What's new

Castle Golf Fight Night -- Lucky #7 03/08/08

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Congratulations to Joe for winning his first UMK3 tournament that I'm aware of and taking home the Custom Arcade in a Box UMK3 Stick.

1. Joe
2. Shock
3. MKvids
4. 9.95
6. Nit
6. Steve
8. Lance
8. LI Maverick
10. Kyle
10. Kevin
10. John
10. Walter
14. Jason
14. Reg

I have the vids on discs from this and the last CG tournament plus some casuals from the Break. I'll go through and try to convert them as easily as possible so I can upload them as is to the site. I have still yet to go through the NEC8 vids, I will try to get to them too.

Thanks to everyone who showed up. Very nice turnout, probably the best pound for pound compared to the whole group of players for all games there's been in a while. I had a great time and look forward to future tournaments, I hope everyone else did as well.

Damn Frank!! Congrats on taking 3rd.. must have been practicing a good amount hehe. Sorry I didnt stop down. It just wasnt happening. I had no one to go with me, other priorities, then my basement 1/2 flooded which took 2 hours outta today.... If my basement didnt flood I probably would have stopped down for a bit. Either way sounds like fun.

Damn shock, you didnt win... surprising given the peeps there... Kiki AKA game said he was goin with crazy and DJ Eric, I guess they didnt. Ah well, next time I'll see yall.

MK9

Noob
first off glad to see everyone again, still the reason why consoles will never replace the arcades.

i left before the finals, i was surprised to see shock lost, since he bested joe's human smoke earlier with ease it seemed. maybe shock didnt mirror him in the finals, like he did prior.

thanks frankie, i had some luck on my side, right Li mavrick :) stick to mileena vs me.

ed nice sticks, i had only two complaints. not really complaints but things that effect me. i kept catching that top button with my finger, so for me it was in a bad spot. and the way i lay my hand on the overlay, it dig into my palm on the bottom, its to short for me. the construction and look of them are great though. love what u use to print the graphics on.

nit will have to get some subby/cyraxs online, maybe the lag will be decent. ill learn ki when it comes out for xbla :)

first off glad to see everyone again, still the reason why consoles will never replace the arcades.

i left before the finals, i was surprised to see shock lost, since he bested joe's human smoke earlier with ease it seemed. maybe shock didnt mirror him in the finals, like he did prior.

thanks frankie, i had some luck on my side, right Li mavrick :) stick to mileena vs me.

ed nice sticks, i had only two complaints. not really complaints but things that effect me. i kept catching that top button with my finger, so for me it was in a bad spot. and the way i lay my hand on the overlay, it dig into my palm on the bottom, its to short for me. the construction and look of them are great though. love what u use to print the graphics on.

nit will have to get some subby/cyraxs online, maybe the lag will be decent. ill learn ki when it comes out for xbla :)
You mean there wasn't enough wood between the joystick and the front edge? I can seee that. I'm working on some new designs now, hopefully they will address that (and the buttons above the stick thing).

MK9

Noob
yes thats what i mean, but that was me, i dont no if anyone else felt that problem. the buttons on top its just the first one, i guess u try to center them above the stick, but its deff in the way, nit hit hit a couple of times too.

LI_Joe

Noob
Whats up everyone. Joe posting here. I would like to first thank John for getting this together and Phill (9.95) for doing a lot for the tournament and the players there. Most of all though I gotta thank shock for all the hard work and effort he put into the UMK3 community, keeping it alive. Good games to everyone I played especially Nit and shock. I had a great time as usual. MMMMAAAAJOOOOOR shout outs to Nit. Its always a pleasure re-living some of my best childhood memories with you on UMK and KI... Good shit man. Ill see everyone at the next tourny.

Noob
Same for you phil- but you deff got alot better
Kev, I think it was your Mileena I beat, wasn't it? I know I beat your Lao to advance, but you used Mileena initially against me. She's good, but your Lao is better.

Whats up everyone. Joe posting here. I would like to first thank John for getting this together and Phill (9.95) for doing a lot for the tournament and the players there. Most of all though I gotta thank shock for all the hard work and effort he put into the UMK3 community, keeping it alive. Good games to everyone I played especially Nit and shock. I had a great time as usual. MMMMAAAAJOOOOOR shout outs to Nit. Its always a pleasure re-living some of my best childhood memories with you on UMK and KI... Good shit man. Ill see everyone at the next tourny.
Joe, great to see you on here, I hope you get the chance to post on here more often. It was great seeing you, playing you, and watching you play. Great job last night and congrats. Enjoy the stick! I hope this means that I'll see you for some UMK3 on live alot now. Great H. Smoke matches that we played... really looking forward to Castle Golf 8 now.

Thanks once again to ArcadEd. We used Shock's sticks for the most part b/c they are well broken in. I think Joe's new stick is going to get ALOT of use and be well broken in for next tourney.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
First set with me and Joe was all Smoke vs Smoke, later I tried some other characters because Joe was adapting to my Smoke (he plays similarly to me), so I tried Smoke, Sindel, Ermac, Kabal, Kung Lao and I believe Reptile in the finals. The battery died on the camera during the last set unfortunately and that went the full 5 matches, last round, last hit. The crushing blow was when I accidentally did a hat throw at point blank range with Kung Lao! I was like "WOAH I didn't dot that!!!!" - classic. Joe and I both swept eachother 3-0 in our other sets.

