What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I posted a bit about Control BLB in the customs thread if you're interested. Kneecappin seems like the only real choice to compliment it as well. Bitchin bubble can't even remotely compete with the damage it provides and it also improves her zoning potential as well as being the only move that can follow up a mid screen control blb burst. You really can't even do a BLB setup without it outside of a point blank BLB after amplified nut kick or after B1 launcher.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I posted a bit about Control BLB in the customs thread if you're interested. Kneecappin seems like the only real choice to compliment it as well. Bitchin bubble can't even remotely compete with the damage it provides and it also improves her zoning potential as well as being the only move that can follow up a mid screen control blb burst. You really can't even do a BLB setup without it outside if a point blank BLB after amplified nut kick.
Bubbles are a backup for teleporters, just a defence wall they can only go through if they're willing to take damage

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I posted a bit about Control BLB in the customs thread if you're interested. Kneecappin seems like the only real choice to compliment it as well. Bitchin bubble can't even remotely compete with the damage it provides and it also improves her zoning potential as well as being the only move that can follow up a mid screen control blb burst. You really can't even do a BLB setup without it outside of a point blank BLB after amplified nut kick or after B1 launcher.
Yeah, it seems you could probably start a combo with the one that shocks the opponent, I'm getting major Sonya from MKX flashbacks XD. Oh, right I have to check that out and add it to the OP, thanks for reminding me!

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Bubbles are a backup for teleporters, just a defence wall they can only go through if they're willing to take damage
It won't do much damage. A single kneecappin combo probably does more than a bitchin bubble will do in a whole round. Especially since they will probably move out of it mid combo. Good players seem to know this and ignore it anyways.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
It won't do much damage. A single kneecappin combo probably does more than a bitchin bubble will do in a whole round. Especially since they will probably move out of it mid combo. Good players seem to know this and ignore it anyways.
hopefully it gets buffed, as it would be a good defence against half the cast.
maybe like a stun or sum'

Last edited:

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I actually don't know how the AI battle works lol. I want skins there, but I need to figure out AI battle. I'm usually competitive & not grinding for skins lol.

Nams

Noob
I was watching some of DR Gross' matches from summit this weekend and I saw him doing short hop air guns. I've tried replicating this in training and I cant seem to get anything but short hop punch.. is there a trick to this?

Goatlegs

Noob
I was watching some of DR Gross' matches from summit this weekend and I saw him doing short hop air guns. I've tried replicating this in training and I cant seem to get anything but short hop punch.. is there a trick to this?
You have to wait a little bit and input air shots as she's coming back down. It's not the same timing as instant air projectiles in previous games. If you input it too early you'll get the overhead.

Edit: See at 2:35 he does it on the second half of her jump arc on the way down.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yeah so after you do the short hop you wait a bit and then input the air bullet barrage and it should work.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Yeah so after you do the short hop you wait a bit and then input the air bullet barrage and it should work.
Is there not a way to actually input moves to certain buttons? I really think short hop should be on the right stick, as this stuff would be far easier

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I was playing Sonya vs Cassie in towers and my sister said "I'm guessing you're the girl?". She thought Cassie was a man in her bulky ass space suit. Buff her costumes nrs pls.
JESUS

yeah her space suit is BAD dude. I'd rather have her MKX costumes back before they buff her D2 or her FB, it's that bad.