What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

redeyes

Button Masher
(10 frame advancing mid) b12~db2, RUN~212, b12~bd3 (27%) [restand] I can only get this in the corner. Midscreen this combo whiffs on the last "2" in the 212 string.
youre too far away, you gotta keep at it till you understand where cassie should be in relation to where their body is as its falling to get the last 2 to connect.

EvilJagan

White Belt
youre too far away, you gotta keep at it till you understand where cassie should be in relation to where their body is as its falling to get the last 2 to connect.
The character falls down before I can get any closer.

Edit: never mind, just landed it is really tight which make sit a little too easy to drop.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
(10 frame advancing mid) b12~db2, RUN~212, b12~bd3 (27%) [restand]

I can only get this in the corner. Midscreen this combo whiffs on the last "2" in the 212 string.
Hit the 212 when you are closer to your opponent (they will be a bit lower). Just need to work on timing and getting a good run cancel to come out after the backflip.

EvilJagan

White Belt
Hit the 212 when you are closer to your opponent (they will be a bit lower). Just need to work on timing and getting a good run cancel to come out after the backflip.
I'm trying to get close, but she keeps falling down, if I stay at a range to hit her the last hit whiffs. Man this is frustrating, did anyone else struggle with this combo, or am I the only one?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm trying to get close, but she keeps falling down, if I stay at a range to hit her the last hit whiffs. Man this is frustrating, did anyone else struggle with this combo, or am I the only one?
You're not the only one, just count yourself lucky you're learning this easier one and not the old 12, b12 one.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Im struggling with combos with cassie Cage at the moment so thank for this thread. Less work for me

Also, what is the preferred setup after nut punch?
you can do anything you want..after a regular nutpunch a particularly good option is to check them with a d3 (if they get hit by it youre + a lot so you can guarantee a 50/50). you CAN go straight into a 50/50 after regular nut punch since youre +3, but you can get mashed out of it. after ex you literally have forever to do your 50/50 and they cant do anything about it.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You are probably just missing, what is kind of nice about that combo is if you do it too early only 21 in the 212 will hit, if you do it too late your opponent will drop to the floor. It is honestly just about getting into a rhythm and it will come out more often. The way I find myself doing it is literally going off my opponents height. Once they are around waist height I will input the 212.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
you can do anything you want..after a regular nutpunch a particularly good option is to check them with a d3 (if they get hit by it youre + a lot so you can guarantee a 50/50). you CAN go straight into a 50/50 after regular nut punch since youre +3, but you can get mashed out of it. after ex you literally have forever to do your 50/50 and they cant do anything about it.
It's like we have the exact same thought process :D

Here's a combo vid of my first day of experimenting with her, brawler variation. I like to start with a character without looking at anything else so hopefully there's something new or different in there. I'll start catching up with the thread now. Feel free to comment here or on the video, good or bad. I'm here to learn!

EvilJagan

White Belt
You are probably just missing, what is kind of nice about that combo is if you do it too early only 21 in the 212 will hit, if you do it too late your opponent will drop to the floor. It is honestly just about getting into a rhythm and it will come out more often. The way I find myself doing it is literally going off my opponents height. Once they are around waist height I will input the 212.
I was getting it a couple times, most times (I only get the 21 to connect so I have to think of it like landing an unplinkable 1 frame link in SFIV) I was just getting really frustrated, I want to do really well in tournaments for this game I can't really travel much due to my finances/school so literally every second for me is crucial. I need to be 100% crisp on all this combos so I can work on my neutral.

EvilJagan

White Belt
Here's a combo vid of my first day of experimenting with her, brawler variation. I like to start with a character without looking at anything else so hopefully there's something new or different in there. I'll start catching up with the thread now. Feel free to comment here or on the video, good or bad. I'm here to learn!

What is your process to learning new characters?

What is your process to learning new characters?
Experiment to figure out what works, put it together, find stuff that's practical while still doing good damage and then try to optimize that damage. I don't really have a specific plan if that's what you meant, it depends whether it "clicks" with a character and it did with cassie

Today was my first day of MKX.
Spend about 3 hours in a lab with Baby Cage, played some ladders etc.
And here i'm thinking that execution with her isn't that bad, so i decided to go online.
2/20 finished combos ratio. My heart is broken.

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
i cant for the life of me get the 212 after the j3 in the 46% corner combo, any tips?
After the f3,4xx db2, I just skip the jump attack in the video and use b1,2xxdb2 into b1xxbd3. It only gets like a percent or two less. Iirc ex nutpunch still does 46% like that.

Laziman5898

"Cassie , D'vorah , Jacqui and Tanya are killers"
Ok so I was messing about with nut punch after the patch came out today , I realised it left you at +3 which means you can get a free d3 ( because it's a low) if this hits then you are In enough plus frames to choose overhead or low ,straight back into meter less nutpunch ;)

If your opponent keeps blocking d3 then you can just do f3 straight back into meter less nutpunch

Don't know if this is old because I use brawler I will be experimenting with spec ops later on tonight but I have heard about unblocable a with that

redeyes

Button Masher
Ok so I was messing about with nut punch after the patch came out today , I realised it left you at +3 which means you can get a free d3 ( because it's a low) if this hits then you are In enough plus frames to choose overhead or low ,straight back into meter less nutpunch ;)

If your opponent keeps blocking d3 then you can just do f3 straight back into meter less nutpunch

Don't know if this is old because I use brawler I will be experimenting with spec ops later on tonight but I have heard about unblocable a with that
its a bit old, but thats the general idea of her vortex, train them to respect the d3 for the free 50/50. at least if your not MBing your nut punch

as jail house showed in the general discussion thread, getting hit with b1 2 at the start can be GG. lol

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I am struggling with the F34 timing in the high damage combos. Is there a way to replace that string and still get 40%+?

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
I am struggling with the F34 timing in the high damage combos. Is there a way to replace that string and still get 40%+?
Probably not. However, the earlier you land the 4, and then the 2,1,u4, the more time you have for f3,4. It's actually pretty lenient.