Nit got three 90% + Cyrax combos over the course of the night, one being a 99% in casuals. I got some wicked corner combos with Jax on Shang Tsung and I think a 73% Sindel combo at some point with a flight cancel. I'll have to run through the vids.

Noob
First set with me and Joe was all Smoke vs Smoke, later I tried some other characters because Joe was adapting to my Smoke (he plays similarly to me), so I tried Smoke, Ermac, Kabal, Kung Lao and I believe Reptile in the finals. The battery died on the camera during the last set unfortunately and that went the full 5 matches, last round, last hit. The crushing blow was when I accidentally did a hat throw at point blank range with Kung Lao! I was like "WOAH I didn't dot that!!!!" - classic. Joe and I both swept eachother 3-0 in our other sets.
Yeah, that hat was a killer... came outta nowhere and Joe punished it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Good stuff guys, can't wait for the vids but as usual take your time Shock.

I'm working on getting up some footage of the MKII Kaillera P2P tourney we had last night as well. I am only able to get the footage from the matches I played in and X820 is making a vid collaboration of the rest of the footage he has via MAME INP files.

Congrats Joe and glad to see you are still playing MKVids!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I am uploading videos now in chunks as is. Even though the videos are broken up and digital to begin with, it's still a pain in the ass to convert them. I sometimes truly hate video editing. I can't save them with any compression from mov format because it makes them look like total crap, so what I have to do is save them as full quality avis, no recompression making them about 2 gigs a piece when they are done, then I have to convert them again to avi.

They are basically all recorded as full sets best of 5, so I'm leaving them like that. The files will be bigger but there will be 3 to 5 matches in them. The folder is cg7 in the match vids section. If there are any errors or excess footage like vs the CPU after sets and what not please let me know so I can fix them. I am trying to edit them down as much as I can.

Edit correction, Joe and I was 3-1 in our first set. Pretty good Smoke vs Smoke but I have to teach him some better Smoke combos.

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
Guys that was so much fun , It was really amazing to see all the old school guys out there .
Phil you did a wonderful job putting it all together. My highlight casual cyrax combos of course didnt get on video :( lol

The finals with shock and joe were really great matches there was one before the finals vs shock and joe which shock got a human smoke combo of 61%

Shout outs to joe, lance ( castle golf staff ) and all who went out.

Mkvids we will play some more online for sure

ArcadeED: quick note on sticks , i was hitting that button a few times as well screwed up momentum on one of my matches especially. But the sticks are awesome thank you for making it possible for us people who can not play on the pad at all have some life in umk3 again

Noob
One more quick thank you...

I wanted to thank my girlfriend Melissa again. I was playing in 3 tournaments and Shock played in 2. Kyle was in 2 as well, plus Joe was in like 6 tournaments as usual. I wanted to thank her for basically running the UMK3 tourney. Once things got crazy and people were all over the place she really did well in tracking people down and making the tournament run very smoothly.

summoning

One more quick thank you...

I wanted to thank my girlfriend Melissa again. I was playing in 3 tournaments and Shock played in 2. Kyle was in 2 as well, plus Joe was in like 6 tournaments as usual. I wanted to thank her for basically running the UMK3 tourney. Once things got crazy and people were all over the place she really did well in tracking people down and making the tournament run very smoothly.
Yes Cheers to melissa who ran the umk3 tourney, and let us slip some casuals in the middle for all the mia people playing the other tournaments in there. That's the kinda scene that i missed from years ago!

LI_Joe

Noob
I played on the stick at my friends house last night for about 2 hours give or take. The stick is wonderful I must say. Really feels great from the stick itself to the button layout. Ill be on live a lot more now (gamertag: iloveu)

Noob
Awesome, I'm glad you like the stick. Hopefully we'll get to play some more H.Smoke matches in the near future...those were some great ones.

summoning

I played on the stick at my friends house last night for about 2 hours give or take. The stick is wonderful I must say. Really feels great from the stick itself to the button layout. Ill be on live a lot more now (gamertag: iloveu)
Joe it will be great for you to get on live and really play , its really great after all these years of playing you still play all the games :)

this weekend was great my friend, I should be out there regularly in the summer

Sucks i had to leave before finals. But yeah, I went smoke then mil then lao.

Mileena is more of a wtf who uses her suprise factor. Most ppl have no idea how to play against her, similar to nit's retardedly good cyrax.

summoning

Mileena is more of a wtf who uses her suprise factor. Most ppl have no idea how to play against her, similar to nit's retardedly good cyrax.
LI: after years of playing this game i got worse and worse unable to adapt to the new style of play. So I play characters that noone really plays just to keep the better players off balance maybe i can sneak a win in here and there when it counts. I say keep up with mileena why not you could get great with her but play on a STICK man!!!! :)

Noob

Kev, your Mileena is very good, but you should use her against the people who don't know you. I've played your Mileena before, so I had a very good idea of how to play her...don't let that deter you though...you're very good with her and should continue to elevate your game with her.

Nit, your Cyrax is just nasty.

summoning

to bad subby figured out cyrax :)

who wants games tonight?? ill put down mka for a night.
i got other tricks with him you know i still believe he kills sub , i got a ton of work to do tonight maybe later how long you going to be on ? Can you DL mame already?:) xbox sucks