What's new

General/Other "Champion of the Amazons!" Wonder Woman General Discussion

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Am I just stupid, or do certain moves like Lasso 23 and Sword f+1 not let WW attack until a little after she's recovered? I see her walk as I press the buttons to juggle but get nothing, constantly ... I know I'm not just pressing the buttons too early.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Am I just stupid, or do certain moves like Lasso 23 and Sword f+1 not let WW attack until a little after she's recovered? I see her walk as I press the buttons to juggle but get nothing, constantly ... I know I'm not just pressing the buttons too early.
I don't use sword f+1 in combos, but Lasso 2,3 works if you input what you want right at the end. The timing goes all to poop online, but you can input B+3 just as you see the 2,3 recover and that's how you land that juggle.

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
Hi, I was wondering what are some of WW best wake-up options? I am accustom to just blocking and MB push.
Lasso Spin has invincibility on wake-up. It will beat certain meaty setups like Black Adam's dive kick. I wouldn't abuse it too much though since it doesn't have a lot of range, and it can be baited and punished once they catch onto it.

Thanks for the replies but even if I change to doing 23 instead of lasso spin her problem of opening people up remains. In the video that dookie made (great quality btw!) he said her lasso "mixup" is mid for b11, high for 11, mid for d1, and low for 33... all of which can be beaten by simply blocking low. In order for her to have any way of having an up close mixup she needs an overhead. The problem that I encounter is that her b2 and f3 are both too slow to be reliable overheads at close range.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Thanks for the replies but even if I change to doing 23 instead of lasso spin her problem of opening people up remains. In the video that dookie made (great quality btw!) he said her lasso "mixup" is mid for b11, high for 11, mid for d1, and low for 33... all of which can be beaten by simply blocking low. In order for her to have any way of having an up close mixup she needs an overhead. The problem that I encounter is that her b2 and f3 are both too slow to be reliable overheads at close range.
B2 is similar speed to Green Lantern's F3 overhead, which is fast for a hit confirm overhead. Close B2 leads to 23 follow ups for around 30%. And if in doubt, B3 to Sword and cancel to MB bash for frame advantage. Lasso has the big damage, but plays in mid range. Sword pressure is awesome, once you get that 11 or F12, hit confirm to MB shield throw, 22 ~ Lasso stance ~ lasso spin for 40%

The issue at the moment is that WW players are relying on lasso stance too much. Both stances need to be used as one unit. Both together cover all WW's weaknesses. Challenge for today: play some matches ONLY in sword stance until you know the strings and normals as well as lasso. Then play with concepts for
safe block string stance cancels. WW has meter to spend for days, use dat frame advantage. It will pay off :)

B2 is similar speed to Green Lantern's F3 overhead, which is fast for a hit confirm overhead. Close B2 leads to 23 follow ups for around 30%. And if in doubt, B3 to Sword and cancel to MB bash for frame advantage. Lasso has the big damage, but plays in mid range. Sword pressure is awesome, once you get that 11 or F12, hit confirm to MB shield throw, 22 ~ Lasso stance ~ lasso spin for 40%

The issue at the moment is that WW players are relying on lasso stance too much. Both stances need to be used as one unit. Both together cover all WW's weaknesses. Challenge for today: play some matches ONLY in sword stance until you know the strings and normals as well as lasso. Then play with concepts for
safe block string stance cancels. WW has meter to spend for days, use dat frame advantage. It will pay off :)
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that then.

I've actually been using sword stance more and more but the way I do it is like this:
I use lasso in neutral and then after getting them into the corner I either do a stance switch combo into sword stance or I get a hard knockdown then switch into sword stance and then I do lots of d1's, b2 > 3 and b2 > 1 for overhead/low mixups, add in a few throws and they are always guessing. If they manage to push me out then I shield bash back in and meter burn it if I have to in order to make it safe. I need to try to figure out how to start using sword stance in neutral though.

fong03

Noob
The last hit of parry is a techable knockdown.
fong03 Welcome to the Wonder Woman Thread. Now, if you would so kindly stop sending the same post sir, we can see the first 1 you posted no need to keep sending it.
I didn't realize that was happening. The site did not confirm my post was uploaded. Apologies.

