What's new

Cetrion General Discussion Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
#MakeElderGodsRedheadsAgain

Honestly, what do game devs have against redheads? We don't have ONE proper redhead in MK11. They changed Scarlet after a lot of people criticized her new look, and I get they didn't want Cetrion to look like Poison Ivy (but let's be real she still does) still, she'd look 100x better.

I WANT REDHEADS. WITH CUTE FRECKLES.

I'm so sad people are already hating on Cetrion. FUCK 'EM.

The general reaction is being good so far, most people seem to be okay or happy about her. She looks really cool, and I'm interested in knowing more about her gameplay.
I'm personally indifferent with her design.

Her moves are crazy though.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Moves look cool.
Design and character name couldn't be more boring and less intimidating. If you're an elder God look like one. Her neutral lifeless face and just design of the costume, everything just seems like NRS had 2 minutes to create this character.

She looks like she shops at Whole Foods and potential cat lady. Fanboys/girls/gender neutral/binary people can come hate on me for having a different opinion. Yall need therapy.

I'm sure she will be a fun ass character to play.

I just think NRS didnt go all beyond to give Cetiron some drip.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Moves look cool.
Design and character name couldn't be more boring and less intimidating. If you're an elder God look like one. Her neutral lifeless face and just design of the costume, everything just seems like NRS had 2 minutes to create this character.

She looks like she shops at Whole Foods and potential cat lady. Fanboys/girls/gender neutral/binary people can come hate on me for having a different opinion. Yall need therapy.

Alright Mr. Nightwing, coming in here talking about boring looks when you’re a stan for a character that’s about as far from original design as humanly possible.

I’m sorry Cetrion can’t be as “distinct” as your teenager in plain black spandex with a bright blue birdie on it.

So uhhhh.. no Kombatkast today?
Friday apparently

Moves look cool.

I think a neutral face suits the theme of "i can crush you like a bug" quite well. Why would you show any emotion in defeating an inferior foe?

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I was looking forward to see her, and while I like her design, the thing that I don't like is that rather than being a goddess of life (as she's confirmed now to be the daughter of Kronika and sibling of Shinok, his polar opposite life-death children of time) she's an elemental goddess.

I would've prefered her to stick to plant and water powers. There is too much rock and fire powers around to be labelled as a goddess of life. Of course I guess you could have variations featuring more of some particular elements, but the fact that she has access to all elements breaks it a bit for me.
In a classical philosophy sense, though, those four elements are the building blocks of life. She's the active force of the earth versus Shinnok's cold stagnant death.

Lokheit

Noob
In a classical philosophy sense, though, those four elements are the building blocks of life. She's the active force of the earth versus Shinnok's cold stagnant death.
Yeah I know that but the way Shinok's abilities work I expected a Hades/Persephone power symetry (but as sublings rather than forced matrimony).

Also the move where she sends fire through her plant hair looks too weird... I know burning vines are a thing (Moses) but the way she looks you don't really expect her to be a fire user.

EDIT:

Come to think about it, with the looks, the skin and the use of all elements she's the secret daughter of Poison Ivy and Captain Planet, I guess I can dig that:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Her design is...interesting. I would change up her color scheme so it wouldnt seem like she has hair coming from her shoulders and crotch. Unless u like that kinda 70s look ;)

But fo real fo realz....She looks like my type of bitch. Very keep-away heavy, even more than Skarlet, and a full fucking screen Fatal Blow! I dont know if it tracks. That be GODLIKE! But not completely sold on her look. Regardless, Ms Captain Planet is gonna cause ALOOOOOOT of salt!

Lokheit

Noob
Oh just saw that @JBeezYBabY and @Circus had the Captain Planet idea before me too lol.

I just hope we get a tree transformation brutality ala Don Cheadle parody:

Now that I see her as Captain Planet mixed with Poison Ivy I'm fine with the use of elements. Let it rock (will mostly go for the water and plant ones though).

EDIT: I also want her ending being her giving elemental rings to the kombat kids to call her if the planet needs it.

She's pretty much the most punk rock character in MK history with her vomiting radioactive luminescent piss onto the planet.

Gameplay looks neat. Big hitbox projectile that KBs if it AAs sounds mad good. Same with her aerial fire beam thingy.

Dislike her character design from a visual standpoint. What is it with this game and introducing blue-skinned characters? She seems pretty tame for one of the fabled Elder Gods and her powers don't scream "Goddess of Life" as much as they do "Tremor's Botanic Mother."

That fatality was whack too. It looks like three different fatal ideas crammed into one mess. Why couldn't she have just Gaara'd a bitch inside the rocks? Or stuck with the stomping, which could have been gnarly?

Also, is the info about Kronika giving birth to Elder Gods new? Because that's just silly, man. Get this whack ass Black Zetsu ass antagonist the fuck outta here.

Lokheit

Noob
She's pretty much the most punk rock character in MK history with her vomiting radioactive luminescent piss onto the planet.

Gameplay looks neat. Big hitbox projectile that KBs if it AAs sounds mad good. Same with her aerial fire beam thingy.

Dislike her character design from a visual standpoint. What is it with this game and introducing blue-skinned characters? She seems pretty tame for one of the fabled Elder Gods and her powers don't scream "Goddess of Life" as much as they do "Tremor's Botanic Mother."

That fatality was whack too. It looks like three different fatal ideas crammed into one mess. Why couldn't she have just Gaara'd a bitch inside the rocks? Or stuck with the stomping, which could have been gnarly?

Also, is the info about Kronika giving birth to Elder Gods new? Because that's just silly, man. Get this whack ass Black Zetsu ass antagonist the fuck outta here.
The Kronika part makes sense as time being the mother of life and death.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Oh just saw that @JBeezYBabY and @Circus had the Captain Planet idea before me too lol.

I just hope we get a tree transformation brutality ala Don Cheadle parody:

Now that I see her as Captain Planet mixed with Poison Ivy I'm fine with the use of elements. Let it rock (will mostly go for the water and plant ones though).

EDIT: I also want her ending being her giving elemental rings to the kombat kids to call her if the planet needs it.
HAHAH! I want a Don Cheadle skin damnit! NRS! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

greedface

Beat SonicFox in a first to 100 and I have proof.
She’s more inspired looking than most MK characters, especially most of the “klassics”

Unless you think people like Liu and Johnny are the cutting edge in design, or the ninjas that literally started off in the most uninspired state possible and still share 70% of their outfit motifs.

Now I love these guys, but let’s not start telling blatant lies, this series built on simple conceptual designs and she has more going on than most.
Sorry but saying she looks uninspired doesn't mean I agree with whatever else you wrote in your message. Lol
Liu and Johnny don't need to be the cutting edge in design for her to look bland.

Also, more = compelling? Cool
Lets add spikes, horns n glowing eyes n shit to Johnny Cage that'll make him more cutting edge

Yeah I know that but the way Shinok's abilities work I expected a Hades/Persephone power symetry (but as sublings rather than forced matrimony).

Also the move where she sends fire through her plant hair looks too weird... I know burning vines are a thing (Moses) but the way she looks you don't really expect her to be a fire user.

EDIT:

Come to think about it, with the looks, the skin and the use of all elements she's the secret daughter of Poison Ivy and Captain Planet, I guess I can dig that:

Then, the right power symmetry parallel would be Hades/Demeter, since Persephone wasn’t the one who had power over nature and harvest. It was Demeter’s power that made all of nature start to die, when she was missing Persephone, who was abducted by Hades.

Demeter is also the daughter of Chronos.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I love the sheer variety of moves she can access. I'm glad NRS gifted her with Tremor and Rain moves; she can only improve them, really.