What's new

Guide Captain Marvel's Combo Thread

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
Yea I figured his 43% combo was his highest...what a shame. Thanks for the confirm off of AC tho. Do you know what his best way to get in is? I've been trying back 2,HM (MB)... or j2., f2-2... Still getting owned by alot of people
It really depends on your opponent and how they react to your movements. I found that the best way to get in is with his dash. It is hell-of-fast. It closes the distance needed to start his mixup game. You should also get acquainted with his command grabs at max range. It's the cornerstone of his mixup game and needs to be studied and practiced throughly in order to use him effectively. Characters do vary when it comes to the max distance in which you can grab them. I did a test with all the characters and latest DLC characters utilizing his standing 3 on hit while they were crouching to space them for AC. I found that some characters hurtboxs are shorten compared to the rest of the cast. Don't know if it's because of the different pushback from the hitstun each character receives, but I know for sure it doesn't work on everyone. However, HM worked on everyone when they were standing so it may very well be the opponents character hurtbox when they crouch.

Here's a list of those characters I had problems when I tested them with st.3~AC:

Batman
Joker
Hawkgirl
Lex Luthor
Killer Frost*
Bane
Wonder Woman*
Batgirl
Shazam

* = Inconsistant

booivi

Good Game :)
Not to sure where to put this, but I was in training mode and thought I should share this with my fellow Shazam players. There is a beginner's walkthrough in the description section of the vid.
Inputs for this stage specific combo? Also, wouldn't this work with any other stage that has an interactable in the top corner?

SmokeMaster

Inputs for this stage specific combo? Also, wouldn't this work with any other stage that has an interactable in the top corner?
The YouTube video has a Beginner's Walkthrough in the description section. As for the second question, I'm not sure I do know that it doesn't work with the water tower.

booivi

The YouTube video has a Beginner's Walkthrough in the description section. As for the second question, I'm not sure I do know that it doesn't work with the water tower.
I know what a "stage specific combo" is. But I was asking for the inputs. Even tough I'm highly experienced with shazam, and can tell what you are doing by looking at the video, I'd still like inputs just to make sure.

SmokeMaster

I know what a "stage specific combo" is. But I was asking for the inputs. Even tough I'm highly experienced with shazam, and can tell what you are doing by looking at the video, I'd still like inputs just to make sure.
If you read the description in its entirety you'll see a thorough explanation of the video with inputs. Just in case you can't see it I'll post it up here.

A 95% corner combo that requires trait, 2 meters, and stage interaction on the Gotham City/Alley stage.

Update Beginner's Walkthrough:

Begin the combo with your opponent in the corner where the "Hotel" sign is at. Activate "Solomon's Judgement"(character power/Trait) and proceed with a jump-in medium attack(2). Upon landing, input "Mighty Force"(forward+2,2). You should have dealt 16% damage at this time.

Soon as you recover from "Mighty Force" input "Herculean Might"(down, back, forward+1) with Meter Burn. It should be noted that your opponent cannot escape "Herculean Might" even after the damage reset.

When you recover from "Herculean Might", you'll need to dash forward underneath your opponent to place them back in the corner. After you recover from your dash you'll need to input 3 precise "Hercules' Strength"(1,1,2) attacks. During the last repetition of "Hercules' Strength", you'll need to cancel it into "Achilles' Clutch"(down, back+1) with Meter Burn. Upon the recovery of "Achilles' Clutch", you'll need to use an instantaneously jump-forward medium attack. It should be noted that this is the most difficultest part of the combo. It requires strict timing and precise execution in order to proceed with final part of the combo. You should have dealt 59% damage at this time. A total of 75% damage should have been dealt to your opponent.

While still in the air, you'll need to press your Intract button near the "Hotel" sign. You should be able to cancel the jumping medium attack and deal your opponent 20% damage. It should be noted that your opponent cannot escape the stage interaction and will be dealt the full damage of it unscaled. You should now have dealt a final total of 95% damage to your opponent and have built nearly a full meter bar. You should take the oppurtunity and use "Advancing Mercury Storm"(down, forward+3) to get out of the corner and build meter.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Actually does Thread even get Updated

we need a page like the Lobo thread when people post, it gets upped and they get their name credit

IrishMantis

Yo man, nothing wrong with it i thought it was dead, keep this shit going dont let it Die :D

wasnt taking a shot just curious, shit looks worst in writing than what way it was meant to be intended
Yeah, I haven't updated in a while, I might just unsticky the thread so there can be a better thread.
MashPotatoTower
@Fillpops
Rahavic
@Whoever else cares

Thoughts about that?

SZSR

Noob
Well the thing is, it's manually updated by people like you and me(in this case, just me), not really that automatic. I'll give it another run down(and update with references) in microsoft word when I have dinner, but if it's too much to handle in the long run, i'll just have someone else take care of the combo duties.

IrishMantis

Just seen ya Post there

i read through the page and so far i think its highest 2 bar, Mid screen, Trait, no IO included lol

Its Trait, Ji3, 11 xx Herculean Might (MB), B3, Ji3,Achilles' Clutch (MB) 11 xx Herculean Might 68%

Possibility off being 70 if you get a well timed 1 after second JI3, But not liable at all, and only worked one drooped the HM so i assuming it would of being 70

What 68% 2 meter combo?

Yo Before i post did anyone else find Shazams Trait Midscreen 2 bar 68% Combo?
or beat it
Just post what you have if you want to. You don't have to ask in advance if it's been found if you don't see it anywhere.

Is this it? It's waaay too hard to do consistently and you'll never hit with a raw non-MB b3, but
b3, j3, j2, 12 xx db1 MB, 12 xx dbf1 MB, j3, 1 xx dbf1 (50%, 68% with trait)
EDIT: ninja'd

Yeah, I haven't updated in a while, I might just unsticky the thread so there can be a better thread.
MashPotatoTower
@Fillpops
Rahavic
@Whoever else cares

Thoughts about that?
My combo thread gets updated the hour I get a new BnB, Im also gonna add useful and other notable combos when I compile some good ones. But no one wants to sticky good helpful threads, only redundant Tier threads and ones with no FGC commitment what so ever.
prove me wrong STORMS , GamerBlake90 , Tim Static , @im pretty sure they just hate Canadians because of 1812
what ever it will be buried soon like Adiens boss and extreamly helpful true damage and meter threads.
I get upset because I care -.-

IrishMantis

Jesus, thats hard to do i can tell by looking especially nailing the 1 after the second jump 3 like mine, i posted mine above, its easier, the only hard bit is nailing the AC after the second JI3 but the track is to input straight after hitting JIP while still in Air for some reason it registers, once you get that the rest is easy

if you can get the 1 after the 2nd JI3 should be 70% not sure since i dropped the last HM so i cant state but maybe you can
Just post what you have if you want to. You don't have to ask in advance if it's been found if you don't see it anywhere.

Is this it? It's waaay too hard to do consistently and you'll never hit with a raw non-MB b3, but
b3, j3, j2, 12 xx db1 MB, 12 xx dbf1 MB, j3, 1 xx dbf1 (50%, 68% with trait)
EDIT: ninja'd

SZSR

Noob
My combo thread gets updated the hour I get a new BnB, Im also gonna add useful and other notable combos when I compile some good ones. But no one wants to sticky good helpful threads, only redundant Tier threads and ones with no FGC commitment what so ever.
prove me wrong STORMS , GamerBlake90 , Tim Static , @im pretty sure they just hate Canadians because of 1812
what ever it will be buried soon like Adiens boss and extreamly helpful true damage and meter threads.
I get upset because I care -.-
Dang dude, I tagged you for your input, I didn't ask so you could go in on me. No FGC commitment? Adiens boss? Chill man.

Jesus, thats hard to do i can tell by looking especially nailing the 1 after the second jump 3 like mine, i posted mine above, its easier, the only hard bit is nailing the AC after the second JI3 but the track is to input straight after hitting JIP while still in Air for some reason it registers, once you get that the rest is easy

if you can get the 1 after the 2nd JI3 should be 70% not sure since i dropped the last HM so i cant state but maybe you can
Yea lol, nobody will ever be able to pull this off online

IrishMantis

Im sure it will look Flashy as fuck tough, Big ups if the man can, he might be able to elevate mine with that execution
edit, im gonna try it now

You try to do mine yet, wondering how hard it is to pull off
Yea lol, nobody will ever be able to pull this off online

Im sure it will look Flashy as fuck tough, Big ups if the man can, he might be able to elevate mine with that execution

You try to do mine yet, wondering how hard it is to pull off
Yea your's is pretty easy to do, but I hate that I have to use trait since It's hard to activate without getting punished....against good players at least. Also Ji. 3 is a little dumb to do since Ji. 2 is so much better due to it having a much bigger hitbox. plus ji 3 cant cross up

IrishMantis

Ah heres 2 little trick for you to activate trait f2,2 T, then you still got 10 frames free you can get a free throw if you time it right, or a free D1 it cant be interrupted, and if they bloke the D1 you can do a free CMD grab, depending if there crouching or standing

or Just do back 2, Trait

Ah heres 2 little trick for you to activate trait f2,2 T, then you still got 10 frames free you can get a free throw if you time it right, or a free D1 it cant be interrupted, and if they bloke the D1 you can do a free CMD grab, depending if there crouching or standing

or Just do back 2, Trait
Yea i know about this tech already, thanks though. BTW does anybody know what the torpedo mixup is? Heroic legacy was talking about it in another post

booivi

Yea i know about this tech already, thanks though. BTW does anybody know what the torpedo mixup is? Heroic legacy was talking about it in another post
I heard about this too, supposedly there's a way to make it cross-up, but i've tried it several times in training and it never worked. I Tried different distances too.