What's new

Captain Cold General Discussion Thread

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
we got this from the recent patch
- Several projectile attacks have been changed to interact correctly with projectile affecting special moves (such as Captain Cold’s The Wall MeterBurn)

haven't tested yet I hope it's the window where a projectile can go through on MB.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
we got this from the recent patch
- Several projectile attacks have been changed to interact correctly with projectile affecting special moves (such as Captain Cold’s The Wall MeterBurn)

haven't tested yet I hope it's the window where a projectile can go through on MB.
We, also, got this.

Captain Cold - No longer continues to gain Character Power meter if transitioned while holding Cyclotron Charge (This does not apply in Completive / Tournament Mode)

Earl

Noob
Gray did a small web interview with Echo Fox Sonic Fox.
Advice: Have a top tier at your side - Sonic loves Capt Cold but he sucks.

DAMN COLD as ICE

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Not home to test but heard some characters received nerfs were they can't combo from grabs anymore , scared this might have affected Cold

Tanno

Not home to test but heard some characters received nerfs were they can't combo from grabs anymore , scared this might have affected Cold
It didn't affect CC, as you can't combo off of Throw. NRS statement about CC is kind of strange and makes me confused.

Tested to figure out what did they mean with the trait. No change there.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
It didn't affect CC, as you can't combo off of Throw. NRS statement about CC is kind of strange and makes me confused.

Tested to figure out what did they mean with the trait. No change there.
You can throw them into an ice puddle and it'll grant u a combo or while they're in the snowglobe depending on the timer they can get frozen for getting grabbed or even teching

I'm wondering if this has been changed at all went on a trip haven't been home to check

Tanno

You can throw them into an ice puddle and it'll grant u a combo or while they're in the snowglobe depending on the timer they can get frozen for getting grabbed or even teching

I'm wondering if this has been changed at all went on a trip haven't been home to check
Nah, it would be nerfed, if they had changed the Ice Trap's active frames rate. I know about this one, and it's a risky one. Why? That's because you need to be fast to throw your opponent on the trap, and that's because there's a high possibility to punish the throw, which CANNOT grab the unblocking lower, the stunned and the jumping opponents. What's worse, it's to be done at a certain distance, otherwise it won't freeze them spot on. It's one of the two punishing moves, but a risky one. The other and safe one is the 213.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I have to say i do wonder what the character lines (if any) between cold and sub will be...

Also im figuring out cold little by little...i still feel like he's still a bit rough around the edges to play with (strings start of high most of the time so ppl d1 them etc) but i think he is slowly turning into my main...slowly lol

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
All of his specials are busted in some way. The Wall, our best special is also the most busted, and Reo just posted a video of how punishable it is, including the EX version :\
I mean i know its a mid but im really mad surprised batman's low slide blows up meaty wall...it bats slide is a low but man does it look...weird going through wall..

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I tried hitting meaty by the end of wall's active frames. that makes it relatively safe but too risky if whiffed when they delay wakeup.

try just walking back out of their D1 range. you should see if they do a wakeup special. if not, you have 3, 1(whiff) 22 string or check them back with F23.

Because it actually does stop a few wake up options when cats are hitting buttons....thats why.

Would love to hear your suggestions though.
My suggestion is to not use a punishable special that does no damage for meaty hits. If you read a wakeup then crush it with a MB 3 or block it and punish. If you don't read a wakeup, then I suggest meaty f23 and confirm.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I had my friend check while I'm at work and Sub mb ice ball seems to go straight through mb ice wall which will probably b the same case for ice block and regular wall in the video he sent me it goes straight through but when the wall reaches Sub he's still in the animation and actually absorbs the wall as well its super weird

Mb ice wall also trades with clone

sars

Noob
I had my friend check while I'm at work and Sub mb ice ball seems to go straight through mb ice wall which will probably b the same case for ice block and regular wall in the video he sent me it goes straight through but when the wall reaches Sub he's still in the animation and actually absorbs the wall as well its super weird

Mb ice wall also trades with clone
Yup this is the most annoying thing. It shatters your ice wall but his projectile still keeps coming. Lost my first match to sub because of this. It's ennoying