What's new

Cetrion General Discussion Thread

This is a huge help thanks!!!!!

The fire beam you can do without jumping that's what i meant, but yea I guess it functions the same.

You can't punish Geyser with those moves is a Godsend. I instantly feel better now. Opens up a lot more options!!!

The Boulder Shatter is one of the variation moves, it's in the tournament variation that has Ground and Pound/Delay Boulder Toss/Boulder Shatter. It's the move where the rock comes out in spacing by the opponent's head, and then after like a second it explodes popping them up a bit.
Has anyone noticed that Geyser is -20 on block, but -40 on Flawless Block, according to frame data posted?!?I thought Flawless block only gave you 4 extra frames to punish universally! If it is true any teleport or fast full screen option will punish it if Flawless blocked

The Boulder Shatter is one of the variation moves, it's in the tournament variation that has Ground and Pound/Delay Boulder Toss/Boulder Shatter. It's the move where the rock comes out in spacing by the opponent's head, and then after like a second it explodes popping them up a bit.
Found it, the move is not present in the default casual variation, that's why I didn't find it (This variation system needs to be clearer NRS).

-Does Boulder Shatter have a blockable hitbox, or can you walk right past it? Does it launch in the corner or into a Vine Grab? Is it mostly like a MMH Orb, or how would you describe it best. :
No you can walk right past it.
It doesn't launch either, the normal or the MB version.

It seems to be similar to Injustice 2's Green Lantern exploding lantern in the principle. Except less safe and is not plus on block in the MB version (-8) and with a great start up (64 startup !). The MB version seems great to push back the opponent from jump distance to fullscreen and start to zone again, but dangerous to use at close/very close distance.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Found it, the move is not present in the default casual variation, that's why I didn't find it (This variation system needs to be clearer NRS).

-Does Boulder Shatter have a blockable hitbox, or can you walk right past it? Does it launch in the corner or into a Vine Grab? Is it mostly like a MMH Orb, or how would you describe it best. :
No you can walk right past it.
It doesn't launch either, the normal or the MB version.

It seems to be similar to Injustice 2's Green Lantern exploding lantern in the principle. Except less safe and is not plus on block in the MB version (-8) and with a great start up (64 startup !). The MB version seems great to push back the opponent from jump distance to fullscreen and start to zone again, but dangerous to use at close/very close distance.
Thanks thanks thanks!!!! Butttt.

Lol WTF! Ima get this meme started early. @PLAYING TO WIN

#BUFFCETRION

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Played her yesterday and holy shit her frames suck so bad.
Danggggg. Yea I'm hearing some, let's say, highly negative reviews about her out there from a couple of very strong players.
This is really discouraging to hear. Is this based on playing around with her in practice mode, or trying her out in some player matches?

It just seems like most moves in the game (for all characters) look and feel slower than what we’re used to, but that’s by design; in a match, that might all even out. Or are her tools truly so slow relative to everyone else that they’re nonviable?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This is really discouraging to hear. Is this based on playing around with her in practice mode, or trying her out in some player matches?

It just seems like most moves in the game (for all characters) look and feel slower than what we’re used to, but that’s by design; in a match, that might all even out. Or are her tools truly so slow relative to everyone else that they’re nonviable?
I've heard directly from a player that she's "garbo AF" in comparison to other space control characters, and other characters in general. I still feel like we need to play more than a little bit to make that decision, but I've asked around a bit and searched feedback and I've yet to find any positive. All I'm hearing/seeing is either bad, or wait until you grind for a awhile, but nothing actually good or optimistic.

When you're looking at 60F start up for rock orbs, 46-48 startup for boulder toss, -35 on block Vine Grab, unsafe Fire Beam, 1 D Bar for Boulder Toss Delay, etc, I can see why it would seem worrisome at first. I've checked all characters frame data, and none of them have the on paper data that she does. Not a single character. I'm hoping that the setup play and control with the tools compensates strongly for the frame disparity. These tools are going to need to be really strong to make up the difference. I still have hope because I remember how "bad" MKX Raiden supposedly was, and then Week 2 happened and all of a sudden he was Godlike.

