What's new

Match-up Discussion Catwoman Matchup Discussion

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
i'm a bit new to kittygal but my hardest MU atm (aside from the obivous supes and aquaman) is green lantern. right now, i'm just trying to bait his ring slam and try to punish it.
Welcome to my personal hell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
i'm a bit new to kittygal but my hardest MU atm (aside from the obivous supes and aquaman) is green lantern. right now, i'm just trying to bait his ring slam and try to punish it.
Don't try to bait that or Aquaman ground trident with anything except blocking. If you're in range for bf2 it's a guaranteed punish on block against both, if not then take your free dash and be patient. It's hard enough to hit those two, so don't give them anything midscreen that will give them damage if you don't have to.

How are people dealing with Doomsday? Even the scrubbiest randoms give me trouble because if I get knocked down I'm helpless to his jD+3, which even if I manage to block, carries him into a string he can end with one of his little frame traps. :(
every time doomsday does a dash or tele just usa ex back 3 full combo hes easy.

Sirop

Noob
Sinestro and Black Adam are both hard work when they're in good hands. Guess it's the heavy zoners who are a pain.
I agree. Matches against Sinestro, Black Adam or Deathstroke are very difficult. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to counter heavy zoners.

Think I'm about 1000 matches into my novice CW now, and am struggling with aggressive Aquaman, Batman and Flash players of late, probably as there are so many. Lots wait for my selection and go straight for Flash. Batman can zone well enough to break pace and Aquaman's difficult to get in on because of his trident. I'm trying to work the whip attacks in on Flash and Aquafraud, but the latter can zone, so not so effective.

She's loads of fun though, really enjoying the game with her.

Think I'm about 1000 matches into my novice CW now, and am struggling with aggressive Aquaman, Batman and Flash and players of late, probably as there are so many. Lots wait for my selection and go straight for Flash. Batman can zone well enough to break pace and Aquaman's difficult to get in on because of his trident. I'm trying to work the whip attacks in on Flash and Aquafraud, but the latter can zone, so not so effective.

She's loads of fun though, really enjoying the game with her.
Flash is no match for CW, Aquaman on the other hand is hard, you need to do a lot of b12d3 into can stance cancels, if he uses hes trait, Batman, might be 5/5, I have fought many good ones, probably I only lost a several few times.

I'm low level and struggle reading Flash's 50/50s I think. How should she deal with him?

Bat's bats are pretty effective at keeping her away and I've played some super-aggressive ones that just don't give you the let-up with his rushdown attacks. Looking forward to the incoming DS nerf as well..

otter

Noob
Aquaman on the other hand is hard, you need to do a lot of b12d3 into can stance cancels
Can you elaborate on this? you mean if they block the string do cat stance instead of cat scratch? what do you do from there? how does it help with aquaman's trait?

Is it that b12d3 can't be interrupted and that the pounce adds an overhead to the lows; he can't use WaterOfLife to escape? Might be wrong

I think the pounce is an overhead, but it ends in a knockdown; the cartwheel bounces; not sure about the whip

Wait for Ragnarok, as I don't actually know what I'm talking about :D

Ninj

I think the pounce is an overhead, but it ends in a knockdown; the cartwheel bounces; not sure about the whip

Wait for Ragnarok, as I don't actually know what I'm talking about :D
Neither. Pounce is mid, whip is high.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ninj

otter no a High hit hits High - ducking evades these moves. Unless you're jailed into blocking the hit from a previous move (for instance, a jump-in 1 for some characters may jail your opponent into blocking a following High hit, if input in the correct timing). Overhead is an overhead, meaning blocking low won't block the move.

ButtonMan cartwheel is a launcher, yes. A multihit launcher, which has implications for juggling (opposed to D2 which is a single hit launcher).

Can you elaborate on this? you mean if they block the string do cat stance instead of cat scratch? what do you do from there? how does it help with aquaman's trait?
you can do b12d3 catstance 1, it will be safe, if you do it a few times they will automatically block after the d3 and respect the catstance 1, that opens up the new mix up our o do it again or u do f112, aquaman is hard to deal whit, the anti air d2 is too good, and I like to jump.

