What's new

General/Other "Champion of the Amazons!" Wonder Woman General Discussion

Does anyone know any good moves with her sword and shield? Also, does anyone know when they're releasing the costumes that came with the Collector's/Battle Edition? I really want her new 52 costume.

Just love playing this theme while playing as wonder woman. Seriously, she needs her own game and it needs to be made by the guys who made God Of War. That or wonder woman and kratos need to team up

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Does anyone know any good moves with her sword and shield? Also, does anyone know when they're releasing the costumes that came with the Collector's/Battle Edition? I really want her new 52 costume.
AFG made a how to use shield stance thread, you should check there for any Sword and Shield questions.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
in the corner just keep repeated back+2, 3 and back+2, 1.

It's sort of like Doomsday's earther shaker, but it's a true 50/50.

TO be honest WW is lacking in a lot of areas .
her projectiles are almost useless terrible recovery, slow start up ,poor hit box and terrible range.
the problem is if she was amazing upclose then i would understand the reason for bad projectiles.
but shes just very mediocre in every way right now.
yes she has a parry but who cares if she can parry from full screen, she isnt being rewarded for it.
the one thing she has is good mix ups from the air dash ,b2 ,3 for good whiff punish.
the problem with b2 3 is that it pushes them so far away on hit its grants no oki options at all.
fix this NRS ,her projectiles either need to be full screen or have faster recovery and start up.
what kind of balancing is this superman is better up close yet better zoning.
the one thing she had was good damage but that got hit so hard all combos of back 2 scale so hard.
why the need for a damage nerf its just stupid.
she has many useless moves like , lasso spin what on earth is the use of this move outside of combos its useless.
terrible start and hit box is just plain terrible, and its unsafe for such a useless move.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
1. You take no damage from using bracelets on a projectile from fullscreen.
2. Why would you finish B2,3 outside of the corner and stuffing wakeups? B2 has untechable knockdown.
3. Her damage is fine. She gets around 40% off of everything, meterless, GL for example has to burn 2 meters just to get 40%.
4. Lasso Spin is unsafe so that you don't abuse it outside of combos. It's fine the way it is, d+2 is a better AA anyway, and leads to a full combo. She's no kung lao and she'd be stupid is she had a spin/mb spin like his. Spin is for 11 combos, B11 combos, punishing/interrupting w/ D1, B2 corner combos, and trait cancelling into after Sword 2.
5. Her Sword Stance upclose is just as good as nightwing's staff. In Lasso stance, 11, B11, and 3,3 are plus on block, if they move they eat d1,2. Also, if they attack you can bracelet/shield parry so they have to respect your strings, especially d1 happy people. Yes, its risky but its no riskier than doing it in Tekken, at least in this game you won't lose 60-70% for guessing wrong, even more if there are walls involved. The reward, she gets a damage buff and can do D1~Lasso Spin/11~Lasso Spin to interrupt/punish other characters during their strings.
6. I'm not gonna lie, better recovery on tiara would be nice but you're better off using Shield Toss.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I could stand for some more ways to use meter. Adding MB bracelets to reflect projectiles back would be awesome.

Apart from that, I honestly think WW is the benchmark for a balanced character in this game (her damage is pretty beast though) and what NRS should aim to set as a benchmark for future balance patches.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Thinking about maining Wonder Woman, though I've only pissed around with her in training mode. Some vague questions:

1. How good is her d+2? Looks godly but slow. I've been pining for great AA that isn't Aquaman or an air grab.
2. How's her mid-range game? Pretty solid?
3. What are her weaknesses/bad match-ups? What game style truly annoys her or lets her destroy the opponent?

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
1. d+2 is a better AA than what more than half the cast has to offer. Her d+2 in SS stance is faster, but the lasso has more range, and leads to a 30% combo.
2. It depends on the match-up but her mid-range is very solid. She has options in both stances, and the opponent really has to respect the range on her lasso.
3. Her biggest weaknesses imo are opponents that can harass her at full screen, and have good air control. She doesn't have many zoning tools, her tiara has a very long recovery and it doesn't reach full screen. In most cases, she is forced to approach the opponent, so a good zoner can attempt to keep her out. Opponents with air control like GL and Raven can also give her a rough time since a lot of her approach options are by moving in the air, and she's forced her to stay grounded most of the time in these match-ups.

