What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
They say he is top tier.
I mean I could see it but I'd have to explore the MU more personally. Kitana though... why does it feel like her having a high projectiles that can be amped, then given a low projectile and fan nado that has a huge hitbox and allows her combo potential nearly anywhere was extremely OD.

Parasurama

Dragon
I mean I could see it but I'd have to explore the MU more personally. Kitana though... why does it feel like her having a high projectiles that can be amped, then given a low projectile and fan nado that has a huge hitbox and allows her combo potential nearly anywhere was extremely OD.
I am still not used to the 3rd variations yet but I see what you are saying. She still doesn’t have a quick mid. Something to exploit?

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
yeah I feel her game is different, I just meant that she might be weaker upclose. Only time will tell, I have been looking at High born, she has a strong game especially she gets going.
Something I noticed on highborn was her razor fan (correct me if I'm wrong) is hella inconsistent with frame data making it super hard to make a move afterward. Everytime I feel it's my turn, she always slap me after rather I go for a F4 111 or d1. That's hella stressful lol

Parasurama

Dragon
Something I noticed on highborn was her razor fan (correct me if I'm wrong) is hella inconsistent with frame data making it super hard to make a move afterward. Everytime I feel it's my turn, she always slap me after rather I go for a F4 111 or d1. That's hella stressful lol
So it is inconsistent and depends when the high borne player lets go and the fans and how many can hit- it can range from punishable to +1.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
So it is inconsistent and depends when the high borne player lets go and the fans and how many can hit- it can range from punishable to +1.
Bruhhh... that's stressful af lol. Right now the MU's that are killing me are Jade, Liu Kang, skarlet, Jax, Seeing Double Noob, Cetrion and Kabal.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I don't have issues with Jade at all to be honest. I don't know why people try to outzone her or Cetrion. Jade you have to be ready for her shadow kick & low projectile. Cetrion is a little bit tougher though. You have to beat them from mid to close range. Dash blocking helps against them.

Also for Jade if you see shadow kick, stand jab will beat out any of her versions of it even amplified. This is in the zoning variations. I haven't tested the new variation yet, but that one for sure.

Last edited:

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I don't have issues with Jade at all to be honest. I don't know why people try to outzone her or Cetrion. Jade you have to be ready for her shadow kick & low projectile. Cetrion is a little bit tougher though. You have to beat them from mid to close range. Dash blocking helps against them.

Also for Jade if you see shadow kick, stand jab will beat out any of her versions of it even amplified. This is in the zoning variations. I haven't tested the new variation yet, but that one for sure.

I never even knew people would try to out zone Jade lol. My problem with Jade is not only can she zone Cassie out extremely well, she can apply great pressure now thanks to her ability to shadow kick cancel. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I've had zero success in trying to punish the shadow kick cancel and that shit is super fast. This alone has become quite troublesome in her stagger game. She also has the ability to completely bully Cassie on wake up. Jade wins the far game easy, Jade wins the mid range easy, Jade wins the knockdown easy. The only time I think Cassie can compete is if shes mid/close range or has Jade Cornered. But even then, one mess up and it's her turn.

JDE

I never even knew people would try to out zone Jade lol. My problem with Jade is not only can she zone Cassie out extremely well, she can apply great pressure now thanks to her ability to shadow kick cancel. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I've had zero success in trying to punish the shadow kick cancel and that shit is super fast. This alone has become quite troublesome in her stagger game. She also has the ability to completely bully Cassie on wake up. Jade wins the far game easy, Jade wins the mid range easy, Jade wins the knockdown easy. The only time I think Cassie can compete is if shes mid/close range or has Jade Cornered. But even then, one mess up and it's her turn.
That's only in pole vault. Yes it is fast, but that variation in general revolves around her mixing up. Cassie is better in the mid range in that particular variation. Untamable also about mixing the opponent. Meanwhile her regular version of blazing nitro kick, you don't even have to guess which follow up is coming from the kick unless your reactions are on the slow side. I don't really see why that's a struggle besides her not being able to zone which she really only does that in 1 variation which is the 1st one. Shoulder charge in Yaas Queen punishes Jade in the air on the way down as does uplglow kick. To each its own I guess. Neither one of Cassie's 1st 2 variations are really an issue for her imo. It comes down to who plays the better neutral for both characters bro.

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
That's only in pole vault. Yes it is fast, but that variation in general revolves around her mixing up. Cassie is better in the mid range in that particular variation. Untamable also about mixing the opponent. Meanwhile her regular version of blazing nitro kick, you don't even have to guess which follow up is coming from the kick unless your reactions are on the slow side. I don't really see why that's a struggle besides her not being able to zone which she really only does that in 1 variation which is the 1st one. Shoulder charge in Yaas Queen punishes Jade in the air on the way down as does uplglow kick. To each its own I guess.
@Vengeance135 What my mans is saying here mighty eloquently is:

START LABBIN' BUCKO
If you aren't wrecking Jade you're being outplayed.

JDE

He might know about it already & he does lab. Jade could be an inner demon. No need to go in lol. Everyone has them.

Anyway, here's videos of me reacting to the nitro kicks (not the pole vault version). In Jaded, it's better to block it out, but then they might sense that you won't try to react to the gap. So better to know how to do it anyway.

The other one has really no guess factor at all. Just be ready to react to it. Even if they don't do the amped version, it's a punish for you. You can even d1 the amped version.

I'll post these in the match up threads too.

You need a move from 7 to 10 frames to work.

Last edited:

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
That's only in pole vault. Yes it is fast, but that variation in general revolves around her mixing up. Cassie is better in the mid range in that particular variation. Untamable also about mixing the opponent. Meanwhile her regular version of blazing nitro kick, you don't even have to guess which follow up is coming from the kick unless your reactions are on the slow side. I don't really see why that's a struggle besides her not being able to zone which she really only does that in 1 variation which is the 1st one. Shoulder charge in Yaas Queen punishes Jade in the air on the way down as does uplglow kick. To each its own I guess. Neither one of Cassie's 1st 2 variations are really an issue for her imo. It comes down to who plays the better neutral for both characters bro.

I appreciate the tag. Can you show me some footage of you playing a Jade in a set possibly? I could be doing some things wrong. I don't have a problem with her regular nitro kick. I know how to handle that for sure! It's really hard to find any competent Cassie's playing against a threatening Jade.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
@Vengeance135 What my mans is saying here mighty eloquently is:

START LABBIN' BUCKO
If you aren't wrecking Jade you're being outplayed.

While I appreciate the tag, respectfully I don't really respect or value any information you have to offer based on your past threads and posts. I do lab but labbing and playing a competent player are 2 different things.

JDE

While I appreciate the tag, respectfully I don't really respect or value any information you have to offer based on your past threads and posts. I do lab but labbing and playing a competent player are 2 different things.
Yeah I can when I play a friend of mine who plays her or I’d run up on one. I’d have to see who else plays Cassie nowadays. But yeah man I got you.

JDE

Awesome! Yeah idk why but this MU just really kills me lol
I mean I don't want you to think I'm saying that it's "easy" to deal with Jade either because it's easier said than done. Hell in general, I think Jade is a relatively decent character that gets heavily downplayed even by her own players. Most players believes that she's a utility character only & not a character you'd want to "main" or "specialize" with. It's just a lot of what people mention believes that the match warrants a 4-6, but usually when I see that Cassie play a Jade, they're trying to shoot projectiles with her instead of moving in to where they can use F2 at least. That or just in general trying to play at the back of the screen. I can't put a match number 6-4 when there's only 1 major aspect of the game changes what us (Cassie) does against her when in all actuality, they're even in neutral. Jade's not very good defensively nor does she really has the faster buttons to really contest. Her fastest defensive poke is d1.

Her best buttons are B2, B3 and D4, to which her B2 covers more range than Cassie's B2 & F4, but Cassie's F2 covers the same distance with B3 covering the most. her b1 isn't bad, but it's 15 frames, which is slower than any of Cassie's best buttons. I use a lot of D4 with Cassie against her too.

Last edited:

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I mean I don't want you to think I'm saying that it's "easy" to deal with Jade either because it's easier said than done. Hell in general, I think Jade is a relatively decent character that gets heavily downplayed even by her own players. Most players believes that she's a utility character only & not a character you'd want to "main" or "specialize" with. It's just a lot of what people mention believes that the match warrants a 4-6, but usually when I see that Cassie play a Jade, they're trying to shoot projectiles with her instead of moving in to where they can use F2 at least. That or just in general trying to play at the back of the screen. I can't put a match number 6-4 when there's only 1 major aspect of the game changes what us (Cassie) does against her when in all actuality, they're even in neutral. Jade's not very good defensively nor does she really has the faster buttons to really contest. Her fastest defensive poke is d1.

Her best buttons are B2, B3 and D4, to which her B2 covers more range than Cassie's B2 & F4, but Cassie's F2 covers the same distance with B3 covering the most. her b1 isn't bad, but it's 15 frames, which is slower than any of Cassie's best buttons. I use a lot of D4 with Cassie against her too.

I personally don't use f2 often because most Jade players are D2 happy and that's a easy Krushing blow. Can you punish her D2? It seems like the block stun is too heavy