What's new

Question Changes for MK9 PC. Can we agree on a tournament mod?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
When we first found out about them they seemed to be the end all be all of everything, but in the later life of MK people were starting to overcome them more easily, although it didn't matter because of flash parries into f4 and run back away. They could use either a recovery/damage nerf, but I don't think his nomad cancels should go just for IAGB.
IAGB are why he rapes nearly everyone for free. They're not overrated, although I do agree they should have both a recovery and damage nerf and his NDC shouldn't be touched.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Making his dash uncancellable would ruin so many things for this character, as other's suggested making en nomad dash uncancellable removes the flash parry, but his regular cancels should stay with less block advantage. He also needs his dash cancels to actually do damage and pressure. IAGB are overrated.
What it would ruin ? He would still be a good zoner. How come he couldn't cancel his dash in other games and he was fine, now he gets an ability to cancel it (for no reason) and you people cry me a river that he needs this shit ?

Vagrant

Noob
Let Shang morph into two more characters like boss Shang. You need to pick two morphs, one if it is a tag match on the select screen. Give him a move that turns him for 5 sec into one character you chose before the match( or the partner of your opponent in a tag match) Ex version turns him into the second character you chose for 8 sec and has armor on start up, just like ladder boss Shang. Soul steal properties remain the same.

Yeah cause you know.... You can totally just mod something like that into the game...........

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Wait. So I leave IAGB untouched but you cry that my nerfs (which doesn't even touch IAGB) somehow "nutter" Kabal ? You're contradicting yourself.
Yes because I've already told you that your nerfs don't fix the problem, they just skew his gameplan into throwing more fireballs then usual. They don't make a balanced character, but if the nerfs that mostly everyone else is suggesting take on board then he is balanced. He wouldn't even be no.1 anymore.

Error

DF2+R2
What it would ruin ? He would still be a good zoner. How come he couldn't cancel his dash in other games and he was fine, now he gets an ability to cancel it (for no reason) and you people cry me a river that he needs this shit ?
In other games from what I understand, nomad dash was waay faster. Overall, you seem to be going in the wrong direction with a lot of characters as far as nerfing/buffing goes.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Yes because I've already told you that your nerfs don't fix the problem, they just skew his gameplan into throwing more fireballs then usual. They don't make a balanced character, but if the nerfs that mostly everyone else is suggesting take on board then he is balanced. He wouldn't even be no.1 anymore.
At least with those changes when you catch him it does feel rewarded. But whatever, I'm not gonna argue with someone who thinks IAGB is the real problem when facing Kabal.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Like I said...it's a start...
I guess, if it were up to me I'd make it 0 anyway, I'm just saying even Kabal has holes.

I've already said that his ground game isn't the problem, it's the IAGB and if you understood the game you would know that. He is the best character for numerous things, but the no.1 reason is because of IAGB.

This move is stupid and eliminates footsies against kabal and is the reason he rapes nearly all the case. If he lost IAGB THEN it becomes a fair fight against him as he already does fuck all damage anyway.
I'm not entirely sure if I agree with this, won't people just start saying the same about Liu Kang who arguably already has a better IAFB/better footsies to check with in between? If someone's prerogative is to chuck air fireballs that do nothing to me and jail themselves instead of playing mixups, pressure, enough meter build to provoke me into a risk (and I don't just say this as a Scorpion player, I've put up with this in UMK3 where IAGBs actually shut down the game's universal means of mobility), then by all means, do it.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how I'd fix him either, I just feel removing things entirely is a cop-out.

In other games from what I understand, nomad dash was waay faster. Overall, you seem to be going in the wrong direction with a lot of characters as far as nerfing/buffing goes.
Well yeah, it was only because of the cancel that it was compensated.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Tell me about it. Suggests a whole bunch of unnecessary buffs for Ermac, tells me I'm balancing Kabal wrong.

Error

DF2+R2
Tell me about it. Suggests a whole bunch of unnecessary buffs for Ermac, tells me I'm balancing Kabal wrong.
Reading comprehension 101

I clearly stated and even quoted the part where I said I am not suggesting all of these buffs. Here let me do it again.

These were some of my suggestions, be aware that I'm not suggesting all of these changes, these are just impovements that I could think of off the top of my head.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
At least with those changes when you catch him it does feel rewarded. But whatever, I'm not gonna argue with someone who thinks IAGB is the real problem when facing Kabal.
Who cares whether it 'feels rewarding'? The reason he destroys half of the cast is because they don't have ANY answer to IAGB spam, kabal doesn't have to play the spacing or footises game in nearly all of his MU's because of this move, and they when they do get in they have to deal with his pressure, but if the IAGB weren't a problem then it's fine because he does have to play better than the opponent to beat them instead of just spamming fireballs because over 3/4 of the cast can't do shit about it.

Just because you don't think it is the problem doesn't mean it is, it just means you don't understand the game properly.

Really, what would you rather see in a match, 2 players trying to best eachother in a game of intense though and footsies, or a game where one character chases the other across the screen very slow until they get to the corner to even have a chance at starting something?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I'm not entirely sure if I agree with this, won't people just start saying the same about Liu Kang who arguably already has a better IAFB/better footsies to check with in between? If someone's prerogative is to chuck air fireballs that do nothing to me and jail themselves instead of playing mixups, pressure, enough meter build to provoke me into a risk (and I don't just say this as a Scorpion player, I've put up with this in UMK3 where IAGBs actually shut down the game's universal means of mobility), then by all means, do it.
On the other hand, I'm not sure how I'd fix him either, I just feel removing things entirely is a cop-out.
Yeah but the problem is his alround screen presence. If you don't have the lifelead and kabal is just spamming fireballs at you then good luck. It doesn't make for entertaining gameplay and is hardly fair.

And yes he'd be just like Lui Kang in a way which is fine because Lui Kang is hardly over powered and I always enjoy watching Lui Kang play because most of the time he has to work for it, unlike Kabal.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Who cares whether it 'feels rewarding'? The reason he destroys half of the cast is because they don't have ANY answer to IAGB spam, kabal doesn't have to play the spacing or footises game in nearly all of his MU's because of this move, and they when they do get in they have to deal with his pressure, but if the IAGB weren't a problem then it's fine because he does have to play better than the opponent to beat them instead of just spamming fireballs because over 3/4 of the cast can't do shit about it.

Just because you don't think it is the problem doesn't mean it is, it just means you don't understand the game properly.

Really, what would you rather see in a match, 2 players trying to best eachother in a game of intense though and footsies, or a game where one character chases the other across the screen very slow until they get to the corner to even have a chance at starting something?
Dude, you can't IAGB all day, game has corners you know ? Or are you going to do that even the corner ? Yeah, eat a NW shoulder, Ermac's push, Kano ball and dozens of other things for doing that. At least now he would have to think how to get himself out of corner instead of doing flash parry or "i'm in the corner, welp, let's start NDC pressure then".

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't see the issue with limiting her armor to the first hit of EX slash, at the moment it extends to the 2nd one. Pretty much every character's armor lasts until the move is active, Skarlet's armor surpasses that.
This is exactly what her armor does in this tech, "it last only until the first hit of ex Up Slash or ex downslash", such as her slide or down slash. or upslash. The move won't stay armored until the last active frame of these moves, this speculation is false, her armor can only be extended lastly to 45 frames, which its achieved with downslash at the very last frame of Krimson Dash, the full move with the extension has 47 frames. This means, in the last 3 frames of a downslash she doesn't have armor anymore, such as the last 3 frames of up slash, slide etc etc. They get hit by it because their breaker has issues, "it only hits once" it should be like everybody else that hits twice" btw, why would i want to interrupt that when i can simply block it and punish? and Kabal Nomad Charge only has armor in startup, Sub-Zero also, pretty much everyone else, besides Rain, Kenshi, and Skarlet.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Dude, you can't IAGB all day, game has corners you know ? Or are you going to do that even the corner ? Yeah, eat a NW shoulder, Ermac's push, Kano ball and dozens of other things for doing that. At least now he would have to think how to get himself out of corner instead of doing flash parry or "i'm in the corner, welp, let's start NDC pressure then".
Yeah but without the IAGB being a problem then nearly entire cast's gameplan changes from 'wait till the corner to have a chance' to 'play a competitive footsies game and the better player wins'.

Are you really saying you want to see matchs of Kabal just mindlessly chucking fireballs until they get to the corner?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yeah but the problem is his alround screen presence. If you don't have the lifelead and kabal is just spamming fireballs at you then good luck. It doesn't make for entertaining gameplay and is hardly fair.

And yes he'd be just like Lui Kang in a way which is fine because Lui Kang is hardly over powered and I always enjoy watching Lui Kang play because most of the time he has to work for it, unlike Kabal.
I was actually saying I think Liu Kang already has a better IAFB game than Kabal :p. If you meant everything else you have to respect as a result of the IAGB, then yeah that's a different story. But I don't think it's game breaking or footsie defying on it's own, in MK9.

Give Sub Zero his reset back?

Just a thought.
No, resets are resets. I think EX clone should absorb armor and the startup on puddle should be cut to the actual shot though. (not to change the animation but just around that amount of startup, for both versions.)

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Yeah but without the IAGB being a problem then nearly entire cast's gameplan changes from 'wait till the corner to have a chance' to 'play a competitive footsies game and the better player wins'.

Are you really saying you want to see matchs of Kabal just mindlessly chucking fireballs until they get to the corner?
That's actually how the Kabal matches go. You don't realise that if you take away IAGB, you will nerf him more than those changes I propose. Also, footsies when there is flash parry and ndc ? Don't make me laugh.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I was actually saying I think Liu Kang already has a better IAFB game than Kabal :p. If you meant everything else you have to respect as a result of the IAGB, then yeah that's a different story. But I don't think it's game breaking or footsie defying on it's own, in MK9.
No way does Kang have better IAFB simply because they recover slower. And kabal has a better footsie game because he as moves with similar range to kang but is at advantage on block, unlike kang.

Vagrant

Noob
That's actually how the Kabal matches go. You don't realise that if you take away IAGB, you will nerf him more than those changes I propose. Also, footsies when there is flash parry and ndc ? Don't make me laugh.

NDC isn't as overwhelming as long as you know your frame data and are able to "see" his pressure.

IAGBs are what give him ALOT of his lopsided matchups.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Yeah, so fuck letting kabal matches go that way anymore. What aren't you getting about this? We're attempting to make the character BALANCED, not leave him a lob-sided spam fest. If he lost the IAGB then the Kabal player has to think all match, if he keeps them he doesn't until he gets to the corner. Then even more kabals would just pick rooftop day and fuck there goes your patient waiting game.

And if you'd take your head out of your ass you would see I've already said flash parry should go, and for about the millionth time NDC ISN'T THE PROBLEM.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
The Dash cancel pressure is tolerable...it's the EX Dash where matchups start to get fucked up.

Not only that, he has a standing reset that allows you to keep on the pressure and a lot of characters have a very hard time shaking off.

The IAGB is stupid too. No one can argue with that at this point and is one of many reasons why people quit travelling to tourneys because of dumb shit like this.