What's new

General/Other "Champion of the Amazons!" Wonder Woman General Discussion

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Her counter-zoning is great though. Instant air down tiara over projectiles from mid range and instant body dart (for lack of a better name) is great at countering even the quickest projectiles. Though both can leave you in bad position and punishable if used recklessly.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Her counter-zoning is great though. Instant air down tiara over projectiles from mid range and instant body dart (for lack of a better name) is great at countering even the quickest projectiles. Though both can leave you in bad position and punishable if used recklessly.
WW's air tiara throw is bad no matter when you use it. It's freakin' -30 on hit, you get punished for hitting with it.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Prinz Hmm, I'll test this out later today. This may have be a case of opponents lack of knowledge and getting away with murder. If a character can dash in 11 fms (Batman for instance), a dbl dash and 8f< move would blow it up.

I've been meaning to study her frame data, thanks for posting it up in the other thread.

At the very least it has it's place as a long range anti air option.

9_Lives

Noob
Can anyone gauge the viability of her sword and shield against zoning characters like Deathstroke and Green Arrow? I love her mobility and all, but if they read that I'm going up, they shoot me out of the sky really quick, and I was wondering if I should just look improve my use of her tiara stance or if there was an alternative possibility for getting in and delivering the juicy juicy smackdown. Thanks guys, lemme know if you have anything for me! :)

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
So I tested the down tiara today with SatsuiYesHadou offline, and BurymeinBlack online.

It's not as punishable as that -30 would have you believe. The hit stun is a quite significant amount of frames on hit (no way to gauge frames, but if somebody would like to be so kind.) Attempts to punish from full distance and 3/4 distance with a dash were unsuccessful. It is vulnerable to fast advancing supers and specials, (need to go through the roster and test out which though.) Batman was unable to punish with his super, while Supes was able to.

So as it stands right now, I'm still flinging tiaras and dinging domes. :p

Hello fellow Wonder Woman players, I have a nice little treat for you all!

P.S. Sorry if this is already known, but I couldn't find any information on it anywhere.

Flipitaru

I'm living at your death
So far Wonder Woman is my favorite character in this game. She has literally every tool you need; super fast ground dash, fast air dash, good normals and pokes (B2 and DF1), her Amazonian Smash move gets her out of the corner, her Bracelets of Submission helps her when she's being outzoned, etc. I found that you can jump over your opponent and backwards airdash and hit j1 into her BnB which can be up to 40%. It's pretty hard to block.
Her D2 is a really good anti-air. I found that after anti-airing with D2, you can do D3 and get a free set up after the sweep with cross-up 1 or 3 or you can just combo after the D2.

I'm still trying to find a way to use her sword & shield effectively though. Any ideas?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Something to think about: SS jump and forward dash are quick and have little recovery. I think this should be used combined against zoners with low projectiles like Deathstroke, Joker, Green Arrow. It could obsolete their air game and low projectiles. Quick jump over a low projectile and forward dash afterward into shield bash while they recover may be a very good tactic.

Flipitaru

I'm living at your death
Something to think about: SS jump and forward dash are quick and have little recovery. I think this should be used combined against zoners with low projectiles like Deathstroke, Joker, Green Arrow. It could obsolete their air game and low projectiles. Quick jump over a low projectile and forward dash afterward into shield bash while they recover may be a very good tactic.
I can definitely see this working. I was thinking that you should enter SS mode when being zoned from across the screen. Just tried out how good her jump and dash are in SS mode and I totally agree with what you said.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
So weird question, but is there any reason to do Lasso Spin in your BnB anymore? It looks like flatly replacing it with 2,3 does more damage, and it works on everyone off of B+1,1,3 which is not true of lasso spin which misses certain hitboxes.

Flipitaru

I'm living at your death
So weird question, but is there any reason to do Lasso Spin in your BnB anymore? It looks like flatly replacing it with 2,3 does more damage, and it works on everyone off of B+1,1,3 which is not true of lasso spin which misses certain hitboxes.
I think you should definitely keep using it. After a lasso spin, you can do 2 dashes and be right in the opponent's face on wake up and pressure with D1 2, B1+1, B2, neutral jump J1/J2 or instant overhead J1 into DB3. Using the EX version of the lasso is really useful too when you have the meter to burn, especially in the corner. Just figure out which combos/characters the whip whiffs on.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Lasso spin is only used in combo when you hit confirm her 11 or use d1 spin to punish. That or if you use her B2 as an AA, then you can do B2 -> Lasso spin B1 B113 Lasso grab

Her rushdown works like this

B113 -1, enough pushback to make opponents D1 whiff so you can whiff punish with B113 again
B1 +4 on block, makes her standing 1 4 frames so you can hitconfirm into spin. Also used for tick throw set ups. But her throw is ass anywhere but in the corner.
33 on block gives you a D12 attempt
D12 on hit gives you a B23 attempt

She's a monster in the corner with all this.
Midscreen end your shit with D3 and make them respect B23 again, or the crossup air dash ambiguity.
You can't let them go, cause if you do you're gonna be in trouble...

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
That's interesting. Why is that? I'll start updating my combos to accommodate that if the thought process is solid.
Well, her D3 at the end of her combos the way I do it, gives you the option of B23ing them as they get up, or you can jump in 1 which will cross them up, you can use the air dash to go back on yourself as well, sort of makes it like a 5050, if they backdash on wakeup you can also use the air dash to punish that too.

B23 is good cause it avoids most wakeups since the hitbox is so huge (vertically and horizontally). Only issue with this is that a B23 on hit or block midscreen effectively ends her close game.

Obviously once this is all established by the opponent you can start using her 33 or another D3 and start the whole scenario again.

Flipitaru

I'm living at your death
Well, her D3 at the end of her combos the way I do it, gives you the option of B23ing them as they get up, or you can jump in 1 which will cross them up, you can use the air dash to go back on yourself as well, sort of makes it like a 5050, if they backdash on wakeup you can also use the air dash to punish that too.

B23 is good cause it avoids most wakeups since the hitbox is so huge (vertically and horizontally). Only issue with this is that a B23 on hit or block midscreen effectively ends her close game.

Obviously once this is all established by the opponent you can start using her 33 or another D3 and start the whole scenario again.
So in other words, WW has a vortex? I've been using D3 a lot too and go for a setup and it works almost all the time.

Alright, I'm on the Wonder Woman pain train. I found her dual stances confusing and kinda shied away from the character, even though I'm a fan.. but then I realized I can focus on Lasso stance now for the basics, and add Sword Stance into my game when I'm more comfortable with everything.

She seems to be a great all-around character so far, and good meterless damage. I imagine her sword stance would be a pretty good way of dealing with rushdown characters, but I haven't really played with that yet.

Her Amazonian Smash... does it easily go over high projectiles if spaced correctly? It looks like it should, and would still hit the top of the opponent's hitbox. I'll have to test with a few.

Amazon

Noob
This is all great info and i thank you WW users for helping me! I am such a noob, but am looking to get better, fighting games are not my forrte, but after a rough start onlione i am starting to get better with WW.

Can I get some feedback/assistance if possible on the bracelts of submission, I rarely seem them used, and I dont think ive ever successfully connected them ;-(

(iie. what do they actually do? It is really a buff/debuff thing? How do you time it properly? does it allow you a free hit/start of combo when successful?)

Any assistance, tips or recommendations would be great :-D