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
I hopefully will get to work on Sword and Sheild stance soon as its finally starting to make sense, though it still seems situational at best.

so...is it just me or does WW have the best set of costumes in the game? seriously not a bad one among them and the #600 skin makes me so happy. I love her hair in that costume

I think the Red Son and New 52 costumes are a little lacking but aren't bad at all. just lovin some of these costumes

if these are the only costumes we get for her (which is still what 6 including the original) I think WW players are gonna have alot to use

Droogy

I swear I'm the only one who SERIOUSLY doesn't see the problem with the face

shes a amazon....shes not suppoesed to look like some dainty supermodel. shes supposed to look like she can kick your ass

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
I agree, I don't like it whenever WW is portrayed as a supermodel with a pretty face. Her overly defined facial features is exactly what an Amazon in my mind would look like. I wonder if we'll ever get a classic WW costume though? Or is the New 52 costume the closest thing we'll get?

Droogy

well what are you talkin about with a "classic costume" becuase WW has went trough so many costume changes over the years there really isn't a classic

Hi,

Iam new to tym been lurking since I started playing this game. I'm a huge ww fan. Read every ww since the Perez launch to now. :)

I'm not new to fighting games. However, my background is mostly from capcom games. Ssf4 sfxt ... Rarely I play marvel.

I just wanna say thank you guys for putting out ww tech and info. Really enjoying her in this game. The system is new for me especially that I come from sf4 background.

Droogy

always glad to see another WW player, hope to see you online and hope you keep posting and joining the discussion while we figure out this lovely little wonder

Sailorblade

Mains mostly hotties
Yea I've been shaping up my Wonder Woman thanks to you guys, I'm surely giving you guys all the credit for me being able to do pretty well with her haha.

I played against a competent player today... And it served to verify my opinion that WW has a hard time opening people up in lasso stance. The player would crouch block up close which beats everything but WW's b2 and f3 which are both easily beaten by everybody's d1. Then at mid and far range they would stand block and that beats all the options that she has. And if they are smart enough to not use any unsafe blockstrings then you can't punish them and so people can just block against WW all day. Plus, she gets no strong reward for landing a knockdown on an opponent. What are her mixups? Her instant overhead is nice but doesn't lead to much damage and her f3 is slow enough that it can be blocked on reaction if you are fighting anybody decent. I feel like if she had one good overhead for close range that can be combo'd after and isn't visually obvious (like b2 or f3) then she would be fine.

Meanwhile in sword stance, her maneuverability isn't great and her damage off of high/low mixups is booty butt cheeks... especially compared to people like Catwoman and Harley who get full combos off of their high/low mixups. I wouldn't mind the lack of mixup options in lasso stance is her sword stance was strong enough up close to warrant it. Like a "lasso for neutral and sword for up close" kind of thing. But as it is, it seems like both are workable but I haven't figured out how the two stances compliment each other yet.

I feel like I'm beginning to see the weaknesses of the character. At least this is my opinion of a weakness she has.

Doomneto

Noob
FINALLY got a chance to play Injustice offline with a great group of players here in the city, just casuals. Wonder Woman did phenomenal against a Solomon Grundy-- B2~lasso grab all day and he pretty much couldn't do anything. Was feeling confident after that and did fairly well against Black Adam, Joker, Lobo/Shazam.

And then I promptly got wrecked by a Nightwing/Killer Frost (same player). I swear to god, my brain just shuts down when I have this non-stop pressure all up in my face. I definitely agree with itsdaveyj's assessment of WW after tonight's session. I had so much trouble opening this guy up when I finally did get in close. WW's normals are just too slow to compete with them. Yes, I did my best to stay in the mid-range game, but he was incredibly aware of the danger of B2, it was hard to gain any significant damage with just pokes.

