What's new

Guide Catch Me If You Can -- The Flash General Discussion Thread

I juuust started toying around with The Flash.. he could be pretty fun.

Have people already been exploring his safe-jump setups off a combo ending in Lightning Charge? It grants a hard knockdown, and if you walk forward a smidge before jumping forward, you can land right in front of the enemy to block wake-up attacks, or you can do a jump-in attack to stuff whatever they were trying. The jump-in won't stuff everything, but it's pretty funny using ji2 to stuff wake-up supers that have armour.

Was just experimenting with Nightwing's wake-up attacks and it worked fairly well. He did have one with enough invincibility AND hit fast enough that it would punish a jump-in attack, but you could still bait it and block.

Sry if that's already been discussed... just seemed kinda neat.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Shoutouts to NRS for having a concept outfit for The Flash that was Elecman from Mega Man.

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
Flash is one of my mains. I don't know if anyone has noticed that flash can use his character power right after a df1MB for extra damage. I figured out earlier. I might be late. But I thought I would share it with you guys. I think it is a decent combo setup for 40% damage or higher depending on how you mixup your combos. You can use any combo string that leads into df1MB then use your character power right after. I tend to button mash 4 after df1MB lol. Because I usually can't time the character power. But tapping 4 works magic. Immediately after you press 4 go into b3 then from there you can combo your ass off. Alot of people have hard time doing combos in the flash's character power. A good starting string is 3,2 since from there you can let them become flash waist level before doing the combo. You could also repeat this string and continue into other stuff within Flash's character power. I thought I'd make a video to show you what I was talking about.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Congrats TYM. Maximillian is maining The Flash and gives you all some props in his ranked match vid.

Post dem combos. They make-a da man happy.

Anybody else go for f2 on peoples wakeup? It seems like everytime I do this and go into LK I end up getting LC instead of LK. I know I'm doing the moves correctly but only online I get punished for something I'm not trying to do. I have been playing fighting games for years and inputs have not been an issue. Does the game have some kind of lame shortcut system? Its odd I hit 2 once and get f2 LC lol. That frame drop online I assume

LEGEND

YES!
Anybody else go for f2 on peoples wakeup? It seems like everytime I do this and go into LK I end up getting LC instead of LK. I know I'm doing the moves correctly but only online I get punished for something I'm not trying to do. I have been playing fighting games for years and inputs have not been an issue. Does the game have some kind of lame shortcut system? Its odd I hit 2 once and get f2 LC lol. That frame drop online I assume
it could be that you have Release Check on, check your controller options

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Hey guys. I decided to pick up flash, since he was my original main back when the game was announced.

Just wanted to get the feel of him so I wanted tto ask some questions?

What are his best pressure strings? does he have frame traps? Most reliable punished? Basic, but damaging bnb? When is it best to use trait? Things like that lol.

I've been in the lab for about an HR now and I think I have some footsies down and whatnot. Just wanna learn a bit more before I take him competitively

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Ok guys I got a big problem with Flash and I hope some of you will be able to help me.

I have big trouble against people who abuses of the d1 close to close. I can't counterpoke with flash's d1 since it's too short and seems to have no priority. The only way I have is too wait for the pushback to try something. Any tips would be welcome. =)

Ok guys I got a big problem with Flash and I hope some of you will be able to help me.

I have big trouble against people who abuses of the d1 close to close. I can't counterpoke with flash's d1 since it's too short and seems to have no priority. The only way I have is too wait for the pushback to try something. Any tips would be welcome. =)
Backdash

LEGEND

YES!
Hey guys. I decided to pick up flash, since he was my original main back when the game was announced.

Just wanted to get the feel of him so I wanted tto ask some questions?

What are his best pressure strings? does he have frame traps? Most reliable punished? Basic, but damaging bnb? When is it best to use trait? Things like that lol.

I've been in the lab for about an HR now and I think I have some footsies down and whatnot. Just wanna learn a bit more before I take him competitively
Check the out this thread http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-flash-tech-discussion-thread.30615/

Haven't gotten around to updating it for a few days. Might end up doing it tomorrow

VOR

Noob
I've used a few characters (WW, Doomsday, Batman, Black Adam) and now Flash. I've actually had the most fun with Flash. He seems like a character who might be really good in the long run. On the inside he feels like a counter poking machine.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Is anyone else experiencing Flash going right through his oppenents when he does running man into lightning charge, in the corner?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Is anyone else experiencing Flash going right through his oppenents when he does running man into lightning charge, in the corner?
Yes there is already a thread about it and it's only working on "flying opponents " such superman, BA, GL etc..

Hmm, there isn't really a combo thread so I'll post this here.

Nothing particularly special, mostly useful for new Flash players I guess.

how should we be using flashes trait? should we be anti-airing with it??????? doing it on their wakeup... im assuming there are so many uses for this trait...

how should we be using flashes trait? should we be anti-airing with it??????? doing it on their wakeup... im assuming there are so many uses for this trait...
I tend to do it mid combo to extend my combos for MASSIVE damage. Sometimes if I've trained my opponent to block low, I'll F3 on their wake-up immediately into speed force trait combo.

You never really have to sit on Flashes trait since it refills so fast. I'm sure there's other uses like getting in on zoners with it but I never have trouble with that and use it to open enemies up and makes my combos devestating usually.

I tend to do it mid combo to extend my combos for MASSIVE damage. Sometimes if I've trained my opponent to block low, I'll F3 on their wake-up immediately into speed force trait combo.

You never really have to sit on Flashes trait since it refills so fast. I'm sure there's other uses like getting in on zoners with it but I never have trouble with that and use it to open enemies up and makes my combos devestating usually.
yeah but punishing a jump from full-screen is too useful. its important too fully explore this trait.

I pretty much use it for combos, it makes a massive difference to damage, as I showed in the video above; 41% for a difficult 1 meter combo, 58% for a 1 meter + trait combo of about the same difficulty.

I sometimes use it when I am fullscreen as well to get in, I honestly haven't found it all that useful up close though.

Fear_Me

Noob
I often use the trait as a tool to create offense, especially when I have no meter to spend.
If I hit with a f21 and have no meter, I cancel the f21 into trait. The frame advantage is pretty big, so you get to run his 50/50 into a meterless combo, which will build you a bar so you have something to work with when the trait is over.

Example: f21, trait. Then I mostly go into another f21 which they have to block. If they block it, I go into d12, which can only be interrupted by super.
If the f21 hits I go into my combo of choice. Mostly its f21 into db3, df1, df1, df1, 32 lightning charge which does ~42% and builds a good amount of meter.

There are too many options for me to type once f21 trait gets going. Just wanna give you guys an idea.

PS: First post after almost 2 years of lurking. Hello TYM

LEGEND

YES!
I'm curious as to what other characters you flashers xD are playing. I'm having trouble choosing my alts
Flash doesn't need any Alts imo, i don't think he has a single bad match-up. Possibly some 4-6s, but its too early to tell

My only real alternate character that is any good atm is Green Arrow, and so far i don't see any match-ups where going with him over the Flash is a good idea.

Flash doesn't need any Alts imo, i don't think he has a single bad match-up. Possibly some 4-6s, but its too early to tell

My only real alternate character that is any good atm is Green Arrow, and so far i don't see any match-ups where going with him over the Flash is a good idea.