What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
That feeling you get when you can actually hit one of Cassie's Low Gunshot AMP combos online on a regular basis. Actually starting to feel like I'm hitting my stride in the game now.

gage

Noob
Would you guys say Cassie and Kabal have similar play styles? Cassie seems like a very Justin Wong lame character which I definitely like, but I also want to mix so I'm trying Jax. Kabal was the third character I liked but I'd rather Cassie if they're pretty similar.
Yeah reo said Cassie is literally a better kabal, she gets his pressure without needing cancels she has real mids, his get low profiled.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
We may have been sleeping on Cassie's Fatal Blow. On the ground, its not good, but in the air, there's definitely a use for it there. Its also an overhead attack, so you'll catch crouching opponents, as @Vslayer can attest to. :p:)

Seriously though, that's been by far the most fun I've had with the game thus far. If we're doing a weekly KOTH, I'm definitely in

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
We may have been sleeping on Cassie's Fatal Blow. On the ground, its not good, but in the air, there's definitely a use for it there. Its also an overhead attack, so you'll catch crouching opponents, as @Vslayer can attest to. :p:)

Seriously though, that's been by far the most fun I've had with the game thus far. If we're doing a weekly KOTH, I'm definitely in
Yep didn’t even bother to check thst it was an overhead, I mean other than Reed’s Cassie you’re the only one I fought online. XD

Glad you had fun! It was really cool playing for that long. I may just make a dedicated thread for a weekly KOTH, I play every day anyways so whenever I’m on feel free to invite me.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I've got the pink jacket gear lol. Actually have a lot but I want the grey and red one now. The light blue armor gear I've been trying to do AI battle just to get it but then I never do lmao. I keep joining AI matches just to get it.

On another note, I prefer Digital Solider over Yaas Queen competitively, but I think both are good.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
As the face for the cassie community do you anticipate any changes to her f4? I think she's really good but still an honest character. Nobody, but Foxy was able to make it that far with her.
I don't think they'll change her in a negative way. I mean if they nerf her F4 she'll have very little tools to punish people who constantly push buttons and it's easily blocked if they expect it. I think if anything they'll work on making flippin' out more useful cause right now it's useless as hell.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
I don't think they'll change her in a negative way. I mean if they nerf her F4 she'll have very little tools to punish people who constantly push buttons and it's easily blocked if they expect it. I think if anything they'll work on making flippin' out more useful cause right now it's useless as hell.
I don't think they'll change the start up. Was worried about ti potentially being more minus on block.

I gotta say I was LEGIT rooting AGAINST Foxy winning with Cassie....I know, I know...bad form..BUT I know what NRS does and people are already bitching about Cassie left and right...in the words of the old Britney Spears Vine "LEAVE HER ALOOONE!!!"

also buff flippin out recovery frames :/

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I gotta say I was LEGIT rooting AGAINST Foxy winning with Cassie....I know, I know...bad form..BUT I know what NRS does and people are already bitching about Cassie left and right...in the words of the old Britney Spears Vine "LEAVE HER ALOOONE!!!"

also buff flippin out recovery frames :/
They're bitching cause they can't freaking block. NRS knows that, 16 bit ain't gonna do us dirty like that. For every person complaining about Cassie, there are 100 complaining about Scorpion so I'm not too worried.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
F4 is fine & so is upglow kick. People who are complaining about that are people who don’t like blocking or how she uses it to stagger.

Upglow kick amplified shouldn’t even be a big complaint at all. She’s burning meter just to keep herself safe & she’s really not neutral after it. She’s like -3 if you turn on the in-game data in the lab.

Tbh, I don’t listen nor comment on people who complain on this site because a lot of them have their minds made up & believe that they’re right no matter what you say. That comes off as someone really not wanting to learn & just be salty & just want to take out their frustrations on other players. I pick & choose topics based on the tone of discussions & how good the discussion is

Last edited:

sars

Noob
I don’t see them changing Cassie at all. She does everything good but doesn’t dominate anywhere. She honestly don’t need no changes. You have to play smart with Cassie, and that’s a good thing. I don’t think she has a bad matchup except for maybe jade.