Eh, I'm hard-pressed to call it a 5-5 right now, but my opinion might change with more experience. GL's b1 is an amazing footsie tool, and she can't j2 because of his lift. Once the meta-game evolves GL's will have to be a little more careful, especially since CW can interrupt b13 for a full combo, but until then whiff punishing is really all she has in the MU, and that in and of itself requires a lot of mistakes to be made on the GL's part. We'll see though :)
I agree, I am a pretty good g.l main and I consider this even matchup. The only move that actually pushed this to almost being in my advantage against my friend knowing all the different resets was the trait gatlin option being overpowered as a zoning tool against her, eradicates the threat of her meterburn dash attack. I just can't take him to stages like atlantis for a good winning formula cause the rails add an extra dynamic to her game I don't want to handle.

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
Eh, I'm hard-pressed to call it a 5-5 right now, but my opinion might change with more experience. GL's b1 is an amazing footsie tool, and she can't j2 because of his lift. Once the meta-game evolves GL's will have to be a little more careful, especially since CW can interrupt b13 for a full combo, but until then whiff punishing is really all she has in the MU, and that in and of itself requires a lot of mistakes to be made on the GL's part. We'll see though
Im calling it 5-5 because:
1.GL needs meter to AA Catwoman on reaction- trying AA her jmp 2 with LM is always very risky for Lantern.
2.He can keep her out, but once she`s in he has hard time to get out. I dont know how u actually punish his b1,3 with full combo, there is only 1f gap string. Maybe u mean B1,2 but all characters are able to punish it.
3. GL has limited setups against her upclose b1,3-GG, risky and shitty b1,3-trait-(GG)LM, MB-b3\f3. Setups with Ex-rockets dont work on CW at all-explosion always whiffs.

Explosion of oa rocket explosion wiffing is borderline irrelevant, while that limits the two meter combo game, most g.l mains rely on simple 1m combos for 31-45%, with guaranteed reset options, since you pretty much can't wake up attack out of meter burn lantern might. This means she will truly have no choice but to guess between four options on a cross up wake up. That is a nightmare. Commit to b1 threat you eat a potential grab or f3 for 12%-34% with no meter used on his account, and he still has frame advantage on your wake up. And not committing to b1 is just suicide. That being said Catwoman has the same type of cross up style for meter, but is limited greatly once g.l gets space for his zoning game, add that in with b.s interactive and g.l corner carry combos and you start to see the tide start to slightly favor g.l, I only say 5/5 because I am rational enough to know my opinion may be biased as a g.l main, even though I see a 5.5/4.5 or 6/4 in my favor. She is still not a character to sleep on, there is just more knowledge on g.l than her right now.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Deathstroke match up is not easy but Catwoman wins that one even before the buff... you only need to block low.. Try to get close slowly and wait a mistake of him to use EX cat dash... If your are a bit closer you just need to predict his projectile... Jump a bit before with ji2 and full combo... You must NEVER use miau against this bitch... Trust me... You will be a pain in the ass for Deathstroke... Ohh and every Deathstroke player wakes up with his air spin (idk the name lol) it's unsafe af! Just use D1-cat claws and full combo that bitch :)

Sinestro match up is one of the hardest :c His zoning is a pain in the ass for Catwoman... You literaly can't use any of your best tools against him :c No cat dash, no miau (his zoning hits mid ;_; so you can't evide it with D) he can easily charge his trait against her... If you try to foward dash and that bitch predicts it he will use his rock :c... One of her worst match ups definitely

Killer Frost match up is a wild one too, her daggers are easy to evade... But the problem is her iceberg... So i would suggest you to NEVER use miau against her... Badly punished! Also you can get close if you predict her iceberg... My suggestions.. Jump the iceberg and as soon as you touch the floor use cat dash! (Trust me, if you're fast the Killer Frost player won't use iceberg that much) i suggest to finish all your combos with 1,F2 ALWAYS we must use all our oportunities to full combo her! Abuse her vortex in this one... When the Killer Frost player fail a slide use B1,2,D3 (That bitch can not parry this one) and full combo her :)

