What's new

Castle Golf Fight Night -- Lucky #7 03/08/08

Noob
Just wanted to let everyone know that I recieved the UMK3 stick from Ed today!!!

Ed also sent me a PS2 demo stick with sanwa options for use for Street Fighter, I recieved that today as well.

Noob
Ok, here's what I have as a list of defs and potentials so far. I'm going to follow up on people, so if you're saying you're going to go, please make sure you let me know on here. I'm trying to coordinate 2 TV's and 2 360's(I'm providing one of each) so we have a fast and smooth tournament on Saturday.

here's what we have so far:

1. 9.95
2. Styroteqe
3. Shock
4. Summoning
5. LI Maverick
6. MKvids dot net
7. Joe
8. John(LI3s)
9. SPIC UNIT

Lance, the Castle Golf owner will be there. I know summoning is bringing like 2 or 3 people, and that Kiki aka Game gave me positive confirmation that he and DJ Eric will be there as well(and that means Crazy Dominican is a possibility as well...Kiki told me last night that he should be there if Kiki and DJ are there). I'm also waiting on confirmation from Buttman V3 as well as 2 of my friends who may play. Frankie will be there, but mainly only to chill, he prob. won't play in the tourney though.

Pls. reply on here if you know for sure you're in.

PM me your cell # again so we can connect on the day... I can't do a pickup from the train station, but we'll see if we can get it worked out or if I can get you directions from there
Phil,
Spic Unit has one of my sticks too if you were still looking for another one for the tourney

MK9

Noob
comming from the guy who was 5yrs old when the game was played how it should be played, on arcade machines.

Noob
I'm only just getting used to the stick again... I played it in arcades all the time when it came out, but then I haven't seen the arcade sticks for like 11 years... till I was at the break a month ago. I'm still getting used to it, but I'll def. be using the pad at CG7 for the tournament. I'll use the stick for some of the casuals. It's gonna take me a long time to get to a competative level with the stick, but I'm willing to commit to it in order to be equally proficient with the pad and the stick.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I have had stick accessibility for virtually every game system I've ever owned so it's always been there for me. NES Advantage, SNES Advantage, PSX Blaze, PSX - DC converter so I could use it on there. Stick players at console tournaments for any game generally outnumber pad players 4 to 1. It's at least 3 - 1 in MK, sometimes 4, and in other games it's probably 4 or 5 to 1.

Noob
Stick players at console tournaments for any game generally outnumber pad players 4 to 1. It's at least 3 - 1 in MK, sometimes 4, and in other games it's probably 4 or 5 to 1.
gonna have to QFT here. At the last CG tourney I was astounded to see all the people carrying personal sticks for the 3rd Strike tournament. Those new to the the tourney this time will see it too...there were easly 5-1 on stick to pad players.

Pfff Mkvids. I still wooped you :O I have played Arcade Sticks in the past, I just feel awkward with them, not like i own one or anything. BUT I SHALL WIN THIS TOURNAMENT AND GET ME 1.

Also I might be bringing 1 or 2 ppl with me. Maybe even a 3rd

damn i still cant find a ride to the castle club im just gonna walk up there but i herd its gonna rain all day tomorrow so anybody that has room if they can please pick me up from ronkonkoma that will help.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Nit, Kyle and I should be there around 4-4:30PMish hopefully. I'll know for certain tomorrow morning. I'll try and play in the 3rd Strike tournament as well and get some real experience for Hugo.

Hope to see some new faces out there guys. GL HF

I jumped on xbox a bit tonite to get the rust off since I havent played since the break. I tell ya I lost alot of my timing lol, we'll see tomorrow I guess hehe.

Shock if you and Nit wanna stop by on the way to the tourny let me know, I'll show you the cab if your at all interested. You basically gotta drive right past my house to get to castle golf. So if your at all interested call my cell, I dont get text messages.

Noob
I jumped on xbox a bit tonite to get the rust off since I havent played since the break. I tell ya I lost alot of my timing lol, we'll see tomorrow I guess hehe.
Frankie, you're going? You're such a tease..LOL.

Ok, it's 10:50, and I'm leaving my apt. Gotta make like 2 stops(one is a little long), but I should be there by like 1/1:30 to start setting up.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter

Shock if you and Nit wanna stop by on the way to the tourny let me know, I'll show you the cab if your at all interested. You basically gotta drive right past my house to get to castle golf. So if your at all interested call my cell, I dont get text messages.
I haven't been playing either much recently. Been playing 3rd Strike and Twisted Metal HO every night lol.

Frankie, you're going? You're such a tease..LOL.

Ok, it's 10:50, and I'm leaving my apt. Gotta make like 2 stops(one is a little long), but I should be there by like 1/1:30 to start setting up.
I never said I was def not going, I actually wasnt planning on going at all, but then my bud eddie hit me up asking if we were still going. He wanted to go more than me lol, so I guess I am.