What's new

Cetrion General Discussion Thread

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
She has some of the most unique gear in the game. Her tentacles alone have more variety than half the cast. I might pick her up. Depends on if any other zoners catch my eye first

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I got my first heavy-duty playtime with Cetrion in over the weekend with many hours vs. Noob. She's okay but I don't think she'll be a main for me, at least in her release state, as her tools just feel pretty average/lackluster compared to the rest of the cast. You know you're grasping for straws when one of your most used tools is cancelling into amped db1 at -15 just because the pushback keeps you safe.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
I’m really enjoying playing Cetrion as a for fun secondary, she’s definitely not as strong as Sonya, but Sonya is overtuned and is going to get nerfed anyways. I wish db1 AMP didn’t have a punishable gap in between, it would make the character super solid all around I think. She feels good to use in the neutral for sure though.

I'm not really sure what I'm meant to be doing with Cetrion. I don't really care to just stand there spamming rocks or nature's wrath, which seems highly unreliable. She has a couple of good kombos, but i find with characters like this they have a lot of zoning tools, but no real synergy.

jmt

Noob
I’m doing great with her, but it’s like an uphill battle trying to win. So much harder to beat people with her versus other characters.

Eldagrin

I prefer having Geyser, it’s such a good tool. I like earthquake too but Geyser gives her much better combos

I think her earthquake variant really is weak. But I don't like using geyser, i find having to direct the move really awkward. Same with any move that works like that. But honestly the barrier is better and being able to teleport is huge for her. I think anyway. The ability to hold the boulder and try and 5050 with it doesn't strike me as terribly useful

Eldagrin

I think her earthquake variant really is weak. But I don't like using geyser, i find having to direct the move really awkward. Same with any move that works like that. But honestly the barrier is better and being able to teleport is huge for her. I think anyway. The ability to hold the boulder and try and 5050 with it doesn't strike me as terribly useful
The Geyser is strong because it jails off the boulder at certain distances and jails off a df1 on hit and punishes several moves anywhere on the screen for about 203 if you get the combo. It also gives her considerably better regular combo and krushing blow combo damage.

jmt

Noob
Quick punishes with bf moves that you have to direct are tough. Takes a minute to get use to that.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
The ability to hold the boulder and try and 5050 with it doesn't strike me as terribly useful
There's no visual difference between the startup animation of anti-air boulder and ground boulder so there's no mixup there. I think the idea is more that you would delay it for mind games and then have the choice to read where the opponent is going. Or even possible reactions where you see that the opponent will be in the air and change the direction.

The main draw of being able to hold the boulder to me is that you can cancel it. I need more time with it in matches but in my testing it can blow up people trying to reaction teleport the boulder if you cancel and block. I think it should help keep the boulders more relevant than in the other variation.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I don't know how to save longer than 15 minutes from ps4, so here is the first part of some matches I had against THEO. Any tips on playing this MU better is appreciated, as I find this and Geras easily the hardest MUs. Don't mind those match 2 DB4 input errors though.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I imagine it's been mentioned but Centrion's hair pull easily goes under a bunch of different projectiles if timed correctly.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I find the groundpound very effective for checking them

timed well you go under a shit ton of projectiles too
Interesting. Gonna have to give it a test run, as I wrote it off right away. Now that people are punching/FLB the wall, it's getting near useless in long sets. I was hesitant before because Rock Orb replaces Wall, but now it doesn't seem like it matters much. I expect this to be the case long term too once everyone's MU Exp catches up.

My big thing was losing Geyser, but if Earthquake is good enough it could be a nice trade off with that and orb. Geyser and Teleport is a really good combo though so I'd have to give it a fair shake lol.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
can we get hentai tentacles added to Cet? just joking think shes the best NRS fem fatale to date. hope sindel looks as good.