What's new

Cetrion - Reveal Trailer

Comments

Honestly I really am not a fan of her. I was really excited to see her cause but I was massively disappointed :( In general I am a big fan of MK gods having control over a specific element or a specific power like Raiden over thunder, Fujin over wind, Shinnok over dark sorcery/necromancy. And I was low key expecting her to have control over plants which is quite a cool power that hasn't been seen before in MK. So seeing her use fire, water, wind, earth just seems all over the place IMO. Plus borrowing powers of other fighters like the Sindel hair flip or Mileena's telekick is just soooo much it's disappointing. Sorry Cetrion girl, you trying too hard.

All those people comparing all MK Gods to Greek Gods are misinformed and need to play Mythologies Sub-Zero and read about where John Tobias got a lot of his inspiration from with his characters, especially the God Characters (In addition to Movies and Pop Culture). At least when it comes to Raiden and Fujin, they are based on Japanese Shinto gods Raijin and Fuujin. Even the Elemental Gods in MK Mythologies Sub-Zero were based on Japanese Shinto Elemental Gods.

Shinnok is different though as his story takes inspiration from Judeo-Christian beliefs in how he was cast down from the Heavens and banished to the Netherealm. He is essentially the Devil of MK even though In Mythologies it does say he killed Lucifer to take over the Netherealm.

Cetrion and Kronika you can probably say are more Greek influenced in some way.

As for the gameplay, I'm looking forward to playing as her and checking out her variations. She is a mix of Tremor, Rain, Poison Ivy and a little bit Black Adam with the barrier surrounding her. The Fatality reminds me of Jax's MK3 Fatality when he becomes a Giant and steps on you, except she fires down a beam at you, funny to watch.

I precisely said "just with different projectiles" for these type of stupid responses. Yes esthetically she looks a lot like her. Oh, and don't give me that shit that she wasn't a zoner cause all Ivy players did was walk back and shoot that drill from full screen and wait for her trait to charge so that you can do more full screen zoning.
And why is my response stupid? She does not, she doesn‘t have any of her Strings or specials, the only Thing that is similiar is her plant stuff so what‘s your fucking point

Also there are almost no matchups were she can win just by being fullscreen throwing out drills and trait, it‘s not the characters fault if you let her do this, it‘s yours for not playing the matchup right

After seeing this and hearing abou the bug transformation rumors I DO NOT WANT a gimmicky injustice version of Dvorah.

I really hope she hasn't turned into throwing bug traps and flight gimmicks instead of pressure and execution.

I get that her moveset is supposed to be dialed up because she's an elder God, but if Kollector and Dvoh get the same cartoon treatment I'm gonna lose it.

I'd like to take the discussion in a slightly different direction and talk about the scope of MK in general now.

We've always known about the elder gods but aside from Shinnok (whose abilities we've never seen the full spectrum of as it's always been implied he's been underpowered due to being "fallen" or not having his amulet) we've never seen them or what they're capable of. Based on her abilities shown in the trailer, lore-wise she seems like she's OP as fuck. The ability to grow planet sized and fire beams of death literally dwarfs everyone's power. Not to mention her mastery of all the elements.

Like, comparatively dudes like Shao Kahn don't even register as a threat. I'm super interested to see Kronika in action now.

shut up!! I’m gonna main cetrion day 1!!!! we need a whole mk with those characters. we are BORED OF stupid earthrealm humans charactersss!!!!! bring gods and injustice stuff rather then boring human clones!!!

Right but they aren't talking about him as if he's injured. Cetrion implies Jade is mourning someone's loss, and Jade responds by saying that she'll never stop loving Kotal. I.e., Kotal is dead. Unless you're saying that you think he dies because of his fight with Shao Khan.
I took it as Cetrion implying Jade to be confused when it came to love, hence "lost heart." It's pretty damn vague though.

Cetrion is fuckin sick, i can kinda see the ivy comparisons but they're not super strong and they're easy to ignore once she starts setting dudes on fire. It is honestly a little weird just having someone controlling all elements when there's so many MK characters defined by the 1 element they represent, but it's not a bad thing and I'm in full support of this character. Elements good, all elements beter.

I do think the fatality is kinda lame, but much less because it "looks like injustice" or whatever and more because Beam That Blows You Apart isn't really all that interesting no matter how big you get.