She doesn't get enough love but she deserves it. I think they did a really good job on her making her unique even very unique compared to nightwing another two stanced character. I feel like Nightwings stances are little more obvious, rush down and long ranged poking, I think Wonderwoman will truly need to use both stances to fully get the affect of her. Lasso is long ranged, slower, but has better combo opprotunities and mobility. While Sword and Shield isnt as combo based but still is strong and takes less chip damage. Interesting character indeed... but I dont think ill use her lol :p
She's a character to be feared! lol

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I'm fine with bad zoning as long as she has advantageous mid-range or reliable anti-zoning. I'm coming from Killer Frost who, yes, has that slide, but it's negative on block, and her other mid-range normals are non-existent.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
After day 1 with WW, I'm loving her. More questions!

1. I really appreciate her mid-range stuff. Lasso b+23, f+3, and b+113 are very useful, and though I don't use SS much, her tackle seems almost cheap if they don't try to stuff it. Pretty much forces a push-block at that point. Anything else to use in the mid-range game? It seems like her projectile is ass.

2. Seems like Lasso J1 is her best pure jump-in. I've stuffed things no (wo)man should stuff already with J1 and J3. Does this ring true, or should I be sticking with J2? They all seem to have a place, actually, unlike lots of jump-ins. Also, should I be doing J3 > 11 xx DB2 into BnB ender? J3 > b+113 almost never connects.

3. It seems like b+11 into 3 is pretty hit-confirmable with practice. I'm unsure what to do with a blocked b+11, though ... my day 1 WW kept getting mashing out with d+1s and d+2s and the like because I kept going for another b+11. Anything to check the opponent's buttons while maintaining frame advantage and/or going into a BnB?

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
2. They all have a place. Might be able to D1~Lasso Spin into bnb off of J3 or D2, 23, B3, I'm at work now so I can't really test.
3. You can beat out there D1s/D2s with 11 or D12 or you can parry them with Bracelets of Submission and then punish/interrupt them w/ 11~Lasso Spin_D1~Lasso Spin to stop them from hitting buttons

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Placed 4th today at my local ranking tournament with Wondy (and a little Batman), my reset combo worked a treat and I got a LOT of questions afterwards.

Buuuuuuuuuut I got blown the fuck up by Doomsday. Outside theorycrafting and labwork, this was my first time vs Doomsday and I have no idea what to do. That trait completely takes away my footsies with B2. It felt like an incredible uphill battle, but maybe I'm missing something. Any tips?

fong03

Noob
I could stand for some more ways to use meter. Adding MB bracelets to reflect projectiles back would be awesome.
I was wishing for the same thing. It would help her out with zoning characters a lot. They could even pull from Gail Simone's run on the WW comic and let the bracers call down lightning as the MB. Zeus is her daddy after all :)

Also, hello everyone!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
The bracelets are a parry that can block any mid/high hitting attacks, including projectiles. If you successfully parry, you get a damage boost.

The way the timing works is pretty much when that ting sound is made. It comes really fast and it doesn't last very long, so you have to be very careful with the timing. It also will not parry more than one, maybe two attacks consecutively. So it is not recommended against really fast things with nearly nonexistent gaps like Flash's strings or Deathstroke's machine gun. But if you're fighting someone like Superman and he's charging like a b/f3 or something, you can time it so you parry and punish.

The way punishing the things you block works is you get basically no block stun for parrying things, so if you parry an attack, you can punish things that normally are not punishable on block, and hit harder doing it with the damage buff. I'd suggest 11~lasso spin after successfully parrying. I've done it a couple of times against slower characters. Still working on mastering that aspect of her playstyle. It can also be really helpful against characters with single shot zoning, since she takes no chip damage from parrying. (Although I haven't tested the parry on Cyborg's Nova Blast, so I'll get back to you on that.)

