What's new

Castle Fight Night #8 - Long Island, New York - April 26 - 4/26/08

That's right folks, it's that time once again for everyone to venture out onto the island no one likes driving through! No, not Staten Island, Long Island!!!

Castle Golf
1878 Middle Country Rd
Centereach, NY 11720

(631) 471-1267

I would like to say that I'm really happy to see that Long Island is finally growing into a spot where people come from other places for the tournaments. Hopefully this one will be even bigger!

That being said, this event will be run quite differently than the rest. For those of you who don't know, Castle Golf is an arcade/go-kart/mini-golf place which is normally only open from April through October. Some of you may be wondering, "Well, John, then how do you run tournaments during the winter?" It's simple. Lance, the owner of Castle Golf, liked the idea of tournaments so much so that he let me run them during the winter, opening only for the Saturdays that there were tournaments.

Castle Golf's fighting game tournaments started last summer, but weren't nearly as large as they are now. It normally wasn't an issue of running all tournaments at once in the one party area because there weren't as many people. However, now that we've grown nearly tenfold, a change must be made. Here is how it's going to happen:

There will be 6 games at this tournament, just like the last one. One of which, however, is still up for debate. Those 6 games are as follows:

• Guilty Gear: Accent Core -PlayStation 2- Run by Mike/KayinNasaki
  • Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver. B -PC- Run by Kevin/Zaelar
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo -Dreamcast- Run by me
  • Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike -PlayStation 2- Run by me
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 -Xbox 360- Run by Phil/9.95
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl -Nintendo Wii- Run by Ryan F'N Mead
Venue fee will be $10 and tournament fees will be $5. If equipment is brought, $5 will be taken off of venue fee. You can no longer enter tournaments for free. I had complaints about pots becoming too small because too many people entered for free.

Arcana Heart people, please let me know if you'd like to have another tournament. I know that since AH2 will be out in Chinatown within the next couple of weeks, so I'm not sure if you guys would still want to have a tournament for AH1. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! If you don't want a tournament, ST will be run in place of it.

Since Castle Golf will be open for business, we will be restricted to the one party area and the outside area. The outside area, weather permitting, will be used for casuals. No tournaments will be run outside due to the possibility of glare. Because of the one room restriction, 3 tournaments will be run at a time. Venue registration will be taken at the same time as tournament registration at the front counter by me. Mark is no longer involved with Castle Fight Night anymore. I will personally take registration money for both venue and tournament, compile a list of players in all games, and give the lists to the tournament runners so they can make the brackets.

The first 3 games will be as follows:

• Guilty Gear: Accent Core
    • Being run by Mike/KayinNasaki
    • If the turnout is the greatest out of the 3 tournaments being run at this time, 2 setups will be used
    • Standard tournament rules apply
    • Double elimination
    • 2/3 Winners and Losers Brackets, 3/5 Finals for both, 4/7 Grand Finals
    • Prize structure will be 70/20/10
  • Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver. B
    • Being run by Kevin/Zaelar
    • Double elimination
    • 2/3 Winners and Losers Brackets, 3/5 Finals for both, and 3/5 Grand Finals
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo
    • Being run by SweetJohnnyCage/IcyCool/MEEEEEEEEEEE
    • Speed - Free select turbo 3
    • Gouki/Akuma is BANNED
    • Double Elimination, 2/3 until Finals, 3/5 Finals, 4/7 Grand Finals

Registration for the first 3 games will start at 12 NOON and the tournaments will begin shortly after 1pm.

Whichever tournament gets more registrants will have 2 setups to ensure that everything runs quickly. Once these tournaments are done, I will begin registration for the other tournaments for 1 hour. Tournaments will begin shortly thereafter. Since only 3 tournaments will be run, I can record one game's Top 8 and burn it onto a DVD for whoever wants to make copies of it. You guys can even use my commentary setup if you wish, have a blast.

