What's new

Castle Golf Fight Night -- Lucky #7 03/08/08

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
Ed, PS2 stick looks great. I'll talk to a few guys. I know either Shock or Summoning might bring thier 360's so we'll see. Once I have a handle within the next few days I'll let you know.

Shock or Summoning, can either or both of you guys bring 360's? We're gonna need at least 2 TV's maybe 3 if we have 3 360's.

If not, I'll bring my other xbox 360 with SF Anniversary collection so people can use the 360 Capcom stick on that.
my xbox is flakey i just got it back from repair. I will try to borrow my brother in laws before he ebays it. should be no problem. I believe shock is bringing sticks since i dont have an mk one yet ( still being made by the mighty arcade ed! )

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I might check out some of the other games, about how many players turn out for them?

Noob
Shock, there was close to 60 people there last time. I know there's going to be a Super Turbo tournament and a SF3 3rd Strike Tournament. If someone wants to bring a PS2(modded) and a TV, I have Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and we can play Alpha 1/2/Alpha 2 Gold/3 Double Upper/Hyper Street Fighter Alpha.

MK9

Noob
still playing??? i never learned. only game i wish i learned. when u, lori, jim, joe vid were playing that i was playing umk3 all night.

is wayne going??

summoning

still playing??? i never learned. only game i wish i learned. when u, lori, jim, joe vid were playing that i was playing umk3 all night.

is wayne going??
yes wayne is going for sure im stopping by his place then we going together in 2 cars

i still play ki1

we have to dig up dave and lori somehow

Hey guys, this is John, I run the events at Castle Golf. Just wanted to stick my head into this forum now that I just started playing UMK3. I'll be playing in the tournament and getting my ass handed to me, but I'm expecting it to be fun. I mainly just run 3rd Strike since it's my main fighting game, so if you have any 3S questions, please feel free to PM me or IM me!

summoning

need confirmed start times

5pm sharp for umk3?

when does sf3 start, do you have sticks for sf3?

thanks!

Noob
John, great to see you on here, even better to hear you're participating in the UMK3 tourney. Contact me later for more info on plaques and awards and we'll get that set up and ready. I'll also talk to you about final details on tournament format and awards for the UMK3 tourney.

I know the doors for Castle Golf open for setting up and casuals around noon, and I'm not 100% sure of my work situation on the 8th(I may have to work till noon or 1pm, not sure). If I have to work, then I'll be there no later than 3pm, if I'm not working, I'll be there setting up between noon and 1. Otherwise, last time people were there around 3-4pm and that's when casuals started. I think we got the tournament underway around 5:30-6ish. I'd say that between 5 and 5:30 is a good start time for the tournament, with as many casuals as necessary before that.

Right now, for UMK, here's my have/need list.

Have:
1 Xbox 360 with wired HoriPad EX Turbo
1 Xbox 360 Arcade in a Box MK Stick(provided by Ed to be taken home by the winner)
1 19 inch TV for the 360.
2 Xbox 360 Arcade in a Box MK Sticks provided by Shock
MKVids is coming, he may or may not bring his stick.
Frankie is coming, he may or may not bring his stick.(if both of you can, that's great because we may be able to run the tournament on 2 tv's and 2 systems with 4 sticks).
1 or 2 Surge protectors.
Camera and tripod for filming.

Need:
Another 360 with UMK on it and all three hidden chars unlocked(we can do that there)
Another TV
Can someone bring another surge protector?
Extension cords. If 3 people bring one, we'll be set.
A second camera/tripod setup, especially if we have 2 tv's and systems going at the same time.

Summoning, Ed is sending me 1, possibly 2 demo sticks. 1 of them is definitely for the PS2 and will be primarilly used for demos and playing in the 3s tournament. Look in this thread for the pic of the stick he's sending me for the ps2.

Guys, this tournament seems to be growing each day, we may have as many as 15+ by game time. That being the case, we're gonna need another TV and another system. Please do your best to help out and bring one. I don't have a second TV to bring that would be worth playing on, as the only other option I have is a measly 13". I have a second 360, but it's modded and doesn't have a hard drive, so I don't have UMK3 on it, so it's pointless to bring it for use in the tournament.

Ed is possibly sending me a 360 Capcom stick. This being the case, he would like me to put the stick out for demo use, and I may bring my second 360 along with Street Fighter Anniversary Collection so people can try Super Turbo and 3rd Strike with the 360 Capcom stick. I will prob. bring the 13" TV for this purpose.

Recently, people have been playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 quite a bit(mainly myself, Shock, Summoning, and DreemerNJ). If people want, lets work out another gaming station with a TV, a MODDED PS2, and Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. We'd be able to play casuals(and maybe even hold a tournament) in SFA3 Upper or Hyper Street Fighter Alpha.

I need to get this organized...so please realize my priority is the UMK3 tourney. Before any SF/Capcom stuff, I need 2 systems and 2 TV's. I'm providing one of each. Whomever can help, please contact me.

My girlfriend suggested, and I think we're going to do it, that we get a big dry-erase board and put the brackets up on that. Depends on how many people we actually have competing I think.

If you plan to play in more than one tournament, please let me know. I need to keep an eye on things...last time we had a little jumping around to do in order to keep things moving and people warm for their tournament matches.

I'm personally playing in:
UMK3
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Possibly Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike.
Possibly SFA3 if we run it.

-Phil

dreemernj

Ambassador
lol, I suck at A3. But if I can make it I would really enjoy playing it anyway.

I really need to make a keyboard controller somehow. But just making one can be a real pain, and making one that'll work with 360 and PS2 is just pure insanity.

Still, I might try to throw something together with a DS1 PCB and continue trying to get used to the stick for UMK3. I've got 3 DS1 PCB's chilling here still that I haven't done anything yet. And that's no good ;-)

Noob
Dreemer, if you can use a Pad, the Hori Pad is a great choice. It's basically the 360 controller but the Dpad is a Snes dpad, so nobody has to use the stick for UMK3.

It'd be great if you can make it though.

dreemernj

Ambassador
The stick for UMK3 isn't too big a deal, but I know I can't play a SF game on a stick or a pad, at least not without getting used to them again. The keyboard is just too good

Noob
The stick for UMK3 isn't too big a deal, but I know I can't play a SF game on a stick or a pad, at least not without getting used to them again. The keyboard is just too good
LOL... that's cool. I feel the same way about my PS2 Saturn pad for Street Fighter. Anyway, Dreemer, check your PM's when you can.

Lmao, this turnout keeps looking better and better. It looks like this shits gonna be mad fun. So phil, you got a rollcall for all ppl confirmed yet?

Tim Static

Adminerator
So Tim, what time should we expect you to arrive? LOL

Probably sometime summer of 08, hahahaha.

If I had somebody to ride with that has a decent car, I'd be there for sure, but my van is on the rocks and waiting for tax refunds to get some repairs done, as well as getting a nice laptop. :)

Cla

Noob
Hey everyone. I'm the guy who started the Castle Fight Nights. I'm glad to see them doing so well and growing. Hope I can drop by again after I get my car in May.

Big kudos on the awesome stick giveaway!