Grundy match up is a big deal for us... Never use Cat dash out of a combo against him, he can use his armors and punish us pretty bad... I would suggest you to jump in with 2 at a long range and then straight whip (ji2 will break the armor and the whip will hit him) always block low against him and if you have the life lead... Don't get close to him... If he tries to get close with his armored walk... Do (ji2~straight whip too)

Wonder Woman match up is one of my favorites.. I can proudly say that this match up is 6-5 for Catwoman... If you have the life lead don't get close to her NEVER! If she tries to use her air BF3 just wait and use high whip... If she tries to get close via ground... Use low whip... And try to finish all your combos with cat stance~3

The flash match up is 6-5 and Catwoman wins this one too... If he uses his running man stance just wait him to run close and use low whip... Trust me... He will think it twice to get close after that... When you are up close against him just try to predic his vortex... At 1/2 range of screen against him... Jump in with 2 and full combo with F112

Green Lantern match up... Is one of the hardest ones full screen... U.U his zoning beats us badly... Try to never use miau against him... He can MB his projectile BUT always use miau against his air projectile Up close is a 5-5 match up... Just wait him to fail a lift and use her vortex... Also finish all your combos with 1,F2... Get close and he will wake up with lift thinking that we are going to use the vortex... Block the lift and once again...

The Aquaman match up is sadly a 9-1 for Aquaman :c We can't do nothing against his zoning... And up close he beats us :c so my suggests are to use every oportunitie to combo him... And predict his DB1, B1 or F2 :c (a hard challenge lol)
I can also say that our stage selction DECIDES our number os oportunities... NEVER pick stages like Atlantis, Gotham City(second stage) or The Watchtower because if he zones you all day... Your challenge is to get close until he gets to corner... If you're in any of those stages... He can zone you and even when he is at corner you can't do anything because of the interactibles :c

I will post more later... I really hope this helps someone :)

Um correct me if I am wrong but did you mean 6/4 on a lot of those, if so a simple edit would fix it. And g.l Catwoman is a matchup neither one wants to do, and wakeup LM is almost always doomed to fail no matter who he does it against, that is why you do something so stupid with him it may work like wake up oa rocket or gatlin, or even crazier, wakeup blocking like you played the game before and realize almost every wake up option is a bad idea.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Um correct me if I am wrong but did you mean 6/4 on a lot of those, if so a simple edit would fix it. And g.l Catwoman is a matchup neither one wants to do, and wakeup LM is almost always doomed to fail no matter who he does it against, that is why you do something so stupid with him it may work like wake up oa rocket or gatlin, or even crazier, wakeup blocking like you played the game before and realize almost every wake up option is a bad idea.
Umm idk... The Green Lantern players i've played wake up with lift, like when i wrote... ONLY when they see i get close after 1,F2 to use vortex :) and i didin't write 6/4 on every match up o.o

Aldo i didn't mesn 6/4 o.o Killer Frost beats her 8/2 i only gave some tips that work for m, the Sinestro MU i'm not sure if it's 9-1 or 8-2.. The Flash mu is 6-4 for Cats...

Aqua man is a pretty bad matchup, not many of her combos knock him into the air to make his trait useless, and his reach is a sin against her, and jumping on him is forbidden. At least 7/3 him down the line, but her ability to save meter still makes it possible, along with good damage.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Aqua man is a pretty bad matchup, not many of her combos knock him into the air to make his trait useless, and his reach is a sin against her, and jumping on him is forbidden. At least 7/3 him down the line, but her ability to save meter still makes it possible, along with good damage.
Yes, one of her worst ones definitely... Our goal is to put Aquaman in the corner to punish that fgt! <3 That's why stages decide our future ;__; and it's a 9/1 Match Up... :c Jumping on him is fool because his ground trident hits even in jump ;___; that's what i really hate about him... :c Up-close he definitely beats her pretty bad

Ohh... And here is a little tip... When you get close jump in with 2 and then Cat dash.. That puts him in the air and fk his trait