Just signed into psn and found out that there are some new skins (finally) Wonder Woman looks decent in this game for once. Kind of reminds me of that episode in justice league when she gets pissed off with those bank robbers. Now all I need is a unmasked costume for hawkgirl and then I'm happy.

the odyssey outfit, with that 80s biker leather jacket... sigh :(

ww =/= pants plz.

who should i kill to get her classic costume added to the game :(

EDIT: also looking around... emm theres no WW video thread. so that people can share their recorded matches, tournament footage and such.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I played against a competent player today... And it served to verify my opinion that WW has a hard time opening people up in lasso stance. The player would crouch block up close which beats everything but WW's b2 and f3 which are both easily beaten by everybody's d1. Then at mid and far range they would stand block and that beats all the options that she has. And if they are smart enough to not use any unsafe blockstrings then you can't punish them and so people can just block against WW all day. Plus, she gets no strong reward for landing a knockdown on an opponent. What are her mixups? Her instant overhead is nice but doesn't lead to much damage and her f3 is slow enough that it can be blocked on reaction if you are fighting anybody decent. I feel like if she had one good overhead for close range that can be combo'd after and isn't visually obvious (like b2 or f3) then she would be fine.
Her best way of opening people up in Lasso is her frame advantage, not high/lows. You can hit-confirm b+11 into b+113 on hit, or just stop at b+11 for +3 block advantage, which lets you check their buttons with d+12, a slower b+11 again, or you can go for 33/b+2 if your opponent is scared of the frame traps. 33 is also good as a safe hit-confirm, +2 on block.

b+2 is not visually obvious, it has only 17F of start-up which is nigh unreactable in a high/low situation. If they're blocking it they're predicting it or just holding back regardless.

Meanwhile in sword stance, her maneuverability isn't great and her damage off of high/low mixups is booty butt cheeks... especially compared to people like Catwoman and Harley who get full combos off of their high/low mixups. I wouldn't mind the lack of mixup options in lasso stance is her sword stance was strong enough up close to warrant it. Like a "lasso for neutral and sword for up close" kind of thing. But as it is, it seems like both are workable but I haven't figured out how the two stances compliment each other yet.

I feel like I'm beginning to see the weaknesses of the character. At least this is my opinion of a weakness she has.
this guy ha s hit the nail on the head.
wonder woman in general has trouble opening people up in my opinion shes also ha s no way of controlling the air reliably
the real problem with her is that she finds it hard to control the opponents movement in order to run her mix ups.
you find yourself using sir demi goddess to discourage random jumps.
i think shes needs buffs for sure, please make air demigoddess safe i mean look at the block stun on hawk girls mace.
even though it says it -55 you cant move after blocking it untill shes fully recovered.

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
33 and b23 in lasso stance is a legit high/low mix-up. Like Primiera said, b2 is only i17 which is fast for an instant overhead. Combined with her high/low mixups in shield stance along with J2 cross-up, she has enough tools to open up opponents. If you're finding yourself being blocked too much, mix it up more. Try going for frame traps, or throw them instead. At some point, it really just boils down to simply outplaying your opponent, because WW definitely is not lacking the tools to do so.
Air DGM is fine as it is. It's unsafe, but it's also not meant to be a free get-in move. If you're being rushed down, remember that she has parries in both stances, along with the pushblock mechanic to relieve pressure. I really don't think she needs any buffs.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Block low and then down triangle. I do that a lot with hawkgirl. Also try her parry move, it gives you a damage boost.
I'm sorry, but are you recommending mashing d+2 after blocking? It has 14 frames of start-up and is punishable on block. This is something you should NOT do.

Her Lasso Spin is her wake-up move if you choose to wake-up attack.