What's new

Cetrion General Discussion Thread

Jordy

Noob
heh guys why does cetrion have (and all the other MK girls) such a huge jaw? can’t they do women’s face less masculine?

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
So they weren't allowed to show her Brutality lol

I like her gameplay.

And they keep mentioning Shinnok. He even goes a bit deep mentioning Kronika's intentions. At this point I think Shinnok at least is playing a role in the story.
But if they keep comparing Cetrion to Shinnok, I suppose he's probably going to be playable. If he is so unpopular as some people say, then some randos watching these videos will start wondering who is Shinnok, "show it to me!" "sounds interesting", and so on.
Shinnok is one of the evilest antagonists in Mortal Kombat. Look at everything he did. In my opinion, he deserves to return again and again.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Shinnok is one of the evilest antagonists in Mortal Kombat. Look at everything he did. In my opinion, he deserves to return again and again.
Shinnok is bae, but characters (and even more so villains) work better in small doses. If he comes back in MK11's story mode I'll be happy because I'll get to play my second favorite MK character while waiting for the first, but he'll most likely just be Kronika's jobber.

And considering what happened to Quan Chi in MKX's story mode I'm not sure how much I want it. I'm still salty about that.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Shinnok is bae, but characters (and even more so villains) work better in small doses. If he comes back in MK11's story mode I'll be happy because I'll get to play my second favorite MK character while waiting for the first, but he'll most likely just be Kronika's jobber.

And considering what happened to Quan Chi in MKX's story mode I'm not sure how much I want it. I'm still salty about that.
Yeah. When you compare MK4/DA Quan Chi to MKX Quan Chi, you can see he was handled very poorly and treated like shit. It's like they're two completely different characters.

Shinnok is meant to win Armageddon according to Kronika, so I expect him to play a role and at least kick some asses.

Lord Snotty

I appreciated Quan Chi being reset as Shinnok's supreme disciple, but he did seem weaker once Shinnok was gone to Amulet Land. I assume in the new timeline Shinnok was the source of Quan Chi's magic?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Yeah. When you compare MK4/DA Quan Chi to MKX Quan Chi, you can see he was handled very poorly and treated like shit. It's like they're two completely different characters.
You honestly just have to look no further back than MK9. All those sinister smiles while he was legit playing the main antagonist like fiddle, now that's a character!

Honestly the MKX writers did a terrible job with their villains. I mean we got to beat the main bad guy in the first chapter, what were they thinking?! And the edgy trasformation at the end wasn't much better.

Luckily Troy Baker is a voice acting God and he managed to still give Shinnok tons of personality, saving the character. I seriously hope they step it up with MK11 though, because now Shang is involved and I'd hate to see him kicked in the nuts by that pathetic excuse for a character that's Sonya.

Shinnok is meant to win Armageddon according to Kronika, so I expect him to play a role and at least kick some asses.
I seriously hope so, but I'm not too optimistic as you can see.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If you check NRS Twitch page right now, their main stream says "The Princess, The Goddess, and the Hive Queen."
Wow, didn't expect that. Looks like i'll be watching after all then. Fingers crossed for actual variations being shown. Curious to see if anything looks different (like updated Jade moves for example) since apparently the prior showing was an old build.

#BuffCetrion

Lord Snotty

Honestly the MKX writers did a terrible job with their villains. I mean we got to beat the main bad guy in the first chapter, what were they thinking?! And the edgy trasformation at the end wasn't much better.
The thing about Shinnok during the initial battle at The Temple is that he wasn't beaten. Not really. Johnny Cage managed to stave him off, but if you go back and rewatch it you see Shinnok standing up literally a second later after the fight. He prepares to kombat again. It wasn't Johnny, it was Raiden's quick thinking with the amulet. Shinnok might have won if they hadn't used the amulet to banish him. Look how effortlessly he took on Johnny and Sonya together. Remember: they beat up Quan Chi and his revenants during Sonya's chapter. Shinnok was a ferocious threat. Until...

I can't really explain how Cassie defeated Corrupted Shinnok other than NRS needed her to win the fight. Maybe Cetrion has a hand in it?

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The thing about Shinnok during the initial battle at The Temple is that he wasn't beaten. Not really. Johnny Cage managed to stave him off, but if you go back and rewatch it you see Shinnok standing up literally a second later after the fight. He prepares to kombat again. It wasn't Johnny, it was Raiden's quick thinking with the amulet. Shinnok might have won if they hadn't used the amulet to banish him. Look how effortlessly he took on Johnny and Sonya together. Remember: they beat up Quan Chi and his revenants during Sonya's chapter. Shinnok was a ferocious threat. Until...
True, but he still got defeated one way or another, and that hurts how fearsome he feels.

I can't really explain how Cassie defeated Corrupted Shinnok other than NRS needed her to win the fight. Maybe Cetrion has a hand in it?
It would be cool if they found some kind of explaination for that actually, many people pointed that out as poor writing after all. I doubt they will though.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
We’re gonna be sitting pretty with our goddesses it looks like.

Her zoning potential is insane.

We don’t even really have to worry about about people getting in.

If they do literally all four elemental auras provide an answer.

You pick earth and they have to eat rocks if they the so much as touch you. You pick water and you can block whatever they’ve hit you with. You pick fire and no matter what they do they have to suffer through DoT. You pick wind and, well, they’re going right back out.

Her projectiles are all nasty good too.

Chunky damage and bit boxes on the boulders and they’re a ranged mix-up, fire beam has a great arch and can be done in the air. The vines are mid(even though they previously said they were low) and track and can be amplified for aditional follow ups. A two hitting full screen low ground pound. And probably the nastiest, the tornado that pushes the enemy back about a dash and a half on BLOCK. Midscreen her reflect knocked away too.

I mean we don’t even know what that weird water gyser ice attack they showed in the trailer does, but I’m betting it’ll be great anyway.

Only issue isn’t that for those of you(not me) who seen only playing ranked, you’re probably only getting 2/4 of those auras.