What's new

Guide Captain Marvel's Combo Thread

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
I heard about this too, supposedly there's a way to make it cross-up, but i've tried it several times in training and it never worked. I Tried different distances too.
Just time it right after an untechable knockdown. Once you get the timing down it's easy as pie. It's hell-of-easy after an untechable knockdown in the corner.

Just time it right after an untechable knockdown. Once you get the timing down it's easy as pie. It's hell-of-easy after an untechable knockdown in the corner.
Whoaaa!!!!!!!!!! Holy Sh-- that is nuts! I was wondering why herioic legacy was doing that. Shazam just got wayyyyy better in my mind

:) The best is when your opponent knows about it, and then you do non crossup Torpedoes on their wakeup to fuck with them.
Lmao, btw heroic. Do you wanna do some practice with me sometime? I really wanna level up my shazam, and I think you are the best shazam out there.

I personally hate Shazam mirrors since it is so hard for Shazam to punish his own bullshit lol. If you have PSN sure add me.

PSN is over there
<<<

I personally hate Shazam mirrors since it is so hard for Shazam to punish his own bullshit lol. If you have PSN sure add me.

PSN is over there
<<<
Thanks man, Btw what's your best bnb comb that you do? My go to combo is usually j2., f.2-2, HM(MB), B3, Ji2, f.2-2-3,HM. 40%

booivi

Good Game :)
Thanks man, Btw what's your best bnb comb that you do? My go to combo is usually j2., f.2-2, HM(MB), B3, Ji2, f.2-2-3,HM. 40%
Is it better to jail in F2,2,HM or to delay the HM? I catch a lot of people by delaying mine, but I've never really thought about the dmg scale or anything.

SmokeMaster

Is it better to jail in F2,2,HM or to delay the HM? I catch a lot of people by delaying mine, but I've never really thought about the dmg scale or anything.
You know what's crazy? People can clash off the jail of f2,2 even on block.

My BnB changes depending on their character, health, my meter, and if they have clash or not.

For example against Raven or Deathstroke I'l do j2 f22 HM reset MB b3 j3 d3. Then I'll go for a crossup j2 or a teleport through or a HM or just block.

Against a character like Sinestro or Doomsday I will never end in sweep so I'll just go max damage with the combo you posted above ending in f223 HM. That way I can safely go back to spacing or go for a quick 50/50 after I've seen them wake up. Hopefully they burned time and did a wakeup attack so I can punish.

As soon as they have low health/clash my BnBs become HM MB b3 f3 no matter what. Off of a f3 hard knockdown if you tap down once during their slide you are in perfect timing to do a crossup AT or dash up d3 with pretty much the same timing.

Also I throw a lot of interactables so I often drop my combos shorter to 2n1 an interactable like the glass bubble on Atlantis going f22 1+2 to throw the bubble at them as they land.

I like ending in f12 if they are in the corner since it doesn't seem like they are knocked down, or if they tech roll it doesn't matter and it sets up ambiguous stuff. I never am one for optimal damage because my combos don't mean anything if I can't hit the other person.

booivi

Good Game :)
My BnB changes depending on their character, health, my meter, and if they have clash or not.

For example against Raven or Deathstroke I'l do j2 f22 HM reset MB b3 j3 d3. Then I'll go for a crossup j2 or a teleport through or a HM or just block.

Against a character like Sinestro or Doomsday I will never end in sweep so I'll just go max damage with the combo you posted above ending in f223 HM. That way I can safely go back to spacing or go for a quick 50/50 after I've seen them wake up. Hopefully they burned time and did a wakeup attack so I can punish.

As soon as they have low health/clash my BnBs become HM MB b3 f3 no matter what. Off of a f3 hard knockdown if you tap down once during their slide you are in perfect timing to do a crossup AT or dash up d3 with pretty much the same timing.

Also I throw a lot of interactables so I often drop my combos shorter to 2n1 an interactable like the glass bubble on Atlantis going f22 1+2 to throw the bubble at them as they land.

I like ending in f12 if they are in the corner since it doesn't seem like they are knocked down, or if they tech roll it doesn't matter and it sets up ambiguous stuff. I never am one for optimal damage because my combos don't mean anything if I can't hit the other person.
I see what you are saying man. I like to make sure I punish my opponents so that they lose confidence and start noticing their mistakes, changes. I'm not into really big combos either.

Oh very interesting perspective. Well would you happen to know shazam's max dmg combo starting with f.2,2? I think I'm more of a flashy player and like to throw as much swag in a combo as I can lol. I picked up nightwing just because of his flashyness lmao

Hey does anybody know the max dmg, 2 meter, traitless combo with shazam that can be performed online is (doesn't have extremely strict timing).
The combo guide said this is the best: b3, dj.3, dj.2, 1 xx Achilles’ Clutch [MB], 12 xx Herculean Might [MB], dj.3, Achilles’ Clutch - 48%
There's no way he can only this is optimal since his 1 meter does%. Really appreciate it

DTritan

Noob
Hey does anybody know the max dmg, 2 meter, traitless combo with shazam that can be performed online is (doesn't have extremely strict timing).
The combo guide said this is the best: b3, dj.3, dj.2, 1 xx Achilles’ Clutch [MB], 12 xx Herculean Might [MB], dj.3, Achilles’ Clutch - 48%
There's no way he can only this is optimal since his 1 meter does%. Really appreciate it

I'm not sure about that one, starting a combo off b3 is kind of tough vs human opponents. ;p

A decent go-to for me has been off ji2 crossups. So: ji2,f223,22xxHM [MB], b3, ji2, AC [MB], d3. 40% - Even though this is 8% less than the example combo you gave, it's far more reliable and far easier to start than b3. As a bonus, since it ends in d3 it puts you in great position to force another guess from your opponent on wakeup. Good luck!

SmokeMaster

I'm not sure about that one, starting a combo off b3 is kind of tough vs human opponents. ;p

A decent go-to for me has been off ji2 crossups. So: ji2,f223,22xxHM [MB], b3, ji2, AC [MB], d3. 40% - Even those this is 8% less than the example combo you gave, it's far more reliable and far easier to start than b3. As a bonus, since it ends in d3 it puts you in great position to force another guess from your opponent on wakeup. Good luck!
You don't use b3 MB on frame traps?

DTritan

Noob
You don't use b3 MB on frame traps?

That would bump the combo up to 3 bars, which is kind of expensive. >< I think b3[mb] is great for some characters (aquaman, cyborg, batman, etc.) and less great for others. Shazam's range on b3 is pitiful so it's difficult to make work off a frame trap like d1 , b3[mb]. You can certainly use b3[mb] to stuff jump in attacks and really meaty attacks of that sort though, sure. This isn't to say it's totally useless as a frame trap. It's just going to be specific to that moment/player. :)

[edit] Thought of something I wanted to clarify: The d1, b3[mb] trap spacing and how it plays into meta. B3 connects just slightly farther than his d1 range. Maybe one fist length visually? This makes it VERY easy to backdash or even just walk backwards a few steps out and punish shazam.... however, if you notice they're really eager to push buttons in reaction to a guarded d1/whatever, then that'd definitely a good moment for b3[mb].

For this combo (j.2, f2,2,3 xx Achilles’ Clutch[MB], 2,2 xx Herculean Might - 37%), it is possible to get 38% while making it easier to execute online if an extra 1 is added before the Achilles' Clutch.

SZSR

Noob
Does anybody know how to confirm a combo off of back, 1, 2,3?
Er, this thread is really updated anymore so please direct your combo questions to the May 2013 Bnb guide. But to answer your question, no there's too much recovery off of b1,2,3 to be able to catch anyone with anything else (even a d1) after the string.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
This one does 47%, I think: ji2, f223, 2 xx ac mb, hm mb, b3, j2, 2 xx ac

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
General question here, is it really worth burning two bars with shazam? I don't know his meta quite yet so I'm not trolling when I ask

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Why are you all burning meter on bnb's like meter isn't Shazams lifeblood?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta