What's new

Cetrion General Discussion Thread

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Glad to see you're dabbling in some Cetrion Pan1c.

About Boulder Delay, what's to stop a teleporter from simply full combo'ing you on reaction for pulling that incredibly slow boulder up and delaying it? Also, how do you find the Rock Shatter to operate in-game, what's good/bad about it? Character has been universally panned while D'Vorah is out there breaking the game so I'm looking for some form of optimism here.
Ahhh nothing really. Although cancel recovers instantly. So you could cancel to bait a Tele and punish.

Rock shatter is meh. Her boulder toss and earth shatter are much better.

It’s ok, but nothing great.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
So her water lift kb is really weird. Has anyone found a good knockdown setup so we can safely whiff it

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Geras punishes geyser. And good luck punishing his sand trap with a bf motion from crouching :(
I'm finding quite a few things punishable, moreso than they should be. By the weekend once I'm done testing all the characters and played enough matches I'm gonna drop an anti-tech post or thread (depending on size), but too many characters have options against her imo.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
In the discord, it was shared that Cetrion's throw KB only works when one of her auras are out. So basically it's useless. Fuck this jobber character.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Hey all! Uh
I’m struggling with this character in ranked..just seems like cats have better stuff then her right now..

You have subs etc with solid over heard to open cats up but her are predictable to the fullest and sluggish..

And the zoning is non existent..I like her but I have no idea what I’m supposed to do about pressure and low high over heard advancing strings

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Hey all! Uh
I’m struggling with this character in ranked..just seems like cats have better stuff then her right now..

You have subs etc with solid over heard to open cats up but her are predictable to the fullest and sluggish..

And the zoning is non existent..I like her but I have no idea what I’m supposed to do about pressure and low high over heard advancing strings
Watch Dragon play her, might give you some ideas!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hey all! Uh

I just played an hour long set against Sub and about an hour against Deg's Sonya, wish I could have saved it. She's more methodical than most but she can play MUs. Definitely check out the video with Dragon but a couple of quick tips-

-Some MUs the zoning is more powerful than others.
-She has really good staggers and is one of the ONLY characters who can stagger a special (Wall and it works amazingly right now)
-If it's a good zoning MU remember you can cancel block pressure into far teleport for 1 dbar that comes back really fast.
-Low poke into wall and EX Wall is strong at beating opponents counter mashing low pokes at you.
-F23 is great to hit confirm your mid.
-Boulder pretty much frame traps into Geyser at far distance. Make them have to respect it.
-If you land a far Geyser you can EX it and do Front Tele and then 11, F13 Water for 189 damage back into zoning.
-B3 and D4.

That's off the top of my head. Back to playing now for me! Give some of that a shot and see if it helps.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I honestly don’t know if I am tripping, but is there anyone having issues getting her far rock in the earthquake variation?
Like I will get her 1/10 times or so in training mode and I’m thinking it’s probably a bug because well, it doesn’t happen with any other character to me and I’m doing the right input (my controller is also fine)

jmt

Noob
I honestly don’t know if I am tripping, but is there anyone having issues getting her far rock in the earthquake variation?
Like I will get her 1/10 times or so in training mode and I’m thinking it’s probably a bug because well, it doesn’t happen with any other character to me and I’m doing the right input (my controller is also fine)
I can do it 9/10 times. Just gotta input it faster.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I just played an hour long set against Sub and about an hour against Deg's Sonya, wish I could have saved it. She's more methodical than most but she can play MUs. Definitely check out the video with Dragon but a couple of quick tips-

-Some MUs the zoning is more powerful than others.
-She has really good staggers and is one of the ONLY characters who can stagger a special (Wall and it works amazingly right now)
-If it's a good zoning MU remember you can cancel block pressure into far teleport for 1 dbar that comes back really fast.
-Low poke into wall and EX Wall is strong at beating opponents counter mashing low pokes at you.
-F23 is great to hit confirm your mid.
-Boulder pretty much frame traps into Geyser at far distance. Make them have to respect it.
-If you land a far Geyser you can EX it and do Front Tele and then 11, F13 Water for 189 damage back into zoning.
-B3 and D4.

That's off the top of my head. Back to playing now for me! Give some of that a shot and see if it helps.
Thanks for the tips!

Hmm yea I’ll have to run sub back again today..I use force of nature I just feel her ground rock etc feels weird like the timing is odd so they can jump sometimes etc..it’s weird...

Just got done playing Kotal and pressure seems to be an issue...space closing normals etc are rough