The timing is very strict, so be careful when you use it. I very frequently find myself parrying too soon and getting shot in the face. (but you can parry again pretty quick, so if you miss the first time, you can just try to get it up again and hope it works in time.)

Good luck with parrying things! Hope that helps.
Works on Cyborgs zoning, you can parry a projectile and dash out of the way of his ground bomb things.
Against some crouching attacks you're probably better off doing parry into B113 or 33, because 11 is high.

But 11 is still good against strings with some gaps. Supermans F23 is a good example.

Her Shield parry is listed as -12 on block, but the flash can't punish with a 6 frame reversal. In Shield Stance we have a 1 frame mid that does 9% is safe and also is a parry. I'm going to abuse the shit outta this.
I've been thinking of ways to add this to her game, the shield parry is also an attack, so after a move like B23 in SS, she should be able to parry before the opponent can jump right? Or at least catch a jump. If it hits you can do the extender and choose to leave them either standing or go for a knockdown.

Need to know if the knockdown is a hard one though? Anybody know? If it is I'll be able to throw in a load of options after it, more than if you leave them standing.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Works on Cyborgs zoning, you can parry a projectile and dash out of the way of his ground bomb things.
Against some crouching attacks you're probably better off doing parry into B113 or 33, because 11 is high.

But 11 is still good against strings with some gaps. Supermans F23 is a good example.

I've been thinking of ways to add this to her game, the shield parry is also an attack, so after a move like B23 in SS, she should be able to parry before the opponent can jump right? Or at least catch a jump. If it hits you can do the extender and choose to leave them either standing or go for a knockdown.

Need to know if the knockdown is a hard one though? Anybody know? If it is I'll be able to throw in a load of options after it, more than if you leave them standing.
The last hit of parry is a techable knockdown.
fong03 Welcome to the Wonder Woman Thread. Now, if you would so kindly stop sending the same post sir, we can see the first 1 you posted no need to keep sending it.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I was wishing for the same thing. It would help her out with zoning characters a lot. They could even pull from Gail Simone's run on the WW comic and let the bracers call down lightning as the MB. Zeus is her daddy after all :)

Also, hello everyone!
IMO a MB version of her parry wouldnt be fair, she already has a stance that makes chip damage almost non existant, and a parry that causes no hit/blockstun and gives her a damage buff. Reflection on top of that would mean that her SS is pointless against zoners.

You lot need to start recognising the power of SS against characters you cant reliably bracelet against.

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
Hi, I was wondering what are some of WW best wake-up options? I am accustom to just blocking and MB push.
I would also be interrested becuase right now I sometimes situationally use her uppercut but I don't have much for her wakeup

also I've been playing around with instant ground pounds in combos being able to amazonian smash to possibly finish or extend combos. I can't get anything amazing but I'm just now getting some time in the lab with it. Anything you guys already have which could aid me in my search for tech? Cause there be gold in these mines

I'm curious... what are some tips you all have for opening people up in lasso stance? Her b2 is a great overhead but it doesn't lead to great damage and isn't good for when you are up close. 3 > 3 is okay for going low but I can't hit confirm before going into lasso spin which isn't really safe on block. While her f3 overhead seems slow. Especially compared to other overheads in the game.

It just seems like she has too many mid strikes in lasso stance and so people block all day. Sword stance on the other hand... is great for mixups with her b2 > b3 or b2 > b1 but doesn't seem to land into any great damage.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
You should try doing 33, 23, B3, J3, D3_B113~Lasso Grab instead, it's easier to hit confirm. Also, the OP of AFGs Tech & Info thread should answer your question.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
I'm curious... what are some tips you all have for opening people up in lasso stance? Her b2 is a great overhead but it doesn't lead to great damage and isn't good for when you are up close. 3 > 3 is okay for going low but I can't hit confirm before going into lasso spin which isn't really safe on block. While her f3 overhead seems slow. Especially compared to other overheads in the game.

It just seems like she has too many mid strikes in lasso stance and so people block all day. Sword stance on the other hand... is great for mixups with her b2 > b3 or b2 > b1 but doesn't seem to land into any great damage.
Also if you're a visual learner I have a youtube video of the stuff AFG and DYNA$TY mentioned: