What's new

General/Other "Champion of the Amazons!" Wonder Woman General Discussion

9_Lives

Noob
This is all great info and i thank you WW users for helping me! I am such a noob, but am looking to get better, fighting games are not my forrte, but after a rough start onlione i am starting to get better with WW.

Can I get some feedback/assistance if possible on the bracelts of submission, I rarely seem them used, and I dont think ive ever successfully connected them ;-(

(iie. what do they actually do? It is really a buff/debuff thing? How do you time it properly? does it allow you a free hit/start of combo when successful?)

Any assistance, tips or recommendations would be great :-D
The bracelets are a parry that can block any mid/high hitting attacks, including projectiles. If you successfully parry, you get a damage boost.

The way the timing works is pretty much when that ting sound is made. It comes really fast and it doesn't last very long, so you have to be very careful with the timing. It also will not parry more than one, maybe two attacks consecutively. So it is not recommended against really fast things with nearly nonexistent gaps like Flash's strings or Deathstroke's machine gun. But if you're fighting someone like Superman and he's charging like a b/f3 or something, you can time it so you parry and punish.

The way punishing the things you block works is you get basically no block stun for parrying things, so if you parry an attack, you can punish things that normally are not punishable on block, and hit harder doing it with the damage buff. I'd suggest 11~lasso spin after successfully parrying. I've done it a couple of times against slower characters. Still working on mastering that aspect of her playstyle. It can also be really helpful against characters with single shot zoning, since she takes no chip damage from parrying. (Although I haven't tested the parry on Cyborg's Nova Blast, so I'll get back to you on that.)

The timing is very strict, so be careful when you use it. I very frequently find myself parrying too soon and getting shot in the face. (but you can parry again pretty quick, so if you miss the first time, you can just try to get it up again and hope it works in time.)

Good luck with parrying things! Hope that helps.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
The bracelets are a parry that can block any mid/high hitting attacks, including projectiles. If you successfully parry, you get a damage boost.

The way the timing works is pretty much when that ting sound is made. It comes really fast and it doesn't last very long, so you have to be very careful with the timing. It also will not parry more than one, maybe two attacks consecutively. So it is not recommended against really fast things with nearly nonexistent gaps like Flash's strings or Deathstroke's machine gun. But if you're fighting someone like Superman and he's charging like a b/f3 or something, you can time it so you parry and punish.

The way punishing the things you block works is you get basically no block stun for parrying things, so if you parry an attack, you can punish things that normally are not punishable on block, and hit harder doing it with the damage buff. I'd suggest 11~lasso spin after successfully parrying. I've done it a couple of times against slower characters. Still working on mastering that aspect of her playstyle. It can also be really helpful against characters with single shot zoning, since she takes no chip damage from parrying. (Although I haven't tested the parry on Cyborg's Nova Blast, so I'll get back to you on that.)

The timing is very strict, so be careful when you use it. I very frequently find myself parrying too soon and getting shot in the face. (but you can parry again pretty quick, so if you miss the first time, you can just try to get it up again and hope it works in time.)

Good luck with parrying things! Hope that helps.
You can also break certain strings using it. Which is my personal favorite. If you know a string has a gap and you parry it you can avoid being put at frame disadvantage. Someone made a list of everything Batman can parry and I'm converting it now to WW, her parry is a tiny bit slower (4 frames vs 1), but you get a full combo punish.

Here are two you can go ahead and be happy about right now: Batman 1,1-3 Parry at the second one. That has so much frame advantage and it's the cornerstone of his offense, so have fun breaking it.

Doomsday 12-3.

Pretty sure the gap in the mirror match 3-3 is parry-able too.

Also her Shield stance parry is even better. It is 1 frame and only punishable by superman super. Abuse it. The whole batman list applies to that: (ALL CREDIT TO Jer FROM BATMAN SUBFORUM)

Aquaman
112-3
F1-32

Ares
22-3

Bane
B2-1

Batman
11-3

Black Adam
1-3
22-3

Catwoman
Not able to parry anything.

Cyborg
1-1
1-12
1-13

Deathstroke

Doomsday
12-3
B1-3

Flash
F21-3

Green Arrow

Green Lantern
B1-2
B1-3
F2-D1
F2-D13

Harley Quinn
Tantrum Stance - Kartwheel

Hawkgirl
12-B3
F1-1
F1-3

Joker

Killer Frost
Not able to parry anything

Lex Luthor
11-3

Nightwing
Escrima
11-2
Staff

Raven
22-3

Shazam
2-2

Sinestro
B2-B3

Solomon Grundy
F12-2
F22-3
3-3
D2-3

Superman
Not able to parry anything

Wonderwoman
Lasso Stance
3-3
Sword Stance
11-2

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Wow, that's just the kind of info I was looking for on that parry! You should make a thread for that.

I will, I'm working on a tutorial video for Wonder Woman, and wanted to be thorough.

When I've figured out all of the ones that she can four frame parry I will post both lists.

Probably late tonight or tomorrow morning.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This is all great info and i thank you WW users for helping me! I am such a noob, but am looking to get better, fighting games are not my forrte, but after a rough start onlione i am starting to get better with WW.

Can I get some feedback/assistance if possible on the bracelts of submission, I rarely seem them used, and I dont think ive ever successfully connected them ;-(

(iie. what do they actually do? It is really a buff/debuff thing? How do you time it properly? does it allow you a free hit/start of combo when successful?)

Use them to absorb a single hit and counter.

i.e. Superman player jumps in the air to do heat vision, use the braclets to absorb, and then punish with instant air demigodess

OR

You do B113 on block against Superman, and expect him to respond with his F23, use the braclets to absorb the first hit and then quickly do 11(hitconfirm) lasso spin.

Dont use them against something more than a single hit though, you'll get slapped.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

Use them to absorb a single hit and counter.

i.e. Superman player jumps in the air to do heat vision, use the braclets to absorb, and then punish with instant air demigodess

OR

You do B113 on block against Superman, and expect him to respond with his F23, use the braclets to absorb the first hit and then quickly do 11(hitconfirm) lasso spin.

Dont use them against something more than a single hit though, you'll get slapped.

Amazon

Noob
WOW!

Thanks to everyone who replied, I do appreciate your time and assistance some absolutely excellent tips and mini guides there, very, very grateful. so much more to learn!

I look forward to your guide Dookie, WW is my main, I think they nailed her in terms of voice/look/moves etc etc

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Not sure if it was mentioned or not, SS parry plus followup is 16%. Def helps the GL matchup, they can't just throw out B13 for free while she's in SS. Also, been messing with Bracelets of Submission vs GL.
223 - if you BoS first hit, you can interrupt string w/ d1, lasso spin or d12
B233 - BoS first hit, you can interrupt string w/ 11~Lasso Spin.
123 - no dice

Hello All,
I'm not a Hardcore Fight game player but I enjoy Mortal Kombat and now Injustice of course I'm a fair to slightly below average player and people here really helped me improve my MK game and I was hoping some of you may be willing to help me with my Injustice game as well. I'm a Noob compared to most here and am still learning some language and terminology so bare with me.

I use WW as my main and I've really had difficulty closing distance I've been getting hit with projectiles a lot and characters like Deathstroke eat me alive. Any Basic advice for using Diana specific bnb's that are really useful against most characters? I just want to improve and don't really know where to start I've been practicing but it's tough without knowing what specific things to focus on. When I use her Amazonian uppercut to close distance I get punished and if I dash I seem to be getting knocked out of the air a lot or ppl use long projectile attacks to keep me at bay. Can anyone offer any advice I sure would appreciate it thanks in advance

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Hello All,
I'm not a Hardcore Fight game player but I enjoy Mortal Kombat and now Injustice of course I'm a fair to slightly below average player and people here really helped me improve my MK game and I was hoping some of you may be willing to help me with my Injustice game as well. I'm a Noob compared to most here and am still learning some language and terminology so bare with me.

I use WW as my main and I've really had difficulty closing distance I've been getting hit with projectiles a lot and characters like Deathstroke eat me alive. Any Basic advice for using Diana specific bnb's that are really useful against most characters? I just want to improve and don't really know where to start I've been practicing but it's tough without knowing what specific things to focus on. When I use her Amazonian uppercut to close distance I get punished and if I dash I seem to be getting knocked out of the air a lot or ppl use long projectile attacks to keep me at bay. Can anyone offer any advice I sure would appreciate it thanks in advance
Hi, welcome to the Wonder Woman forum. You should check AFG's Tech and Info Thread, he goes into detail on how to get in w/ Diana. Also, which part of the bnb are you having trouble w/? Is it hitting the B3 after a launcher?

Thanks for the reply dynasty,
Ill take a look at the thread you mentioned...and yes that's one place where I seem to be having trouble with the bnb it seems after the launch when I try to execute b3 it whiffs no matter how fast I am. I've connected a few times but 95% of the time I miss. Thanks for the help that's why I like this forum so many talented people who are willing to share advice and knowledge. Ill be renewing my Xbox live in the nxt week so if anyone wants to practice or exchange thoughts shoot me a message my Gamertag is Hitman522. Take Care Everyone

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
I just try to hit B3 as early as possible, its definitely easier after 23 or Lasso Spin than after B113. Once you get the timing down you'll barely drop it.

Thanks for the imput guys I looked at AFG's thread for strategy and tips and it mentions using dashes and d+1,2 to counter things like deathstrokes roll but I seem to be getting knocked out of the air during air dashes and characters like Deathstroke and Aquaman and others with fairly long range zone attacks beat me a lot cause they keep me separated fairly easily...can anyone offer any personal advice that's been effective for you? I would like to be able to practice new things and I figure this is the place to get a different or multiple insights thanks for the help its much appreciated

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
I didn't wanna make a seperate thread for this. Got a random question, I love WW but I CANNOT hit her B3 in a combo very rarely can I connect it even by chance. any tips? I can hit it about 60% of the time with my second character Hawkgirl but its nearly impossible with WW

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Depends, are you trying to hit it after B113, Lasso Spin, or 23? 23 would probably be the easiest to hit B3 after, B113 is probably the tighest. I just try and do B3 as soon as possible as it is 30 frames.

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
I'm trying to land it in multiple situations and very few will hit. 30 frames makes it alot more easy to understand why I miss lol (still haven't memorized frames just yet)

online it seems like its nearly impossible to hit. I'm mainly trying it from 23 so I'm giving it the best chance but I think my issue is that I may just randomly be holding it for a second or something, I dunno.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Her Shield parry is listed as -12 on block, but the flash can't punish with a 6 frame reversal. In Shield Stance we have a 1 frame mid that does 9% is safe and also is a parry. I'm going to abuse the shit outta this.
Nice, shield parry is safe. I wonder how the frames are on hit compared to amalthea bash.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
So, I'm a dumbass. While the parry frames start immediately it's hitbox as an attack doesn't. As far as I can tell it is 8 frames start-up as it can punish on reversal her own (lasso stance) 2,3 which is listed as -9 but not her (sword stance) b2,1 which is listed as -8. Also it does 8%, not 9 as I stated.

Still an amazing tool though :p