The other 3 games will be as follows:

• Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
    • Being run by SweetJohnnyCage/IcyCool/MEEEEEEEEEEE
    • Two stations will be active during tournament, converting to a back to back setup for Top 8
    • Double Elimination
    • Top 8 will be recorded once again with commentary by Tinshi and whoever else wants to!
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
    • Being run by Phil/9.95
    • PLEASE NOTE that unlike the previous UMK tournaments at Castle, there might be a $5 entry fee this time!!!
    • Double elimination
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    • Being run by Ryan "F'N" Mead
    • 3 Stock
    • 6 Minute Matches
    • NO ITEMS
    • The following stages will be used:
      • Final Destination
      • Battlefield
      • Yoshi's Story
      • Smashville
      • Pokemon Stadium 1
      • Lylat Cruise
      • Delfino Plaza
    • 1v1 - Double Eliminiation
    • 2/3 Winners and Losers Bracket, 3/5 Finals in both Winners and Losers, 4/7 Grand Finals
Please be sure to show up for your tournaments when necessary, I can not stress the timing enough guys. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

This thread will be updated periodically, check back regularly for new information!!!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Excellent. I will know soon whether I can make this one or not. April is an extremely hectic month for me and I'm going to try and get a vacation that week if possible since I need several days off.

Noob
Nice... I'm looking forward to this already. Time to gear up again fellas!

Obviously, we're not going to have access to the air hockey table, so we may have to consider an alternate recording method. Does anyone have dazzle that we can use?

As always, I'll be providing my 360 and a pad, as well as at least one stick this time, as well as the TV we've been using the last 2 times.

I'm hoping all the regulars can come out, we've got appx. 4 weeks, so get the word out and hopefully we can have a bigger tournament. 14 last time... I'm hoping for more this time.

If you're in for sure, get your name on the thread!

1. Phil

Noob
John, just as a heads up, I generally run the UMK3 tourney completely best 3 of 5, not 2/3, 3/5, 4/7. Unless we decide differently, it'll stay with the standard 3/5 the entire way.

I'll leave it to everyone...do you prefer 2/3, 3/5, 4/7 or straight 3/5?

imo, its probably better to keep the same format as all the other fighters. Just kinda helps UMK3 mesh better if you ask me. As it is, UMK3 is the red headed step child of fighting tournaments (unfortunately)

I dunno yet. We'll see how I feel when the time comes more or less. I'm so freakin bad these days. I try to jump online to just get the rust off and I cant get into the game.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
TITS.

I will definitely make this one. Missed the last event because my gf was sick and there was just too much going on at work, had to work that Saturday. Look forward to seein all you heads there.

TITS.

I will definitely make this one. Missed the last event because my gf was sick and there was just too much going on at work, had to work that Saturday. Look forward to seein all you heads there.
Can you bring the supposed internet hookup that you were supposed to bring to CG6? I still want to see how that works out. Maybe I can start up a live stream over stickam or something.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
Can you bring the supposed internet hookup that you were supposed to bring to CG6? I still want to see how that works out. Maybe I can start up a live stream over stickam or something.
possibly! depends if the VZaccess card is out with an engineer on travel that week. we'll see.

Noob
OK, 2 weeks to the tournament. So, who's going and what other games are you playing in?
I'll be playing in 3rd Strike and possibly Super Turbo if they have it.

Let's get a def. list for UMK3

1. 9.95

i will be on vacation in that area next week. i would love to go, but is anyone willing to pick me up from the long island train station? that would be my only chance of going. i hope so. i hear its 20 minutes from Castle Golf.

i leave for my vacation on thursday, please get back to me beforehand.

ok, it doesnt have to be before thursday though. i just wont have internet where im at, but ill find a way to get online and check it out here if anyone could help me out ; )

ill try and get a ride there, and maybe if someone could just give me a ride back to the train station, that would be great.

im 24 years old, ill be 25 on June 1st ; )

thanks alot though man, i would appreciate it if you could. id throw in some gas money of course.

i hope im able to go... thanks again

i read somewhere that it was asked if someone could bring a "dazzle" im assuming this is a external capture device for a computer/laptop? i will gladly bring mine with everything it needs to be setup ( serial key, cd setup, red white yellow wires etc )

let me know... by the way, is there going to be a converter there to use a ps2 pad/any controller? or would i have to bring my own.

im finding out directions to the place right now from where ill be, i might be able to get a ride there if its not too long. ( a hour tops ) ill be staying in NJ, right along the river, near Hoboken etc.

but please, if anyone could do that train station pickup for me, that would be excellent. unfortunatly i dont know my way around Long Island, ive never been there.

later