What's new

Move List - Ermac changes Ermac needs with kp2

We all know kp2 will bring additional fixes and patches. So let us not linger now, and do some brainstorming on what should be done to fix this bottom 5 pit.
so discuss and speculate. REALISTICALLY. these are all speculation, starting point and subject to change.
general:
give mystic and spectral soul ball lvl1 (high)
fix b12 not hitting mid
fix 222 not hitting mid (especially on females)
fix b2 not canceling into hover on block (in non spectral)
make b124 cancelable
make b32 cancelable
make b2 3+4 1 2 come out even on block
make b2 either true unblockable or make it +5 (?) (from +2) on block
make soul burst -10 on block (from -14) with small pushback
make up soul burst -5 on block (from -9) with small pushback
make soul blast 0 on block (from -5) with big pushback
make b34 -6 on block (from -10)
make f43 -7 on block (from -11) with small pushback
make f2d2 -3 on block (from -14)
make force port -7 on block (from -17) with small pushback (spending a bar should either wield 1) be safe 2) faster startup)
make d3 -3 on block (from -6) to compensate recovery (see below)
decrease startup on b2 to 25 (from 32)
decrease startup on lift to 12 (from 13)
increase recovery on d3 to 14 (from 12)
increase hitbox on air soul burst

Master of Souls
fix unable to chain combos after soul trap
make soul ball lvl3 (mid) -15 (from -23)
make soul ball lvl1 (high) -5
make soul trap -10 (from -23)
increase scaling on soul trap
decrease startup on Disappear to 15 (from 17)
decrease startup on Vanish to 15 (from 17)
decrease recovery on Disappear to 18 (from 22)
decrease recovery on Vanish to 13 (from 22)

Mystic
make tele-choke -15 (from -24)
make levitate -5 (from -24)
make tele-hang -40 (from -51)
make tele-hold -25 (from -51)

Last edited:
It's abysmal how unsafe Ermac is.
exactly. im not even suggesting he become safe, notice i suggest almost minuses everywhere.
i merely suggesting making him goddamn prince instead of unsafe God.
You forgot add like 7 recovery frames to that D3 so it's possible for people input a reversal if they want.
that d3 you speak of is purely an online phenomenon.
d3 is -6 on block.
you want to make it -10 and full combo punishable?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
that d3 you speak of is purely an online phenomenon.
d3 is -6 on block.
you want to make it -10 and full combo punishable?
What? No, I'm not even talking about the advantage anybody gets of off it. Add recovery frames but keep the advantage -6. You can't counterpoke on the first frame a lot of the time, I play offline. You don't get to take advantage of all 6 frames you for blocking correctly.

What? No, I'm not even talking about the advantage anybody gets of off it. Add recovery frames but keep the advantage -6. You can't counterpoke on the first frame a lot of the time, I play offline. You don't get to take advantage of all 6 frames you for blocking correctly.
come to think of it you might be right, it needs more recovery, but to compensate that (little) it can become -3 instead of -6.

Scott The Scot

Why remove the gap from F21D2?
Because obviously he wants a neutral launching string he can just throw out without consequences. The gap needs to be there for order. This is isn't MK9 lol. The mind game is F21d2 or F212 but being +14 on a HKD isn't enough lol.

Look at at all of the changes. He wants to be able throw out ANY string and just not be punished for staggering or finishing it. Like 222, it's -9 currently. He wants it safe so that he and just throw it out and it's an easy hit confirm to a full combo. And 22 to be safe so he can be safe when staggering it.

If Ermac is to become THIS SAFE and a pressure character rather than a mixup/vortex character then his damage has to be f***ing absolutely slaughtered. He would be disgusting. I agree

Ermac would be way too good with these changes. I'm crying reading them.

A lot of these changes aren't calculated or though out at all, literally the dude went through the moves list and was like "nah it's unsafe. Remove it or it's unviable".

Because obviously he wants a neutral launching string he can just throw out without consequences. The gap needs to be there for order. This is isn't MK9 lol. The mind game is F21d2 or F212 but being +14 on a HKD isn't enough lol.

Look at at all of the changes. He wants to be able throw out ANY string and just not be punished for staggering or finishing it. Like 222, it's -9 currently. He wants it safe so that he and just throw it out and it's an easy hit confirm to a full combo. And 22 to be safe so he can be safe when staggering it.

If Ermac is to become THIS SAFE and a pressure character rather than a mixup/vortex character then his damage has to be f***ing absolutely slaughtered. He would be disgusting. I agree

Ermac would be way too good with these changes. I'm crying reading them.

A lot of these changes aren't calculated or though out at all, literally the dude went through the moves list and was like "nah it's unsafe. Remove it or it's unviable".
jesus h. christ your goddamn 212 is a launcher and what, +2?
wow, cassie player lecturing ermac for not being -51.
what a shocker.
i merely suggested making everything a little bit safe. but yeah, you probably wouldn't understand. you're already playing on a ferrarri with 1 gap and everything either zero or plus. why i even bother. let unsafe god be bottom 5. who cares.

also i already wrote about f21d2 so gonna repost.
why did they remove gap from takedas all strings?

but if you want me to elaborate ok
f21d2 has gap and unsafe fine.
so user can use f212 which is knockdown but gains very little to do so.
i would prefer to use f2d2 but it is -14 and i have no idea why it even exists in this game.
so i suggest either remove gap, or make f2d2 usable.

Scott The Scot

wow, cassie player lecturing ermac for not being -51.
what a shocker.
i merely suggested making everything a little bit safe. but yeah, you probably wouldn't understand. you're already playing on a ferrarri with 1 gap and everything either zero or plus. why i even bother. let unsafe god be bottom 5. who cares.

also i already wrote about f21d2 so gonna repost.
Edit: Since you edited too. Cassies 212 is a not a launcher, it's 0 on block, starts with a high and hsa short range. Pfft +2 get outta here lol, she has no plus on block launchers.
Pfft you're taking dig at me because I main Cassie? Stop being such an asshole dude, that has nothing to do with it. I have an Ermac too. So when you're being a condescending clown, it takes away any credibility you have as an Ermac player. You make a discussion thread and then insult someone trying to discuss, I don't understand your logic at all. So ridiculous, people like you give TYM and the MKX community a bad name and you should feel bad about it.

I'm not even going to argue with you. Good luck with your thread.

Last edited:

Nausea

Soul Ascended
elaborate?
general:
fix b12 not hitting mid - Ok cool thats a bug that should be fixed. Mids should hit mid.
fix 222 not hitting mid (especially on females) - Again
fix b2 not canceling into hover - It does does it not? :/
make b124 cancelable - BigD mentioned this. I can't see its relevance.
make b321 cancelable - Im sensing a theme here...
make b2 3+4 1 2 come out even on block - useless move but i'm guessing this has to be +?
make b2 either true unblockable or make it +10 (?) (from +2) on block - I like the idea of a fully cahrged b2 being unblockable. Thats a change i wanna see
make b2 3+4 +3 on block - There it is!
make b2 3+4 1 2 +2 on block - And again! On fire bro!
make soul burst -5 on block (from -14) - if anything -8 or -9. The way this is heading hes gonna end up in a tier of his own.
make soul blast +5 on block (from -5) - I agree this should be + but 5?
make 11 +3 on block (from +2) - MOAR PLUS
make b34 -3 on block (from -10) - I dreamed a dream of time gone byyyy.....
make f43 -6 on block (from -11) - Honestly, this is just insanity...
make f2d2 -3 on block (from -14) ffs

I'm gonna stop there before I cry a little bit. Ermac is meaty af. There are a few tweaks he does require but this is insanity bro. He would make Quan Chi look like a fucking kitten.

Last edited: