What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Kal

<3
@STB Sgt Reed Oh I think I know what you're talking about now, I will test it out today when I get the chance to play and let you know.

@Vslayer Unfortunately I'm rocking basic bitch Cassie but with aviators that you unlock I think from the story mode. Everything else is locked behind either the krypt which is a piece of shit or towers of time, some AI battles as well. The krypt is random and an absolute nightmare to be honest. I have tried opening chests in the same location as other people I know that have the game and we keep getting different rewards and the price to unlock them is different too. Big shiny golden chests for say 15k does not mean you will get anything worthy either, I've gotten garbage like concept art from those. Unlocking all that stuff is gonna be a matter of luck unfortunately because NRS thinks that's how the fighting community wants to spend their time in in a fighting game, dealing with RNG loot boxes in a shitty RPG lite like krypt.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
@STB Sgt Reed Oh I think I know what you're talking about now, I will test it out today when I get the chance to play and let you know.

@Vslayer Unfortunately I'm rocking basic bitch Cassie but with aviators that you unlock I think from the story mode. Everything else is locked behind either the krypt which is a piece of shit or towers of time, some AI battles as well. The krypt is random and an absolute nightmare to be honest. I have tried opening chests in the same location as other people I know that have the game and we keep getting different rewards and the price to unlock them is different too. Big shiny golden chests for say 15k does not mean you will get anything worthy either, I've gotten garbage like concept art from those. Unlocking all that stuff is gonna be a matter of luck unfortunately because NRS thinks that's how the fighting community wants to spend their time in in a fighting game, dealing with RNG loot boxes in a shitty RPG lite like krypt.
Wait Krypt really is That Bad? Damn

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
For me personally yes, RNG chests are just not my idea of fun. I don't wanna spend hours in the krypt hoping to unlock shit I want for Cassie or Noob but keep getting concept art for characters I don't care for after spending 15k on a chest. That to me is just not fun.
I assume like IJ2 they will have character specific towers you can play through that will unlock gear only for your main.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
For me personally yes, RNG chests are just not my idea of fun. I don't wanna spend hours in the krypt hoping to unlock shit I want for Cassie or Noob but keep getting concept art for characters I don't care for after spending 15k on a chest. That to me is just not fun.
Yeah good point. Concept art should be unlocked when you beat said Khar towers/story

Since almost no one is willing to spark a discussion about her moves and gameplan, let me ask some questions:

Are instant air guns a thing?
How does her gun cancels work? Which variation can do it?
I know she has a string with an overhead, can we mix it up with low gun(maybe amplify it for a combo?)
Which normals are cancelable?
Any BNB for now?
What's her fastest move? Any go to punish option?
Any idea how she will punish d+2 ?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Wow that's...weird. Well I also learned you can summon character towers to get gear from it, I think that would be the fastest way to get some stuff from your main.

Since almost no one is willing to spark a discussion about her moves and gameplan, let me ask some questions:

I know she has a string with an overhead, can we mix it up with low gun(maybe amplify it for a combo?)
Any BNB for now?
There is IAG, it's called air bullet barrage but I don't think it's a default special, it's variation locked.

Her fasted punish is F4, not sure what's her best poke I think they're not that great. I would just back dash and then F4 them.

I am going to get into that a lot once the game is out. I can't wait.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

Any BNB for now?

Great questions.

@ShepherdOfFire or @TrulyAmiracle

Do you think you could use the Frames Calculator to see how effective Cassie Cage's Dual Wield cancels are on block after some of her strings too????

Dual Wield is a universal special move so she will have her cancels in every variation btw.

==================================================================

And her fastest Mid is F4 which is just fucking stupid good. It's a 9 frame mid that is 0 on block, could lead into a combo, and has way too much range for what it is lol:

D

Deleted member 35141

My worries exactly yet I have another poster telling me if I dont want to actually play the game just buy everything with real money. This just sounds rediculous and dare I say EA type bull. Glad alot of the characters I like have great main skins

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
My worries exactly yet I have another poster telling me if I dont want to actually play the game just buy everything with real money. This just sounds rediculous and dare I say EA type bull. Glad alot of the characters I like have great main skins
I think the saving grace for gear, will be summoning character towers. That's all I'm gonna do for the whole Cage family.

Great questions.

@ShepherdOfFire or @TrulyAmiracle

Do you think you could use the Frames Calculator to see how effective Cassie Cage's Dual Wield cancels are on block after some of her strings too????

Dual Wield is a universal special move so she will have her cancels in every variation btw.
I used the frame calculator :

11 DWC : -22
111 DWC : -19
12 DWC : -18
21 DWC: -20
b24 DWC : -21
34 DWC : -22
f34 DWC : -30
f4 DWC : -22
f41 DWC : -20

b3 DWC : -25
b1 : -21

Do you want anything else :) ?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Damn they slow, I guess you'd do that when you're full screen to bait them and go for the low gunshot (IF it's in the variation you're using XD)

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Soooo,

Is it true that the Low Shot is actually a Mid Shot?
Braindead has the game and I got him to test it

It's true boys ;_; lmfaooo

At least Amp Low Shot is a true launcher apparently, though in that case I don't understand why NRS have made her energy burst in the other preset a two slot move when all it does is launch for a bar just like her low shot. Yet another baffling decision by NRS lmao. I hope I'm wrong and that it gives her crazy damage or something

Last edited: