What's new

Cetrion - Reveal Trailer

Comments

For sure looks more like an Injustice character than a MK character but shes my favorite of the new characters so far. I'll for sure try her out.
Plus shes carrying on the "Big Boot" fatal after Jax and Ermac.

yeah thats what i thought too...hope mk11 doesn't turning into a pew pew pew fighting game. quitted injustice 2 because of that.
She looks exactly like poison ivy from inj 2 just with different projectiles. This game is a huge risk of becoming another zone fest. We will see but I am definitely not buying day one.

Cetrion: *exists and has a unique look as well as skins and gear we haven't seen*
Y'all: BAD. SHE'S BAD. TOO MUCH ZONING AND IS INJUSTICE. HER DESIGN IS BAD.

Cetrion:

She looks exactly like poison ivy from inj 2 just with different projectiles. This game is a huge risk of becoming another zone fest. We will see but I am definitely not buying day one.
Gameplaywise beside the ground vine which wasn‘t even a standard move She doesn‘t look like ivy at all plus ivy isn‘t a zoning character, I really don‘t get this comparison except maybe on the esthetical side.

Yeah these Poison Ivy comparisons are weak af:

Two “plant based special moves”, while everything else utilities all of the natural elements.

No form of Venus Flytrap or plant creature special moves.

Her overall design is pretty different from Ivy. Rocks/Sea vegetation Vs Plants. The only thing that is remotely similar is the fact that they both share the color green and kinda use plants

A bunch of really cool looking moves that we'll never see in tournament play, apparently.

I'm seeing several people state that set variations will be the only ones that tourney legal and that's so incredibly disappointing.
Although they’ll be set variations, Ithought Ed has previously said that all moves will be across these 3 variations, but you can mix and match them with custom. I.e customs won’t have any moves that the variations don’t?

I don't get the concept of this character? Obviously seems to be something to do with the earth i guess?

At first the moveset didn't make sense, but if she's meant to be a manifestation of the Earth as an Elder God or some such then i guess it works?!

At this stage i'm less curious about her moveset and would like to know more about her background.

And she does seem very Avatar, which is not a bad thing, just don't think she fits in the game.

I goddamn hate Bo Rai Cho and D’Vorah. I find them the worst MK characters ever (after 3D characters) now Cetrion just pushed them back and went #1 worst character in the series with just a trailer.
So what you want but I can’t stand a non fighting character in a fighting game. This character doesn’t use her body to fight

Although they’ll be set variations, Ithought Ed has previously said that all moves will be across these 3 variations, but you can mix and match them with custom. I.e customs won’t have any moves that the variations don’t?
There were plenty of moves in the betas that were not part of any of the 3 default variations.

I don't get the concept of this character? Obviously seems to be something to do with the earth i guess?

At first the moveset didn't make sense, but if she's meant to be a manifestation of the Earth as an Elder God or some such then i guess it works?!

At this stage i'm less curious about her moveset and would like to know more about her background.

And she does seem very Avatar, which is not a bad thing, just don't think she fits in the game.
She embraces all the Elements!

In other words, she's

LIFE

I goddamn hate Bo Rai Cho and D’Vorah. I find them the worst MK characters ever (after 3D characters) now Cetrion just pushed them back and went #1 worst character in the series with just a trailer.
So what you want but I can’t stand a non fighting character in a fighting game. This character doesn’t use her body to fight
D'Vorah and BRC don't use their bodies to fight? And are you trying to say that D'Vorah (an amazing character design, imo) is worse than a character like Dairou, Darrius, Kai, Kobra, Jarek, Mokap and COUNTLESS other uninspired designs?

You're entitled to your opinion, but man...D'Vorah is super cool and I've always loved BRC, as well. Cetrion isn't my kind of character, but I'd put her ahead of numerous other characters already.

Gameplaywise beside the ground vine which wasn‘t even a standard move She doesn‘t look like ivy at all plus ivy isn‘t a zoning character, I really don‘t get this comparison except maybe on the esthetical side.
I precisely said "just with different projectiles" for these type of stupid responses. Yes esthetically she looks a lot like her. Oh, and don't give me that shit that she wasn't a zoner cause all Ivy players did was walk back and shoot that drill from full screen and wait for her trait to charge so that you can do more full screen zoning.

D'Vorah and BRC don't use their bodies to fight? And are you trying to say that D'Vorah (an amazing character design, imo) is worse than a character like Dairou, Darrius, Kai, Kobra, Jarek, Mokap and COUNTLESS other uninspired designs?

You're entitled to your opinion, but man...D'Vorah is super cool and I've always loved BRC, as well. Cetrion isn't my kind of character, but I'd put her ahead of numerous other characters already.
I meant Cetrion doesn’t use her body. Those two especially Bo Rai Cho are very good in combat