Her only advancing mid string has no way to make it safe. They can dash under the overhead hit. If u do anything else including close hellfire it whiffs.

I hope there are some changes in the day one patch but it looks like she is designed for casual play. Skarlet is still
Much better.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
It almost seems like she was balanced with her auras in mind or something. Even the damn wall reflect thing is unsafe, jfc. She's supposed to be MK11's 'premier zoner' isn't she? Come on NRS.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
It almost seems like she was balanced with her auras in mind or something. Even the damn wall reflect thing is unsafe, jfc. She's supposed to be MK11's 'premier zoner' isn't she? Come on NRS.
Remember, the majority of the kommunity is afraid of zoners and projectiles. But 50/50’s and insane pressure or moves that allow free ways in, those are fine, encouraged infact.

I honestly hope there are just as many strong defensive characters as offensive ones.

Anyone have a sense of what the recovery is on those boulder tosses? I'm guessing the game's data is incomplete and it's not really N/A.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Her only advancing mid string has no way to make it safe. They can dash under the overhead hit. If u do anything else including close hellfire it whiffs.

I hope there are some changes in the day one patch but it looks like she is designed for casual play.
There’s no way that’s intentional. She was designed before they buffed dashes, and the string was clearly broken because of it. Surely they’ll patch that up. They have to; the devs wouldn’t deliberately shoot to make her trash tier.

Before you said that, I was going to say that at least on paper her strings don’t look too bad. -9 is basically the new safe in this game, so most of her strings are pretty safe. Her F1 is a really quick advancing jab string and her F3 string is a pretty quick advancing low at 10. Several strings have multi-hitting endings making them much harder to FLB. So I was feeling ok (on paper).

It’s just her zoning tools that are so dreadfully slow and unsafe that it’s practically suicide to use them. I don’t know how this ever came across as “balanced”?

I’m still going to play around with her and see things for myself, but I’m feeling very discouraged.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
So does she look fun guys? I actually want to main her (i'm a gigantic fan of voice actress) and she just looks really really cool

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So does she look fun guys? I actually want to main her (i'm a gigantic fan of voice actress) and she just looks really really cool
I think people are jumping to conclusions when they say a character is not fun before it even launches (Cough, SubZero forum, cough) so it's tough to say. If you enjoy the playstyle she seems like she'd be the most fun of all, but that's something we need quite a bit of games against a lot of the cast to decide first. Boring however, is probably the absolute last assumption I'd make about her.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So her damage is pretty poor.

Off her Krushing Blows she gets like 35%+ with a bar.

Boulder delay is basically mandatory because it mixes up your zoning. Earth shatter is also nice.

It aucks because her water launch is only in the variation without boulder delay.

Boulder is plus on block and makes a block trap with vines and earth shatter.

She has decent tools to keep people out but her lack of damage and safe ranged string is a bit :/. Her boulder delay only takes bar if you cancel it, and it cancels instantly.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So her damage is pretty poor.

Off her Krushing Blows she gets like 35%+ with a bar.

Boulder delay is basically mandatory because it mixes up your zoning. Earth shatter is also nice.

It aucks because her water launch is only in the variation without boulder delay.

Boulder is plus on block and makes a block trap with vines and earth shatter.

She has decent tools to keep people out but her lack of damage and safe ranged string is a bit :/. Her boulder delay only takes bar if you cancel it, and it cancels instantly.
Glad to see you're dabbling in some Cetrion Pan1c.

About Boulder Delay, what's to stop a teleporter from simply full combo'ing you on reaction for pulling that incredibly slow boulder up and delaying it? Also, how do you find the Rock Shatter to operate in-game, what's good/bad about it? Character has been universally panned while D'Vorah is out there breaking the game so I'm looking for some form of optimism here.