But this seems more diplomatic.

1) Raiden - An unplayable variation. They nerfed jo push despite it already being a shit move. You can hardly follow up with anything. There is no no way to make yourself safe short of setting a staff trap but you will take damage.

2) Kollector- This community has been pretty vocal about it.

Please add more.

Some people like Tom Brady love this patch because frankly sub zero walked away like a bandit this time. So did Kabal. But they largely screwed over a huge chunk of the cast.

Mustard and Biohazzard moaned about Kano for 5 months. Let's get vocal guys.

I don't want to get into any arguments here about how we should be nice to NRS or (Crimson Shadow, no need to pull the usual shtick), but what they did from a balancing standpoint this time is so confusing, I really have lost faith. How does Paulo look at Raiden's third variation or purposefully give Kollector wiffing issues and think, yeah this works? What in the actual fuck NRS?
Let’s be honest. This whole game is dogshit. Low pokes don’t jail shit. This games rewards ducking. It is ugly to play. All these combos that start high aren’t even being used. I know everyone is on meth or adderall, but come on. Who in the fuck has the reaction time of a robot? Don’t say the pros, tell me you haven’t thought this for a second yourself. Everyone needs an overhead, to open people up. If you are going to animate moves that look like an ovehead but they hit mid, then you are living a lie and charging through the teeth for it. Don’t even get me started on the drip feed DLC either.

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
I'm going to flip the fuck out if I have to wait 2 months for them to fix Raiden. Get your ass up and fix this character, Paulo.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Let’s be honest. This whole game is dogshit. Low pokes don’t jail shit. This games rewards ducking. It is ugly to play. All these combos that start high aren’t even being used. I know everyone is on meth or adderall, but come on. Who in the fuck has the reaction time of a robot? Don’t say the pros, tell me you haven’t thought this for a second yourself. Everyone needs an overhead, to open people up. If you are going to animate moves that look like an ovehead but they hit mid, then you are living a lie and charging through the teeth for it. Don’t even get me started on the drip feed DLC either.
GIT GUT SCRUB

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Cassie got shit and spat on, this third 'zoning' variation seems like one of the worst ones in the game.

ENERGY BOUNCE HAS NO AIR HITBOX

If they would have given her bullet ricochet at least, it would have been a bit better. But they went and nerfed the fuck out of that drone kick so RIP.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
This forum is going full gamefaqs by the day. Mods need to take action.
Tag us, I didn't see that comment until you mentioned it. I deleted it now, but for the love of God we can't read every single post. Tag us or DM us.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Pffttt hahahahaha